Amp! Dna40!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlefeather

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Northern California
Nostalgic meets New Tech, when Inspiration meets Occasion! TURN IT UP! It’s time to get the band back together!

Yup, I got to be part of the DNA40 beta test group and put this unit together for testing the board. Amazing tech (DNA40), IMHO!

I had planned a DNA30 for this enclosure, but the occasion couldn’t be ignored! Thought I’d show insides if anyone might like to give it a go or it may help in design ideas for future projects. A few things changed from my original drawing. I had originally had the up/down buttons side by side but decided to go with in-line for better aesthetics and staying with the theme. Missing is the photo of the atty positive soldered in! Sorry, about that I was getting close to button-up, annnnd well the excitement, ya know? I love it when a plan comes together!

http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Littlefeather_Design/library/Mobile%20Uploads/Amp%20Mod?sort=6&page=1

Attachments

• AMP-00-4.jpg
    AMP-00-4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 145
  • AMP-00-3.jpg
    AMP-00-3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 171
  • AMP-00-6.jpg
    AMP-00-6.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 162
  • AMP-00-11-1.jpg
    AMP-00-11-1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 203

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
That is one smooth looker. I just paid for two boards in Mike's co-op and to be frank, I haven't a plan on how the mod should be yet. Thanks for the refreshing inspiration here with yours Little.

edit: had a look at the build photos, and your workbench ROCKS!

Last edited:

Littlefeather

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Northern California
That is one smooth looker. I just paid for two boards in Mike's co-op and to be frank, I haven't a plan on how the mod should be yet. Thanks for the refreshing inspiration here with yours Little.

Thanks! At the bench! That's where my mind seems to work best! I've got a few designs I'm working on. Trying not to clutter the thinking to much. :vapor:

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Permitted

Littlefeather

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Northern California
Hey Johnny, thanks for the interest.
The material is Canvas Micarta (phenolic-Google it) .093 (3/32") thick, in either C or CE grade. This stuff was invent in 1907 by the guy that invented Bakelite (first thermo plastic). He worked for Westinghouse and this material was used for old radio chassis that the vacuum tubes would be mounted on and other uses where non-conductive material with a good strength to weight ratio was required. I learned that is make great handle material for knives. I've worked with a lot of different materials and technologies and like using dissimilar materials for the projects I make. Most of my work in the last 25 years has been of the miniature nature. Modding seemed to fit well with my skill sets. Lately I've been doing more jewelry work than anything else. I don't always make mods, but when I do I prefer the DNA40. Haha! You spoke of guitars. Never done one but that may change!

Littlefeather

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Northern California

Asdaq
Feel free to give this go if you like. That's why I put the photos up. Possibly to inspire someone to give it a try or at least give others design ideas.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
What's next---A Leslie Cabinet Mod:laugh: Great work and thanks for "a window in.":)
Ps. Do you have a needle nose for every day of the year:blink:

Hah that's the first thing I thought of also when I saw the workbench photo, and the second was "I need to do that with all my pliers instead of digging around in a drawer for them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread