Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Many thanks to ThePuck for this! I assembled most of my parts, just need batts and epoxy now and I'm ready to go!

Does anyone know if an internally mounted (as in the OP) coax/901 connection will work, in terms of proper airflow, with a CE2/Fluxomizer? (I know the hole will have to be wider for this). I'm wondering if I'm better off scavenging an 808 battery connector from a batt and just top mounting it, but if anyone has had success with the OP design and a fluxo/clearo, I'd prefer the compact look

TIA

Cyrus

BigBulli

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
That sounds very cool, any pictures?

uploadfromtaptalk1334862697472.jpg

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

BigBulli

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Also known as Instamorph: InstaMorph - Moldable Plastic Some that have tried the stuff say that it would be quite easy for the heat from the mod to re-melt it. Just a heads up.

The board mount I made on a vv puck melted. The connector I made does not get hot and is holding up great.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone :)

Did anyone try to use a couple of 3 AA Battery Boxes.

http://www.batteryspace.com/battery...erwithcoverandon-offswitch-rohscompliant.aspx

I am not a modder (yet :) ), but I think it will be better to place the forth battery in the second box at the back and all needed to be done is soldering two extra wires to connect all batteries together as in the 4 AA Battery Box.

This way, the 4 AA Puck is much smaller and have the same power and efficiency.

I think by doing this, one will not consider the 4 AAA Puck as an option since it is possible to have more than double the power in a not much bigger unit as the two 3AA Puck.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com

http://www.batteryspace.com/battery...erwithcoverandon-offswitch-rohscompliant.aspx

I am not a modder (yet :) ), but I think it will be better to place the forth battery in the second box at the back and all needed to be done is soldering two extra wires to connect all batteries together as in the 4 AA Battery Box.

This way, the 4 AA Puck is much smaller and have the same power and efficiency.

I think by doing this, one will not consider the 4 AAA Puck as an option since it is possible to have more than double the power in a not much bigger unit as the two 3AA Puck.

It's been done before but not very popular. The issue is it is a big hassle changing batteries.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
My parts arrive today. I am as excited as if I had a provari or something like that showing up. I ordered enough to make at least 3. I'm contemplating attempting the SD and the perfume bottle sprayer type of deal. Has anyone tried a bottom feeder? I think I read all 7000 pages in the 3 threads but its possible I missed that along the way.
So for the past 2 days I was working on a box mod with a vision tank recessed all the way in the box with just the SS cap and drip tip exposed out the top. So this was the 1st time I attempted a mod without using the pre-wired 510 connector. I literally started modding about a week ago and this was also the first time I ever attempted soldering. Well after 2 days of work I was almost done and my connector wires fell apart, and due to the way I had it configured there was no fixing it w/o ripping it apart and starting over. So after I conquer a puck or 2 I will be getting back to my vision recessed 18650 box of beautifulness. I'm considering starting a thread for us noob modders to show off our monstrosities, and get feedback from the big dogs. Watch out Breaktru (sorry spelling), I'm coming for you. As soon as I figure out how to solder and what exactly a dna chip is, I'm gonna give you a run for your money. Or at least make a complete ... out of myself in the process.:D

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

I've done it a few times, after the first few time switching batteries, it becomes second nature...:) Maybe an extra 10 seconds, and I love the way it fits my hand. I went a bit crazy building different configurations, (cheap enough) 'till I found the combination of boxes, switch position, atty connector position, led position.....etc...:facepalm:

I love how customizable the basic concept is, you can experiment to find what fits your hand, and how you hold it when you vape, make it fit you!! don't settle for a bought design that you have to "put up with" and never really fit your own preferences.

It's what make modding so enjoyable, and the "Puck" style makes it very easy and safe to try!!

I do not mind the extra hassle changing batteries if the end result is a much neater Puck.

I was thinking if I have to be stuck to the two 4AA battery boxes, regardless of my zero electronic background, I better add two extra AA bats at the back box and add the required stuff to make it a VV Puck.

I know this is against what the Puck is made for, but I have to order everything by mail since there is no RS anywhere near me.

What I think is the best feature of the Puck is:
1 It is a safe battery mod. No worries of exploding
2 Batteries are available anywhere.
3 No Electronic back ground is needed

Thank you ThePuck for your wonderful idea :)

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Ok guys I'm attempting the puck. I have my 1st question. My question is regarding post #2, the last photo shows the spring and contact re-inserted into the batt box after it is un-soldered from the switch, and it says the wires are routed thru the square switch opening. My question: Is the black wire soldered to the spring contact that I just unsoldered from the switch? if so which black wire is it, or can it just be a cutoff on the other end for later attachment?
Your help is appreciated
Thanks

BTW heres the link
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/106016-how-build-puck.html

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I just cut the black wire off the switch and re-used it on the battery lug.

I made a 4AAA version for a co-worker who wanted to try vaping and a 4AA version for myself last night.

Thanks Puck for sharing this with us all.

The battery lug is the spring contact?

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Got it thanks

I just finished my first Puck. I made it exactly to specs, with the exception of a 510 connector. I literally own 1 901 atty that I bought a few weeks ago to try. I have endless 510 and 306 items. So I was using an old DCC with the poly removed as my dummy. I got the whole thing finished about an hour ago, hit the switch, hit the button and viola, we have vapor. So I went to change the carto and the connector broke loose inside. As we speak/type she is sitting while half a tube of J-B dries, so tomorrow I will post pics. I did use a diff button and LED, so it looks kind of cool, IMO.
Puck, thanks again for the great idea. I have about 15 AA 2400mAh Duracells, so they will be next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread