Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
The problem is I don’t know if I wanna go that route. It’s a bit terrifying to me :/

I hear ya, it was for me as well... once I actually watched some video's and seen it's really not hard at all I just went for it and now, I'd never go back to drop in coils. The main reason is once you burn the cotton in a coil because it's defective to begin with, the coil is done and they can get very expensive, and of course you can't take them back even tho they were defective, the store will say they are non refundable.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I hear ya, it was for me as well... once I actually watched some video's and seen it's really not hard at all I just went for it and now, I'd never go back to drop in coils. The main reason is once you burn the cotton in a coil because it's defective to begin with, the coil is done and they can get very expensive, and of course you can't take them back even tho they were defective, the store will say they are non refundable.

Now I’d need to see what type of tank would be better for my mod, if I do decide to go that route. I don’t know... I kind of like the simplicity of buying coils, and I know I’m probably being stubborn but I insist that I’m the problem and not the coil lol I just can’t believe I’ve had this vape for less than a week and I’ve aleeady gone through two coils!

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The two coils that gave me this problem are the ones that came in the box with my vape. The guy i bought from is giving me some new ones today, and they’re gonna be the WM02. They’re dual and 0.15ohm. I’m not using any nicotine. ;_;

Also, I left my tank half full. First few hits were awesome as last night. Now it’s terrible!!!
Hopefully the coils you get today work!

• Love
Reactions: PatVapes

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Now I’d need to see what type of tank would be better for my mod, if I do decide to go that route. I don’t know... I kind of like the simplicity of buying coils, and I know I’m probably being stubborn but I insist that I’m the problem and not the coil lol I just can’t believe I’ve had this vape for less than a week and I’ve aleeady gone through two coils!

haha... you're saying the exact same things I was saying with my breeze 2. Sounds so familiar, anyhow hopefully the new coils you have will work, if not go back to your B&M and tell him, his coils suck :)

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
From what I've read you're not doing anything wrong, the best way is to always start at a low wattage, then slowly turn it up until you find the sweet spot, if it starts to taste burnt, back the watts down a bit right away and thats what you'll have to vape it at, and hopefully the cotton isn't burnt by then too much.

There is a bit of a break in period on coils, so it should get better once used a bit.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
@Rockford if I continue to have the same problems with these new coils I’ll consider buying a new tank to go the rebuildable route but from someone else. There are some good shops near my job that I’d rather go to.

The first thing I did after I tasted the burnt stuff was go back to 40w but all I taSte now is sugar. No more butter, toast or raspberry. I’ve noticed that I like to keep my watts around 50 and 60, so going back to 40w now with a coil that is most likely burnt is just soooo not satisfying

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
@Rockford if I continue to have the same problems with these new coils I’ll consider buying a new tank to go the rebuildable route but from someone else. There are some good shops near my job that I’d rather go to.

The first thing I did after I tasted the burnt stuff was go back to 40w but all I taSte now is sugar. No more butter, toast or raspberry. I’ve noticed that I like to keep my watts around 50 and 60, so going back to 40w now with a coil that is most likely burnt is just soooo not satisfying

Good plan, sometimes it can be just a bad batch of coils, I did eventually buy some packs of coils that were all fine, but it's the cost of paying for the bad one's that I didn't like doing. Try buying them from a different store if these one's are defective as well, but hopefully these they are good one's. Cheers and good luck :)

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Do vape drop ins if it suits you. The coils that have better life for me are Uwell Nunchaku, on top of having great flavor. If you can't get it in Peru, let me know, several stores carry it from Argentina and it's nearer than China.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
In your case, if you're buying them from a B&M, tell the clerk you've had defective coils and ask if he can recommend better quality coils for your tank. Maybe he's had problems with these coils before.
B&M in south american countries are hard to come by, it's basically a lottery. I don't know the vaping situation in Peru, but in Argentina there are basically no returns. If the coil is defective, filing a complaint is mostly uneffective. So I suggest changing the tank altoghether.

Reactions: Eskie

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
@Rockford yes, it’s also weird. I just took about 5 hits at 43w just fine, just took one more and it’s sooooooo bad! This coil is playing mind games with me lol

@Susaz hola! That’s so sweet of you! I first wanted to get a Nunchucku but when I asked they didn’t have any more left. It’s also hard to get people who sell Wismec here and the ones I’ve seen I don’t even remember where it was lol I’ll keep testing becaud I’m stubborn like that. Not giving up yet lol

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
@Rockford yes, it’s also weird. I just took about 5 hits at 43w just fine, just took one more and it’s sooooooo bad! This coil is playing mind games with me lol

@Susaz hola! That’s so sweet of you! I first wanted to get a Nunchucku but when I asked they didn’t have any more left. It’s also hard to get people who sell Wismec here and the ones I’ve seen I don’t even remember where it was lol I’ll keep testing becaud I’m stubborn like that. Not giving up yet lol
A second mod/tank combo is always a good idea if you don't have one. Another great tank with great coils is the Melo 3 (although old by now it's widely available in all down south) or the Cascade Baby.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Just took the coil out. Burnt or nah? Used for almost 1 day
CF3985F9-F4B4-4DA3-8AF1-61D2A517C673.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread