Am i doing sth wrong with making liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuk

Sep 9, 2017
Hi.
I got a big problem. Maybe someone already made a thread about it but i didnt find it.
Iam vaping my aspire cleito 120 with 100w d2l. I started mixing my liquids 6 weeks ago. I made the experience that some liquids got a softer throat hit then others. I mixed them all the same way. 50/50 base from avoria and 80/20 nicotine shots. So im coming to 3mg nicotine. Most of the liquids are fine for me. Somehow aromas from big mouth (apple&pear) and capella (yellow peach) arent fine for me. The taste is great but they make me have a hurting throat. I had them 4 weeks untouched in a dark area. Did i do something wrong? Are these aromas made for high vg-liquids? Are 3mg nicotine too much for them? I dont have these problems with aromas from kts, avoria or with red astaire.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Reactions: DQuit

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, many folks using a sub0hm device might use a more VG slanted mix, like 70/30 or 80/20. PG delivers more of a throat hit, so with some strong flavors I guess it might irritate your throat more? Do you usually use 50/50 liquid PG/VG or something else? Also, if they're new flavors, I guess some of them just might not agree with you, at least at the 50/50 VG/PG percentage. If you are used to 3 mg nic, then the nic shouldn't be a problem. I'd *guess* it might be either the new flavoring, or the throat hit of the PG with some of the flavors... You could try adding some VG to the mixes that you're having trouble with to see if it's one or the other? That would lower your nic content slightly, as well as flavoring percentage, but at least you'd have an idea?

Anna

Reactions: DQuit

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I used the percentages which are recommended. With big mouth i used 10 percent...with capella i used 5 percent.

Question is....when i start using a 70/30 base. I have to increase the percentage of flavor, right? But...am i not having the same issues again then?

Use the normal recommended percentage. If it's not right to you, you can always add more to taste.

Reactions: stols001

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I can't speak to the flavors as I don't vape anything aside from menthol. That said, most flavors are PG based. If you are using a juice calculator, you plug in your desired outcome in PG/VG and it will do the work for you in calculating the PG in the flavors into your total. I like 70VG/30VG but you might want to go up 80/20 if your throat is bothering you. The usual culprit is PG. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread