Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety

I think I'll take it with the entire shaker! The results can't be correctly interpreted without seeing the actual study. I would hazard a guess that most vapers are also former smokers. That muddies the waters considerably. Also, to put it in a more positive light, people who only vape have cut their risk substantially compared to smoking (if this study is at all accurate). I would also hazard a guess that dual users are those who are trying desperately to get off analogs and not quite making it, possibly due to adverse health effects from smoking. And since when is 3 years long-term?

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Tobacco Control's Giant Tuskegee Experiment - suppressing research, to blame smoking for COPD caused by cytomegalovirus (CMV) Cytomegalovirus Is Implicated in COPD

NHANES: 23% of COPD patients are never smokers Airway obstruction in never smokers: results from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. - PubMed - NCBI because CMV is so common, not due to whiff of ETS

As less wealthy people, smokers are more likely to have CMV infection, causing confounding CMV and Social Class

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
Remember bias in these studies. Anyone remember Ancel Benjamin Keys who skewed his hypothesis to create the low fat myth? The anti vaping people want to influence by creating skewed "studies" to promote a fear of vaping.
I have been vaping 10 years. I started out with chronic bronchitis. I have no problems after finding my balance with vaping.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I saw on Facebook today that Dr. Farsalinos said it was so bad it wasn't even worth commenting on!

Yeah... This is by far a New Low. Even for Slantz.

At some point, the University of California Board of Regents needs to step in. And attempt to repair the Tarnish that is being done to UCSF.

• Agree
Reactions: Jingles

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah... This is by far a New Low. Even for Slantz.
Lower than than Helena study? :eek:

At some point, the University of California Board of Regents needs to step in. And attempt to repair the Tarnish that is being done to UCSF.
Will they even notice the tarnish if the "science" corroborates their own pre-conceived notions and bias?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Lower than than Helena study? :eek:

Will they even notice the tarnish if the "science" corroborates their own pre-conceived notions and bias?

The Problem is that the California UC system does some Cutting-Edge Medical Research. And attracting the Best and the Brightest, as well as Ginormous Funding Grants, is somewhat contingent on doing "Good Science".

Slantz is an Affront to even Mediocre Science. And his Professional Conduct has become an Embarrassment to not only his Department. But to UCSF in general.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread