The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What is your favorite style of drip tip? :)

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by kblush, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I like Delrin whistle tips. They match my black eGo batteries and my Titanium ones. Delrin (plastic) doesn't conduct heat, so you can use them with dual coil stainless atomizers without heating up your lips.

2. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

Those Mings are the most comfortable fit DT I ever tried. Too bad I can't abide the looks of them on my GGTS

3. kblush

kblush Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    He he!
    He he!!! No, metal doesn't chew well!!! [​IMG]Thank you so much for sharing your preference!! :)

4. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Thank you for telling me about the derlins! That's very interesting and I didn't know that!!! I'm going to order a whistle tip today to see if I like the style! Thank you so much!! :)

5. carlton M

carlton M Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    Walnut Creek Ca
    Has anyone had trouble with the Mings not fitting? Mine fits only in the Universal. It seems the "o" ring is too large, or the groove the ring sits in is too shallow. I've tried it without the ring and it fits too loosely.
    Any recommendations?

6. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Most tips will slide in with a little lubrication on the o-ring. Be careful not to break the Ming at the ledge where the o-ring is located. They are very fragile in that area.
    I keep Danco #47 #36 and #60 o-rings on hand for the different variances that the atomizers tube, purchased from Home Depot. China can't seem to keep them one size.

7. carlton M

carlton M Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    Walnut Creek Ca
    Wow! Thanks HzG8rGrl! A simple solution (*slaps forehead*)! I will try these!

8. Della Cirque

Della Cirque Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    Deep East Texas
    On a 510 atty my favorite is my Trippy Tip. On 306 atties I love the already mentioned pyrex tips. Both are wide mouthed and easy for dripping.

9. araczynski

araczynski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2011
    omaha, ne
    a good lube to use on the o rings is the juice itself, just circle the (usually) wet tip of the dripper bottle around the o ring quickly and you should be good to go.

10. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi! :). The Trippy Tips are really nice! I think I'm going to get a contoured Pyrex drip tip from theecig.com. Customer service there told me that the glass doesn't transfer heat at all which is what I really need! Thank you!!!

11. Sweeney Todd

Sweeney Todd Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2012
    Durham, NC USA
    I don't know what it is, but I really like brushed aluminum drip tips. Guess we all have different tastes.

12. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    We definitely do!!! I guess that's why there is such a big selection of types out there! I'm glad we don't all like the same kinds or there would be no pyrex ones left for me! [​IMG]lol

13. evosil98

evosil98 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hawaii
    Stainless steel are very good drip tips but everyone has their own opinion

14. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    I bought a pyrex drip tip last night!!! I can't wait to get it and I hope I like it!!! :)

15. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    Update on drip tips: I just wanted to share this with you guys!! I've done a lot of research on "all things vape" for the past several weeks and it was only yesterday that I heard of ceramic drip tips!!! My search for the best drip tip has focused on finding one that doesn't get too hot when I take a strong draw. It bothers my lips when it does! I haven't tried every kind of material available for drip tips but the best one I have so far is a pyrex one while although it gets warm it doesn't get close to as hot as all the others I've tried and I am very happy with it! The only problem is that they are pretty expensive compared to drip tips made of other materials. That brings me back to ceramic drip tips! In the review that I'm going to share with you it says that they are pretty good at staying cool so they are something I'm definitely going to try!! There is a link in the review to a company that sells them but I plan on Googling to see what other companies are out there who make them too!! :)

Quick Review: Ceramic Drip Tip

16. bobthesalesclerk

bobthesalesclerk Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Vapor galaxies nickel plated drip tip ftw!

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

17. on3fifth

on3fifth Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2011
    Princeton IN
    Big fan of Cherry Vape's Ming drip tip.

tank.jpg

18. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    I'm a big fan too!! Their colored acrylic ones are awesome too!! I think they're so gorgeous that I might disregard whether they are good at resisting heat or not!! :) *I haven't tried one so I don't know. I really wanted to buy one but I think they told me that they wouldn't fit on a KR808D-1 cartomizer. I'm not sure so I'm going to email them and ask and post the results!

19. D4rk50ul

D4rk50ul Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    Hawaii
  20. kblush

Dec 21, 2011
    San Diego
    I can't deny that one is pretty awesome!!!:2cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.