Angry Rant About Big Belly Drip Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
California,USA
WHY, in the BLUE HELL, does every big belly drip tip have to look like it was bought from a Grateful Dead concert!!! I just want a nice, basic, classic, SOLID BLACK, big belly drip tip. Is that too much to ask? If that 70's look is your thing, cool, I can't stand it! Even though big belly drip tips kinda look like bell bottoms, do they have to be tie-dyed too!?! The only good thing to come out of the 70's, in my opinion, was Punk Rock. FOR CRAP'S SAKE, I just need some to keep the Smoktech carto tanks from slipping without using an extra o-ring on top of the tank. How about some solid colors, or maybe even some cool patterns, for the rest of us.....or am I alone on this one?

frndwthcrppl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
dreary erie

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
California,USA
Personally I think they look cool, but why not try something like this:
510/901/KR808d-1 Anodized Aluminum Vase Drip Tips

or even these ones, there is swirls of color but I wouldn't consider them tie-dye.
510/901/KR808d-1 Calabash Drip Tip

they also have the vase style ones in the same coloring patterns as the calabash style

Thanks for those options. The Calabash's aren't AS bad as some I've seen. If the Aluminum ones were made of delrin they would be perfect.

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
California,USA
I've never wanted a big belly drip tip, but I'm happy with the black Delrin ones I use. They stay cool, even with a dual coil stainless carto that gets hot when in use.

I only want them because I've heard here on ECF, and have seen videos on YouTube, that there is a good amount of slippage with these tanks. The flanged cartos keep them from slipping down and a big belly drip tip keeps them from sliding up. Do yours not slip?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I only want them because I've heard here on ECF, and have seen videos on YouTube, that there is a good amount of slippage with these tanks. The flanged cartos keep them from slipping down and a big belly drip tip keeps them from sliding up. Do yours not slip?

I don't use carto tanks. I prefer a slim profile with my eGo batts. I just carry a 3ml bottle in my pocket to top off my Boge cartos. The Delrin tip stays on in my jeans pocket and only comes off when I want it to. I also like the coolness when I'm using a SS dual coil. The standard flat plastic cap just doesn't work for me. Hot lips have their place, but not in vaping ;).

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    For the most part I use J-Tanks, and they don't slip at all. I have one of the Smoketech DCT's, and I use the new Boge XL cartos in it.
    What I have found is that because of the smaller o-ring design of the DCT a punched carto does not slip around like a pre drilled Smoketech carto does. You have to refill the tank from the bottom tho' because the punches will not slip through the end cap. With a new carto, take the top cap off the tank, and install the new carto from the top. That way the punches never have to be forced through an end cap.

Last edited:

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
    California,USA
    For the most part I use J-Tanks, and they don't slip at all. I have one of the Smoketech DCT's, and I use the new Boge XL cartos in it.
    What I have found is that because of the smaller o-ring design of the DCT a punched carto does not slip around like a pre drilled Smoketech carto does. You have to refill the tank from the bottom tho' because the punches will not slip through the end cap. With a new carto, take the top cap off the tank, and install the new carto from the top. That way the punches never have to be forced through an end cap.

Thank you very much for that tip! However, I do like the convenience the pre-punched cartos would offer. I use 100% PG juice, so that single tiny hole will probably actually work as intended.

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
    California,USA
    :laugh: :p

Yeah, I'm not into the tie dyes either :p I like this black with white swirl one DripTips for Vapor4Life 808D Electronic Cigarette Cartomizers

Thanks for the response.....but those still don't do it for me. If only someone would make them in solid colors (black in particular) I'd be happy. As well as, cool little patterns of stars, or vertical stripes, or skulls, some people may like flowers, cat and dog paws.....what have you. You know? Different stuff for people with different tastes. CRAP, I'd start my own business if I could with screening designs on big belly drip tips, but since there's not even any suppliers of solid color ones to print onto, I guess that wouldn't even be possible. (can't get the smileys to work, so I'll just say: NYUK,NYUK,NYUK)

Bohab13

May 29, 2011
    California,USA

Yeah, I know.....but I'm poor and buying 3 cheapy Smoktech tanks would be doable, whereas 3 J-tanks would not. Thank you though. I do appreciate the effort very much. I just gotta say, I never had the desire to join a forum, but my friend twisted my arm, and I'm so very glad I did join. Every day I can't get over how many helpful and truly kind people are here. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Yeah, I know.....but I'm poor and buying 3 cheapy Smoktech tanks would be doable, whereas 3 J-tanks would not. Thank you though. I do appreciate the effort very much. I just gotta say, I never had the desire to join a forum, but my friend twisted my arm, and I'm so very glad I did join. Every day I can't get over how many helpful and truly kind people are here. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Those are what I use in a Smoktech tank.

erictho

ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    i thought this might have been about how those damned drip tips break so readily. i bought a few because i thought they were really pretty, but they honestly look much better when not fully assembled on a pv (imo).
    after rentering from -30C cold, one drip tip snapped. on another occasion, i dropped my pv from a foot from the ground and it smashed. while not ideal treatment of one's gear, this is all treatment that my celluloid drip tips have endured. and i like the lava lampy trippy colors. i will admit sometimes i feel a little silly, but then i remember i'm overall a colorful person. so there are my .02.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread