Am I the only one who doesn't think think the Provari is "all that"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Haha, you may be a forum moderator (guess that makes you a mod), but I doubt you're qualified to pass medical judgement on anyone. Unless you're also a psychiatrist. Are you? Yeah... Anyway, I don't lose things as a matter of course; this situation occurred during a trade show where you're typically loaded down with junk, rushing from place to place, and somewhat distracted in general. If you took a poll of forum members and asked who among them have lost or misplaced tubes, batts, carts, etc., I'm guessing the percentages would be pretty high.

In any case, I've been smoke-free since 2009 so no matter what I use or lose it's pretty unlikely I'll ever go back to analogs. Even if I lose 20 Provaris. Which I won't.

Im not a forum mod by any stretch of the means.I almost fell out of the chair laughing at that one.

To be honest, Ive lost my fair share of things in the past though nothing recently and nothing nearly as expensive as a Provari. They do make some pretty good products if thats a concern, like lanyards and belt holders.

I wasnt trying to sound preachy to either one one you btw.That was just genuine concern.Ive fallen off the wagon a time or two myself and luckily have been totally analog free free for my longest stretch yet.

Part of that I attribute to having the right equipment and the Provari definitely fills that role better than anything else Ive tried and Ive been lucky enough to try more than a few.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It always amazes me too, how much people care about what other people are using/doing.

Even Blu, which performed pathetically for me, is great if it's working for someone else. For example, clearos - I despise them. But I don't despise the fact that other people love them. If you're enjoying them, wonderful! I won't tell you that you're stupid to feel that way, and you don't tell me that I'm stupid for not feeling that way.

In other words, who gives a flying-front-door? ENJOY IT. Whatever "it" may be.

Why should I pay 10000.00 for a Provari when I can get a Whammo-Jammo for ......
Just kidding, lol
What I don't get is folks who look down on other folks because they don't have/don't want a Provari.
I mean really..it's not that serious, lol
Its a battery tube, lol

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Just checked out the Provari subforum to see what all the fuss is about. Wow, what a cult! Somewhere between the Summer of Love and Jonestown, I think. I've tried these things, and while they're undeniably nice units, imho they really don't vape any better than my old LT 1.0. Sure, build quality, yada yada, but actual performance? In real life? Could someone tell me what I'm missing so I can finally drink the kool-aid?

They may not vape any better than your L.T. But its all about the build quality and the great customer service that a US company can supply...

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
how much do people spend on vapin gear that end up being a major disappointment ?? 140 bucks seems kind of trivial

which style provari do you have ??

Full size, I assume that is what you are asking since the other options are listed in my post and it's in transit to me.

As for major disappointments, I haven't really had any apv's or mods that were major disappointments. Maybe I am just good at picking.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
As for major disappointments, I haven't really had any apv's or mods that were major disappointments. Maybe I am just good at picking.

To expand on this, there are a lot of things that most people could buy for under 140 dollars and be happy with. It's not as simple as the "Get a provari" mantra.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Ok.
Against my better judgement, I went over to the Provape site.
One of the features I do like about the Provari is the little teardrop pips around the top (my VariMax has those).
I see a mini that has the little pips all over the tube part, too.
Its also on sale right now for 159.95.
If they come out with red or emerald green, I'm in, though the shopaholic in me seems to want the satin silver with the cute pips on it.
LOL
Mind control
LOL

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Fury83:8584103 said:

Full size, I assume that is what you are asking since the other options are listed in my post and it's in transit to me.

In all fairness I have had some mods that were pure garbage, the YJ being first and foremost, followed by a couple of egos, but generally I've also had good luck with most PVs. My original LT is still going strong as is my Vamo, so no complaints. Head units are another story entirely, but that's a different thread. No one is questioning Provari's quality, just whether or not said quality, and other factors such as user interface, justifies the price.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ok. If they come out with red or emerald green, I'm in
Well guess what?

RedMiniProvari.jpg

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
In all fairness I have had some mods that were pure garbage, the YJ being first and foremost, followed by a couple of egos, but generally I've also had good luck with most PVs. My original LT is still going strong as is my Vamo, so no complaints. Head units are another story entirely, but that's a different thread. No one is questioning Provari's quality, just whether or not said quality, and other factors such as user interface, justifies the price.

For sure there are some crap mods, I just mean there are some decent options under 140 dollars (which is the absolute cheapest for just the blem satin device only). Some mechanical, some vv and some vw but life would be boring if we all wanted the same thing. Avoiding the china mods that are not built well is more of a function of patience rather than money spent. That's really with anything actually.

I obviously purchased one, so it's worth it for me, I just can't make that blanket statement about everyone.

500pxShopped.jpg

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012

I have had very good luck and am VERY happy with both my Vamo and my VariMax - they both perform well, have good battery life and look sharp. The only problem I have ever had was an eGo 900mah that got REALLY hot while charging. Next purchase I'm looking at is a Volcano LT in RED :)
Yeah the Provari is a bit spendy but many moons ago I spent 1200.00 on a Chanel tote, so I guess I shouldn't talk, lol :blush:
(BTW I still have that tote after 30 years, lol)

But I gotta admit, the pips are mighty cute :D

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
I have had very good luck and am VERY happy with both my Vamo and my VariMax - they both perform well, have good battery life and look sharp. The only problem I have ever had was an eGo 900mah that got REALLY hot while charging. Next purchase I'm looking at is a Volcano LT in RED :)
Yeah the Provari is a bit spendy but many moons ago I spent 1200.00 on a Chanel tote, so I guess I shouldn't talk, lol :blush:
(BTW I still have that tote after 30 years, lol)

But I gotta admit, the pips are mighty cute :D

Yeah, hot ego batt syndrome. That's happened to me a couple of times. Those things are dangerous, seriously. Here's another tip: never carry a battery (18650, etc.) in your pocket with loose keys. Nearly burned a hole in my leg...

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Yeah, hot ego batt syndrome. That's happened to me a couple of times. Those things are dangerous, seriously. Here's another tip: never carry a battery (18650, etc.) in your pocket with loose keys. Nearly burned a hole in my leg...

Lol...little plastic cases seem to help or even a small slim ziplock

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I have little plastic battery cases for each pair of battery sizes I have. I always have other things in my pocket (keys or change or nail clipper) and having your batteries in one of these inexpensive cases is really nice and SAFE. Have respect for the power that is packed in these batteries. I know, I experienced a venting battery go into thermal runaway, and it was a so-called "protected battery".

Battery Cases

Last edited:

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi jontpt,

If I may offer a still sort of newbs opinion. I was lucky enough to have done a little bit of research before I tried my first ecig. I have a few friends who had been vaping for a while.. So I was lucky to have escaped the cig a likes. I wanted something smaller than their ego types so I started with an Joytech Ecab. Was fine for two weeks till I was wanting something more and at this point the size didn't matter to me anymore. I wanted performance. Went to a local b&m and bought an Ego T and some clearomizers. That worked for about two whole days before I was having all kinds of leaking issues dry and burnt hits and only good vapor at the start of a freshly charged battery. After reading tons on this forum plus watching Pbusardo's review of the Provari.. I knew that's what I needed and wanted. I've had mine for about three weeks now and I couldn't be happier. It gives me the consistent vapor I had been longing for. I'm still a newb and there are lots of mods I know nothing about and RBAs but I am very happy right now. So happy I received my second one yesterday. :) since I've had my Provari I've never once had a craving for an analog... Now isn't that the most important thing? Just my two cents. Happy vaping everyone.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012

All of my eGo batts were floating around in a ceramic box..I just went and wrapped them all up individually in those little plastic baggies that are used for food portioning/freezing.
I knew there was another use for those things, lol

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
All of my eGo batts were floating around in a ceramic box..I just went and wrapped them all up individually in those little plastic baggies that are used for food portioning/freezing.
I knew there was another use for those things, lol

Ego batteries it's probably less touching and more a faulty switch. Bags don't hurt though.

I use the batter cases at provape for my mod batts.

Also, my previously undeliverable provari got delivered, along with my ZAP. I have a happy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
since I've had my Provari I've never once had a craving for an analog... Now isn't that the most important thing?

That's the ONLY real important thing, whatever works to keep you off the smokes, Provari or not. So happy that you have found something that works for you! :thumbs:

Last edited:

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Hi jontpt,

If I may offer a still sort of newbs opinion. I was lucky enough to have done a little bit of research before I tried my first ecig. I have a few friends who had been vaping for a while.. So I was lucky to have escaped the cig a likes. I wanted something smaller than their ego types so I started with an Joytech Ecab. Was fine for two weeks till I was wanting something more and at this point the size didn't matter to me anymore. I wanted performance. Went to a local b&m and bought an Ego T and some clearomizers. That worked for about two whole days before I was having all kinds of leaking issues dry and burnt hits and only good vapor at the start of a freshly charged battery. After reading tons on this forum plus watching Pbusardo's review of the Provari.. I knew that's what I needed and wanted. I've had mine for about three weeks now and I couldn't be happier. It gives me the consistent vapor I had been longing for. I'm still a newb and there are lots of mods I know nothing about and RBAs but I am very happy right now. So happy I received my second one yesterday. :) since I've had my Provari I've never once had a craving for an analog... Now isn't that the most important thing? Just my two cents. Happy vaping everyone.

Thanks, SuzyQ. Nice post. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Provari is somehow inferior, or doesn't live up to the hype (ok, well maybe I'm saying that a little), or won't provide a bullet-proof, lifetime vape. I'm simply comparing it with other, cheaper alternatives that for some may be a better choice. For example, I prefer multiple function buttons and perhaps the ability to connect an ego-style clearo or atty without the need for an adapter. I've been vaping for 3.5 years now, and while I certainly haven't seen it all, I've seen, and tried, a fair amount. Also the industry had changed a good bit since my humble beginnings, and devices that were super iffy back then have improved dramatically.

As for leaking, dry hits, etc. those are more a function of the head than the power unit. You also learn over time how to treat these devices so they perform more consistently. I've done a little RBA stuff, and while it's sort of fun to experiment, I haven't found them to be vastly superior to the old standards like Boge, Vivi Nova, T-3, and so on. But it's nice to brag that you spent $250 on some Icelandic thing that uses genuine polar bear hair for wicks, or whatever.

Anyway, whatever causes vapor to flow into your lungs without creating the urge to stomp it into little pieces is a successful setup. But I would be interested in knowing how the Provari cured your atty problems. The answer might make me a believer... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread