FDA American Vaping Association: August 8, 2016 – What does it mean for vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Thanks @Bill Godshall .

One thing I noticed is this paragraph in the article.
"
According to the FDA, pretty much everything and anything related to vaping is either a tobacco product, or a part or component to a tobacco product, and thus subject to regulation by the agency. As Jacob Meyer explained recently at National Review, the FDA has even taken the position that nicotine-free and synthetic (i.e., non-tobacco) nicotine products could also be tobacco products. The agency’s contention comes despite the Tobacco Control Act specifying that its applicability is limited to products “made or derived from tobacco,” as well as components or parts of such products."

There seems to be some confusion as to what is or what is not derived from tobacco.
To pit it simply if something is actually made from something it it said to be a derivative
product. It comes directly from the source.

If it is derived from something it does not have to come from the source. It can mimic,
take the place of,do the same thing as or be the same thing as what the derivative of
the source is.

An example is a regular plastic bag v a biodegradable plastic bag.
The former being a derivative of oil as it actually contains components
of oil.
The later is considered derived from oil as it mimics and takes the place
of the components that were originally derivatives of the actual oil.

The SM-65 Atlas our countries first ICBM is derived however remotely
from the humble bottle rocket. The humble bottle rocket is a derivative
of the modern form of gun powder.(smokeless)

:2c:
Regards
Mike

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The family tobacco act or whatever it's called was a really really bad idea. But for that we'd be winding down the Tobacco Age pretty fast. Bad laws are a congressional speciality. May be we're all better off if they are gridlocked all the time. I'm pretty much going to vote against most every incumbant unless I'm certain they have already done courageous things to protect vapers. If not I'd like to try somebody else, even if it's the elected dog catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread