Am I the only one who wants vaping to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I have some thoughts on this whole vaping thing i felt like spelling out. Im a noob of about 6 weeks. I dont even have my ADV figured out yet. Maybe once I get settled in my feelings on this whole thing will change. A new vapors feeling and views are actually quite important. Everyone goes through this stage. Some stick through it and some don't. Im choosing to stick through it.
I get the impression that most vapers here like the way the vaping world is structured and want it to stay the way it is. I disagree and I believe if it stays the way it is it will not survive. Its new and I get that but from what ive seen a large part of the vaping world is mom and pop, basement and low budget setups. I do see there are bigger vendors putting out better products but they are very few and far between relative to the numbers. I dont want the FDA to ban it. I dont want big pharm to control it either but I feel like something more needs to happen to vaping. I feel like it needs science and money to create facts and hard evidence about it. I feel like everything I try to figure out about vaping is full of speculation and rumors. Ive been obsessed with vaping research for the last month on every topic you can think of but I find few facts. All I get is what Johnny thinks works but billy says thats crap and his way works better. I order ejuice that has poison and chemicals is it and jo blow is mixing it up in his basement. Who the hell is jo blow? I need juice but I want Dr science mixing it up using his sterile lab to analyze it before he sends it to me. I don't want juice I need to steep. I shouldnt have to steep a product im buying. I dont need to steep Blu cartos. I guarantee Dr Science and his team of nerds could figure out just what the whole steeping thing is and take care of the whole thing for me. All anyone really knows about steeping is what seems to work for them. Im inhaling juice as a healthier alternative to smoking and thats what I want it to be. I dont want to buy it from a guy trying to make a buck in his free time, buying ingredients from god knows where, mixing it up while he watches tv with no shirt on. I want the health department watching where he does it, what he puts in it and how the final product turns out.
It goes beyond the juice making. I think the whole industry is being held up not wanting bigger players to step in. I want science and technology to prefect e-cigs. I want the learning curve to be straightened out but until then I will keep doing what the rest of you are doing, learning through trial and error.

Last edited:

2nd chance

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United States
The vaping industry is still in its infancy when it comes to testing its effects on people, testing and experimentation requires money and a period of time a person has used this method of Nic delivery. Teams of scientist and doctors that would study this would also require a pay check. I believe its still too soon to have a major change in this as of yet, but as soon as things rear their ugly heads with the FDA, I am sure we will see tons of changes happening.

Ansah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
USA
Is it safe?

marathon-man-laurence-olivier.jpg

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I pretty much disagree with everything you've said. When things go corporate the quality and pride of craftsmanship goes away and higher priced less choices come in.
How many recalls on food do we here each week? Those foods are packaged with strict regulations we still get sick. Bigger dose not mean better. MadVapes is the walmart of vendors the Majority of their merch is low to poor quality mass produced stuff. We have larger vendors who charge large prices for fancy bottles and labels. We also have Gilbert making it in his bath tub. I like to think theirs room for both.
Competition helps keep the market strong and honest.
I like we have different things that I can make my own juice and RBA my stuff. I dont want some corporate test marketers opinion of what I want I want to try and decide for my self.
Biscuits in a can are ok and convent but scratch buttermilk biscuits are the best. So lets not be so quick to let others decide what we want because it may not be the most convenient.
I also will take hand made hard to get expensive over mass produced disposable one on every corner items any day.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
When I started two years ago I got a lot of comfort from the people that had been vaping for 2 years or more and still posting and healthy. Now people (The Wiz) are celebrating 5 year anniversaries. The ingredients aside from flavorings have all been researched and many before you have taken the time to check it out. My body has not given me any indication that it is rejecting vaping. Compare that to smoking. It is harm reduction, not total elimination.

There are places that you can buy pre-steeped and pre-filled cartos and there are boutique gourmet type juice places that sell it fresh. It's a matter of trust and if I know the person I trust the garage ejuice maker over the big corporation blus. How safe is that ejuice soaking in a prefilled metal/polyfil/plastic cartomizer for months versus just mixed juice rushed to me in two days?

With time you will find vendors you trust and if you stay on this site and keep up with the news, word spreads pretty quickly when something is awry. It's the best I can do and a heck of a lot better than smoking.

Personally I like the ecig cottage industry just the way it is--lots of fantastic innovative vendors that vape themselves. The fierce competition brings new technological developments coming out faster than I can keep up.

kewlceo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2009
L.A. California
It goes beyond the juice making. I think the whole industry is being held up not wanting bigger players to step in. I want science and technology to prefect e-cigs. I want the learning curve to be straightened out but until then I will keep doing what the rest of you are doing, learning through trial and error.

I've learned a lot more from the mom & pop shops than I'm ever likely to learn from large companies (such as Blu, for instance). It seems to me that if big business takes over the industry, it will more likely ruin it than improve it, but that's just IMHO.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I personally prefer the mom and pop type of shop. Just because it is a mom and pop shop or being mixed in a basement does not mean it's being done in an unsafe manner. If your worried about the juice you can buy the ingredients and mix your own.

I for one DO NOT want to see big corporations out there blowing small business out of the water putting out cheap crap and not caring about their customers.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Paragraphs are READERS friends!

Since I DIY, one of da last visitors I want to see is the health department, or any fracking governmental agency for that matter!

Ditto.

However, I don't like joe blow either but I surely don't want a big company taking over. I suggest you try www.freedomsmokeusa.com....they are state inspected. As for steeping, a simple hot water bath will fix that so you don't have to wait.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
yea your new so you didnt get to experience the crap we put up with a few years ago, if it wasnt for the small people and the custom modders what you see now from china wouldnt exist. almost every mass produced item was originally posted on a forum somewhere by a modder who thought it could be better.

i remember when some guy took a piece of a syringe tube and stuck some grommets on it and stuck a carto in it, now they are everywhere and called carto tanks. same with SS mesh genesis, came from some german modder. as well as most of the APV's the first ones were modified flashlights. now we have vamos, lavatubes. provari's etc etc , that type of innovation isnt going to keep popping up every day from a corporation that wants to standardize everything.

so yea your the only one who wants vaping to change pretty much lol. the only thing i want to change is to see china invest in some QC.

Last edited:

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I couldn't disagree more with the original post, to be honest. Vaping is what it is primarily because of a bunch of people who don't work for big, established companies pushing the limits in ways they think are cool, rather than in ways they think will make a lot of money. They don't answer to shareholders, so they're free to experiment and try new things.

And just look at how far vaping has come in a few short years. I don't buy the argument that it needs to be corporatized to innovate, not one bit. I don't buy that it needs big government agencies watching over all of it -- what harm has the lack of uninformed, agenda-pushing, beholden-to-lobbyists agencies done so far?

If you don't want to steep your cartos, great, buy your Blu cartos. Don't try to take my custom-made juice away from me, when that doesn't effect your ability to get your pre-steeped juice in any way whatsoever. That's not something that needs to be done for you to get what you want, so please leave your hands, and the government's, off what I want.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
And just look at how far vaping has come in a few short years. I don't buy the argument that it needs to be corporatized to innovate, not one bit

yea i just have to add i agree but it wouldnt hurt my feelings if big companies took proven ideas and products and were able to mass produce them with a reasonable expectation of consistency and quality. instead of the hit or miss mess we have with china right now.

I need juice but I want Dr science mixing it up using his sterile lab to analyze it before he sends it to me. I don't want juice I need to steep

order dkang, made in one of the cleanest clean rooms you can be in - look it up on you tube, and made in in 500 gallon batches and sits in a stock room for god knows how long.

there is no way for a juice maker to make and stock 500 different blends premade without going broke .

Last edited:

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
When I started two years ago I got a lot of comfort from the people that had been vaping for 2 years or more and still posting and healthy. Now people (The Wiz) are celebrating 5 year anniversaries. The ingredients aside from flavorings have all been researched and many before you have taken the time to check it out. My body has not given me any indication that it is rejecting vaping. Compare that to smoking. It is harm reduction, not total elimination.

There are places that you can buy pre-steeped and pre-filled cartos and there are boutique gourmet type juice places that sell it fresh. It's a matter of trust and if I know the person I trust the garage ejuice maker over the big corporation blus. How safe is that ejuice soaking in a prefilled metal/polyfil/plastic cartomizer for months versus just mixed juice rushed to me in two days?

With time you will find vendors you trust and if you stay on this site and keep up with the news, word spreads pretty quickly when something is awry. It's the best I can do and a heck of a lot better than smoking.

Personally I like the ecig cottage industry just the way it is--lots of fantastic innovative vendors that vape themselves. The fierce competition brings new technological developments coming out faster than I can keep up.

If I could like this more than once, I would.

To the OP, nothing says you can't stick with using Blu carto's if that is what you feel safest with. There are several vendors who sell juice that is produced in labs. There are some that have premixed bottles of juice sitting there steeping or prefilled cartos, just waiting for you to order. Many of the cottage industry mom & pop's also use a professional kitchen or a lab to actually do their work.

I know your worries. I had them, as well. The thought of some somebody sitting in their underwear picking their nose and scratching themselves while mixing your juice on the coffee table amongst the beer cans and leftover pizza cartons, with cats and dogs crawling all over, while watching t.v., just unnerves you. Am I right?

In your other thread, you were given a lot of good vendors and information. Probably too much to process. Some of those vendors have been around for several years. I know the ones I gave you are good vendors. Some of my IRL vaping friends have been buying juice from some of them for years. Though, they are all custom mix vendors. You have to be careful of the newest ones that may pop up here and there. You can always email or phone a vendor, ask about their facilities, ask for pictures of their work environment. Ask other questions you may have. If they comply, you are good to go. If not, well then it's your choice whether you still trust them.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I totally disagree also.

BP wants it regulated and taxed because ecigs are hurting their bottom line, i.e....nic replacement and drugs for quitting.

BT wants it regulated so they can take over the ecig industry to replace their falling tobacco revenue.

To the Op, who do you trust to do all this. The government, BP, BT, FDA, AMA, etc, etc... Not one of these entities has any of our best interests at heart. They are all in it for the money. We can weed out the bad apples. It's happened many times already. Just go back and do some reading in old threads. We're fine the way things are. If you truly believe what you say then just stick with a national brand like Blu. The tobacco companies never lied to us. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread