Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I finished the Puck this morning, vaped on it for about 5-6 hrs and batts seemed to be going. So does this count as a passthru? I think its a portable rechargeable passthru cell. Its a 4AA holder w the 2 wires run inside the empty puck batt box. I used some releaseable modeling putty type of stuff to hold the temp batt box in place while I wait for the AAAs to charge. I dont have the 15 min charger yet so its going to be a while. I think this will do. Prob shouldn't bring it out in public tho. :D
DSC04592.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

Heres all 3 of my babies. These are my first attempts at modding. The 2 on either side each have 1 18650 in them.
DSC04596.jpg

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Is there any reason why this would not work with an 808 tank? I can't seem to make it work for some reason, and I'm pretty sure I have done everything correctly. I am not using an LED, so no resistor. I'm using 4 2500mah 1.2v batteries.

Although I have not personally used an 808, there are many that have used an 808 atomizer and it worked perfectly. Did you check and see if you are getting voltage to the connector with the tank off the unit?

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Yes, I did check with a multimeter. I have a real connector coming in the mail, should I just try that? Is it possible that I put the wires on the DC port in the wrong orientation?

Also, 808 is just the size. I'm using a tank cartomizer instead of an atty; my port is on the outside of the case.

You might want to add a small ball of solder on the end of the center conductor on the jack. Sometimes the jack used does not reach an 808. I heard that the "N" version of the coxial power jack doesn't have any problems I believe if I remember correctly. Not all folks have had this issue though. Try the extra bit of solder on the end of the center conductor and see if that works for you.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Is it possible that I put the wires on the DC port in the wrong orientation?

I was just looking at the jack and it would be easy to reverse the wires on the lugs. The - lug is directly across from the solder bridge, but because of how the lugs are layered it could very easily be reversed. I did make a connector jack out of the 901 RS adapter, I just decided to not use it when it came time to assemble. So I have a prepped, soldered jack right here in my hand to inspect.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Is there any reason why this would not work with an 808 tank? I can't seem to make it work for some reason, and I'm pretty sure I have done everything correctly. I am not using an LED, so no resistor. I'm using 4 2500mah 1.2v batteries.

I'm assuming your connector is a coax as in the original ?

I have this issue, but its just a connection issue. The carto posts on 808 gear don't seem to easily make contact with the coax. Just take a pin and gently try to pull the pin out a few millimeters, if that works, you're golden, if not, its a wiring issue

I'm assuming your connector is a coax as in the original ?

I have this issue, but its just a connection issue. The carto posts on 808 gear don't seem to easily make contact with the coax. Just take a pin and gently try to pull the pin out a few millimeters, if that works, you're golden, if not, its a wiring issue

Take a pin and pull it out? How would I go about doing that?

And yes, I am using the same connector as mentioned in the tutorial, but I'm using size "N" instead of "M".

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
I thought about trying that, I just didn't want to overdrip and short it. I'll try that now. However, I am using a size "N". Here are my schematics by the way:

View attachment 107958

I might have had it backwards. It may be the "N" jack is a tad short and the "M" works fine. Either way, just put a bit of solder on the end and you should be fine.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Puck,
Did you see my improvised, portable puck battery pack? Not bad for my 1st week modding huh? Thanks again for sharing this great invention.

Yes I did :) The Puck looks really good. As far as the battery pack.... Ya godda do what ya godda do when the batteries are dead and charging :)... and you did great by the way :)

bratanella22

Jul 30, 2012
michigan
Hi Puck, I am new to vaping only been doing it for about 2 1/2 months. I finished biulding the puck yesterday but it didn't work. but I think I know where the problem is the red battery wire, where do you conect it at on the switch I can't tell in the picture and I think I conected it in the wrong place. another question does it conect to the little metal plate that the spring was conected to. Thanks puck for putting the instruction up for all to use they were very easy to follow at least until I got to the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread