Am I the only one who doesn't think think the Provari is "all that"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
:pop::pop::pop: Another Provari hater/fanboy thread?

It amazes me that people actually think paying ~$200 for a battery holder is somehow a good deal considering you can get a Ipad Mini for $50 more. Then again, we have people paying roughly the same amount of $$$ for a ss tube with unique logo and numbers etched on. :lol:

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you three sure put a lot of effort to trying to convince whoever that the china cheapys are gonna last a long time:lol::lol:

face it,,we all know they won't !! there's reports all over this forum of them already dead and dying

And there are reports of Provaris dead and dying. Sure, you can return them for repair, which is great, but they're not indestructible either...

Last edited:

94civic3door

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
kentucky
I have a provari,i have a few cheaper mods,i have some mach mods.....to each his own...I do own a old old old school lava tube,that was bought way back when they first come out,a buddy bought it,gave it to me...its my work mod...that thing has been threw heck and back...droped in mud...kicked that turd down some stairs...hell my dogs even chewed a hole it in....and it still works....Looks like 10 lbs of poo in a 5 lb bag...but it still works....I dont really no what i like best....i guess i like them all pretty well! to each person his own they allkeep you off the sticks,if a 3074508435094039 dollar mod works for you great....if you can vape like macgyver with a ice pic,and a avocado good for you as well!!!! I feel like im watching some election with repulicans and demacrats acting a fool in here!!!!

Herennow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
Washington
You need a tinfoil hat to go with the kool-aid. Can't join the club unless you have the right head gear.

You are right. ProVari's don't offer much beyond an extreamely durable body and reliable voltage output.

...oh wait, isn't that why people buy them?
Hey my LT 2.0 also has a very durable body & very reliable voltage output.
No it isn't made out in the boonies in a little metal prefab building in Monroe, Wa.
It's not not named after a women's Italian purse to sound cool & sell.
But it does do the same Exact job, and has the same warranty.
And cost a hell of a lot less. And looks a lot better.
Oh yeah, it doesn't have a Lame one button menu!
I may not be able to hold it up and say look at me
as well with it. But I'd feel pretty ay doing that anyway, so I think I got a lot better buy.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
No it isn't made out in the boonies in a little metal prefab building in Monroe, Wa.
as well with it. But I'd feel pretty ay doing that anyway, so I think I got a lot better buy.
I see a new LT 2.0 sells for $79.99 from volcano. I bought my ProVari used, with the extra extension cap and two ProVari batteries for $95. Your mod is aluminum, mine is stainless steel. I can send mine in to be repaired out of warranty. Do you still think you got the better deal? It came scuffed and scratched up, but that's okay, I just needed something to get me by until my replacement Vamo's came in. I think the Vamo's look better, but the vape tastes better on the ProVari, so that's what I end up reaching for. I don't know why you got it in your head that I bought a ProVari because I wanted to say "look at me." I bought the blasted thing because I needed a mod that wouldn't crap out on me.

I find it highly ironic that you said "...I may not be able to hold it up and say look at me as well with it. But I'd feel pretty ay doing that anyway,..." when your signature does exactly that. :)

Last edited:

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies

It amazes me that people actually think paying ~$200 for a battery holder is somehow a good deal considering you can get a Ipad Mini for $50 more. Then again, we have people paying roughly the same amount of $$$ for a ss tube with unique logo and numbers etched on. :lol:

hehe, yeah, but you can't vape off your iPad Mini...

still, I think Provari being The über duber super of the Gruppe, they could present it in a Box!
This is my one and only issue with Provari. The idea of a box may seem entirely frivolous to some but there you go, I'm frivolous and proud.:D
I would have happily made the purchase. I think it's a phenomenal device and company and once I overcame my issues with tube mods Provari would have been my first port o' call, but I shall resist Provari until they provide a Box. If I'm paying for the best I want the best presentation available.

But really, for me it's not about VV/VW it's more about PWM/AVG/RMS. I own a Gripper VV, I struggle coming to terms with its output, some may love the extra kick it gives, me not so much. I love my Vamo - I get sweet flavourful vapes everytime, I suspect the Provari will give me the exact same experience. Will my Vamo outlive a Provari - probably not, but at $40 I can get another and I'm still winning, but sadly I would get zero on resale.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
still, I think Provari being The über duber super of the Gruppe, they could present it in a Box!
This is my one and only issue with Provari. The idea of a box may seem entirely frivolous to some but there you go, I'm frivolous and proud

You can get it in a box: It's called the ProBox(tm) and will cost you an extra $100.
It's made from military grade cardboard and vastly superior to any Chinese box, even stainless steel ones.
If you put the Provari regularly in its box the vapor taste will increase dramatically. This can be testified by millions of ProBox users, although nobody can explain why.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
You can get it in a box: It's called the ProBox(tm) and will cost you an extra $100.
It's made from military grade cardboard and vastly superior to any Chinese box, even stainless steel ones.
If you put the Provari regularly in its box the vapor taste will increase dramatically. This can be testified by millions of ProBox users, although nobody can explain why.

:goes off in hunt for box: :lol: Boy o boy, I can't be believe I believed you! So now I'm not only frivolous but gullible too.:facepalm:

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I bring a Provari mini and a LT mini to work every day. The LT is great for the price but doesen't fire at the voltage displayed alot of the time. Also, the LT ohm meter is pointless because it doesen't work. The Provari gives a consistant amount of vapor every draw. I do like them both but IMO the Provari is hands down a better PV.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States

Another Provari hater/fanboy thread? It amazes me that people actually think paying ~$200 for a battery holder is somehow a good deal considering you can get a Ipad Mini for $50 more. Then again, we have people paying roughly the same amount of $$$ for a ss tube with unique logo and numbers etched on.

I used to be you guys. I literally used to badmouth provari owners. I felt good getting away with owning cheaper mods. I didn't want to support a company that charged so much for something I could get so much cheaper. I felt like I was winning. Then I got a Provari. Pfft. I was an IDIOT back then. The provari wasn't made for cheap labor it was made by a metal shop in the United States where you couldn't pay someone less than 20 bucks an hour to clean out the CNC machine's metal chips. The Ipad was made in china where the government artificially stunts the value of their currency to stimulate foreign trade, where people are told what their profession will be in life, and where people live on the top floor of their factory and get paid 2 dollars an hour to sit at a conveyor belt soldering circuit boards. The Provari also has technology that the new lavatube does not have, considering it meters out at/around 3amps rather than 3.5amps like the Provari, which makes it vape inconsistently at higher voltages with lower resistance atomizers, and it also has a pulsing type of hit rather than the smoothed out hit a provari has, but the lavatube2 is a great device to own and its build quality over all, is great. The Provari is the trophy variable voltage e-cig of all the vv e-cigs because it's expensive, but ALSO because its still got a reputation of being of great quality. I personally think the Provari is just a little too expensive, but I love the quality of this device and owning it has changed my opinion of it for the most part. Owning it has caused me to stop badmouthing the price and start really advocating for the provari as a device. That doesn't mean the other devices such as the LT2 or the Zmax or Vamo aren't great devices, but my own TRUST is with Provape at this point. Uhh, with the fact that you do get the 1 year, plus a lifetime of pay-for-repairs, really pushes it over the edge for me. Because I really like my provari and I like that I can get a new tube for it for $40 if I need to, or a new screen if mine cracks for $15.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Oh Plumes.91 as much as I respect you as an honest and to the point advisor on the Forum I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement:

The Ipad was made in china where the government artificially stunts the value of their currency to stimulate foreign trade, where people are told what their profession will be in life, and where people live on the top floor of their factory and get paid 2 dollars an hour to sit at a conveyor belt soldering circuit boards.

Perhaps you are thinking China of Old, but more recently China has been developing. They may have a communist regime but they are very much Capitalists at heart. More Million/Billionaires live in China than any other country in the World. More Super Cars are exported to China than any other country, mainly 'cause they are the only one's that can afford them.
More countries sell their mineral/agricultural rights to China than any other. And as far as International Infrastructure projects go, China is currently the Biggest Investor.

I have no doubt they have blue collar workers as do most countries, somebody has to do the job? right? But I think knocking the Chinese when it is their economy and impact that could be the life blood of our flailing ones is somewhat unfair.

Even the US government now believes that China will be the Dominant, if not the only, economic Super Power by the year 2030. So instead of fearing them we should all start to work with them and in that way perhaps we can influence the current disparity between the Have's and the have Not's.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
sounds like you know more about it and china and japan than I do.
I will submit like a dog on its back when I feel I'm probably wrong.
I don't know enough about the foreign markets and I probably shouldn't of said that.
But I can't retract my statement about the provari probably being a bit expensive to produce.
Especially if the workers at Provape... (whom I wish would chime in! that'd be amazing)
...are being paid a nice US living-wage. Its still more expensive to manufacture in the US. I'm guessing<---

with that said, I believed the price of the provari was ridiculous before I owned one.
that was also before I understood other things pertaining to the cost/value of the materials + technology.
I still wish the provari was a lower price, and believe it could be. But its not, and while that is true...
I would like to buy a 2nd provari simply because I believe in it's quality + tech. above (my, &..) other mods.

I could list reasons but I don't really want to... If your interested enough you can do the research yourself.
If your not interested in doing the research and you don't already know the specifics in the tech specs +
the material quality in the provari vs. other mods, then you can only speculate and go by others u trust.
I trust the reviews that I have read/seen and I can say that from the impressions they made on me...
So far, I believe that there is no other mod on the market with regulation in it's VV tech, that do it,
the same way that the technology used to regulate the wave of each puff off of the provari does...
And it just so happens that most of the reviewers I look up to, prefer the wave of the provari over others.
Does that mean the provari is better? No. NO NO NO NO NO. I'm NOT going to say the provari is BETTER.
I'm not going to piss people off, I'm not going to be cheeky. I just believe in MY mind that the provari is GOOD.

I am currently looking at other mods to have and use right along side my provari because I don't want just 1.
Why am I not just buying another Provari right now? I cant afford it. I want 2try variable wattage now.
If I could afford a 2nd provari I still wouldn't buy one because I want a variable wattage mod.
I will be buying a variable wattage mod because I believe the VW mods avail. are also of good quality.

I done :p

Here is an article that pertains to why others may have told me japan is manipulating its currency?: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/01/26/pers-j26.html I had heard a few times that japan and china both manipulated their currencies for 1 reason or another. I don't understand currency manipulation past a kindergarten "ITS BAD!" so I probably shouldn't speak on it. lol. I apologize for including that comment in my above post.

Last edited:

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Plumes, we're good;) I don't know That much about China, but my husband is working in tandem with the Chinese on several infrastructure projects for Sub Saharan Africa, I'm a magnet for useless information and just pick it up as the projects progress.

What would really tickle me senseless is if we found the biggest importer of Provari is China:D
Love your Provari, you should. Just as I love my Vamo, but by no means will I tell you that it's Better than your Provari, I wouldn't dare.:laugh:
Now, does anyone know more about this Military Grade Cardboard?

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere

It amazes me that people would pay money for an ipad mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread