And now were up to 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
LA is where they seem to think a lot of the counterfeits are coming from. The thing is, it may be legal in Cali but there are some illegal operations taking place there for the purpose of exporting to illegal states (also I guarantee the black market continues in CA to undercut the price of legal product).

Positive CA still has a healthy black market despite the legalities. Legal here in Canada but we also have a healthy black market.

LA maybe a large distribution hub, but is it the only distribution hub? That I doubt

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Leafly did an excellent article on where the tainted cart parts are coming from but big media does not seem interested.
The conclusion I drew from reading that Leafy supply chain article was not exactly spelled out. I posted elsewhere: this sudden health crisis is just the tip of the iceberg.

Those tainted products are just now being discovered. The supply chain has been running for months. There's got to be millions of those bootleg carts out on the street still working their way to a willing user. Even if some magical police force were to shut down all the producers and distributors instantly, there's still months of supply in the pipeline.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
There are pics on google. The ones I have seen in person are skinny with metal tip and base. They could put the stuff in anything really, and could sell the liquid without a cartomizer...
The liquid tends to be a yellowy amber color.
I tell people I know who might use things like this that they better be sure they came from a legitimate place... No street drugs are "safe".

As I understand, so far it looks like most of this tainted liquid is being put into carts, my guess is to increase profits. But you’re right, could be sold in bottles.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
As I understand, so far it looks like most of this tainted liquid is being put into carts, my guess is to increase profits. But you’re right, could be sold in bottles.
Ease of use is a factor with things like that. You give them the substance and the way to use it.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
There are pics on google. The ones I have seen in person are skinny with metal tip and base. They could put the stuff in anything really, and could sell the liquid without a cartomizer...
The liquid tends to be a yellowy amber color.
I tell people I know who might use things like this that they better be sure they came from a legitimate place... No street drugs are "safe".
Yeah that's exactly the same skinny pen type thing this guy was vaping, using street thc, sat outside the pub.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I don't know about nic pod sickness issues .. what I do know is, the Underground Market in the USA for high strength THC pods .. up to 1000mg .. people are using the availability of these pods no different than when coke was distilled down to crack .. they want it, they seek it out and they like it .. it's just simple as that ::

Wisconsin brothers accused of running illegal THC vape cartridge 'empire'

I don't think China has anything to do with it other than making the pods themselves .. what this whole issue needs to be named is another Drug on top of the other Drugs .. the more and more easy availability of weed has morphed just like coke did in in the mid-80's ..

And the Vape Pen has become the delivery system ..

You want the straight skinny on the issue .. ?? Take a minute ::

Is Vaping Really Killing People? Here are the Facts

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
From the article:

"It's not clear how many of the 275 added cases occurred in the last week, and how many are being logged long after they happened. The CDC has not released details on when symptoms began in each case.

The agency's count includes only illnesses that have met certain criteria. Other illnesses are also being investigated."

So they are going back and classifying these things after the fact. How long after the fact we don't know. And what the "certain criteria" are, we don't know. What the "other illnesses" are, we don't know that either. Really? I find this all a bit hard to believe. Draw your own conclusions.
So … Anyone who had an unexplained respiratory illness the last year or so and touched a vape the previous month will fit the bill. A quite loose definition. Well, 800 is a quite low number!!
This "retrospective" diagnosis game is becoming more and more obvious.

When this wave of lung disease started, I was shaken and was like "stop", "think", "read". Thanks to this media/CDC hysteria and paranoia, I now feel at peace.
Back to noirmal business. Need to go check out my Pico S2 that just arrived

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The conclusion I drew from reading that Leafy supply chain article was not exactly spelled out. I posted elsewhere: this sudden health crisis is just the tip of the iceberg.

That's a scary thought. How many people have been damaged by this stuff but not bad enough to end up in the emergency room.

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just caught the last half of a commercial for a law firm asking for people who had suffered illnesses etc. from using Juul pods.
I'm speechless.
Ambulance chasing lawyer scumbags.

What illnesses? I read of one father whose son asked him for a Juul. Then he claims he didn't know it contained nicotine, and his son is now addicted to nicotine and is suing. Hello?

images

Anyone who purchases something off the black market is taking their life into their own hands. The onus falls on your own shoulders.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Has anyone found information or pictures of the cartridges that are likely responsible? I would like to spread the word about the real threat, hopefully save some people from getting ill or dying.
nejLC4Gt4Hjcb8fECythVb-320-80.jpg

safe_image.php
70875501_2660669320620109_4168507077800493056_n.jpg

70833527_2604226663176814_1870291075806003200_n.jpg

EEayK-7XsAA7eJg.jpg

The one vial of THC that I recently purchased from a legal dispensary in Colorado looks like the first picture. Essentually a disposable clearomizer that can be used on any 510 battery device. There apparently is no way to distinguish between the legal and black market vials visually. They appear to be visually identical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread