The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What is your favorite style of drip tip? :)

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by kblush, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kblush

kblush Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi!! :) I'm still waiting for my pv to come in the mail so I haven't even vaped yet and in the meantime I'm looking for drip tips to buy! I would like to know your favorite style(s) and why you like them so I can make more informed decisions! So far I have a clear little plastic one and a straight metal one. The hole in the standard style plastic one just looks so small compared to inhaling the whole diameter of a cigarette filter!! That may take getting used to! I thought the stainless one looked cool but I realized I don't like putting my mouth on metal. [​IMG] I also tried a drenlin type and I wasn't crazy about hard plastic. I'm used to smoking cigarettes and the filters are soft so I'm leaning towards getting a soft rubber drip tip. I really like the look of the vase and acrylic fancy ones though! :) It seems that most drip tips are not "wide mouthed" and the ones that are seem to be black drenlin plastic ones or maybe some vase ones? i was interested in one of those because I thought that since the hole is bigger I would inhale more vapor and have a more richer vaping experience. Do you find that you inhale enough vapor with the drip tips with the standard size hole? Thank you so much!!! :) *If I'm using the term 'drenlin' incorrectly forgive me! I'm new to all this! :)

2. araczynski

araczynski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2011
    omaha, ne
    i like the translucent hard plastic/derlin ones. namely because they're super cheap, stay in quite well, and i can cheaply keep some color/juice matching on the cartos when i'm using stainless/black ones. have a couple rubber ones, but they seem to have a smaller inner diameter opening and the juice seems to get drawn into the mouth through those, but never the translucent ones...

never liked the idea of putting in cold aluminum into my mouth, nor do i like the weird swirly colors, or the vase shaped feminine looking ones. but to each their own.

3. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi! Thank you so much for your opinions!!! That's very interesting what you said about your experience with the rubber ones! I'll have to keep that in mind!! *I do like the look of stainless or black ones to match the color of my cartos. I think it looks sharp! :)

4. araczynski

araczynski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2011
    omaha, ne
    by color i meant that i'd use a red one on a cherry/cranberry carto, a green one on an apple carto, a clear one on a menthal carto, a blue one on a grape carto, and a black one on my secret 15 juices mixed carto, etc.... that way i don't have to smell each one of them, just pick a color and go.

5. Taintedhalo

Taintedhalo Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2011
    Kentucky
    I found the hard plastic ones to be weird at first too but now after 2 months I kinda like that its different from filters. Reminds me of what I accomplished giving them up.

6. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
  7. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Ohhhh! That's a great idea!!!! Thank you for explaining that to me!! Color coding!!! [​IMG]

8. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Now that is a really cool thought! I'm hoping that my vaping experience will be different than smoking so what better way to add to that feeling than by having the end you put in your mouth feel totally different! I like it! :) thanks!

9. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
  10. Taintedhalo

Taintedhalo Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2011
    Kentucky
    Your welcome. Glad to have ya on the forum!!

11. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Thank you!!! I'm so glad to be here!!! You guys are great! :)

12. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    The drip tip that gave me the best feel-fit in my mouth and also the best vape was a ming drip tip. It reallly did vape excellent. It was SS as those are the only types I will use. I did get rid of it right away as did not like the looks of it on any of my mods. You can buy those in Acrylic from CloudsofVapor.Com

I like the shorty DT's from SuperT or Ziptips from Puresmoker.

13. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi!!! Thank you so much for sharing that information with me!!! I can't wait to check those out! :)

14. Pega

Pega Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Budapest
    check out the pyrex dts from the ecig...

15. bobthesalesclerk

bobthesalesclerk Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    The nickel plated tips from vaporgalaxy.com are my favorites. They look awesome, are comfy, and the holes wide enough to drip right into.

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

16. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Pyrex drip tips sound cool! I'll check them out at theEcig.com!!! Thank you for the idea!!! :)

17. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Going to check it out now!! :) Thank you!!

18. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Pyrex tips are my favorites.
    If you have any metal/acrylic/delrin sensitivities, pyrex is perfect. You can wash them like you do your dishes and they never hold/absorb flavors and they don't get stained by juice colors.
    TrippyTips, Theecig, EliquidPlanet have some fun choices. For TrippyTips you need to be signed up to get the newsletter to know when the sale night will be held, be sure to see his last 'tippedoff'. It helps to follow the thread in the accessories suppliers forum.

19. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    I have decided to go all delrin Mings -- dang it, they'r the most comfortable and I still have the trouble of chomping on the danged things, metal doesn't chew well!!!!:laugh:

20. Pega

Pega Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Budapest
    Neither does Pyrex :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.