Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I'm vaping 24mg and would like to go down I was a three pack a day smoker, how long did you wait before dropping the Nicotine level?

Congrats Rachy! Good job! And the others who've lowered their nic, too! As for michaelsil1's question: I waited only about a month to drop from 24mg. to 18mg. then another month to drop to 12mg. due to a nicotine overdose scare. I stayed at 12mg. for a little while, but then 2 months later I started my march down for real. I went really slow...buying two of the same flavor juices at different mg. levels and mixing them to make graduated steps down. When I'd gotten to 6mg last summer (after about 9 months since I started) I started DIY...that gave me even more control. Since July 2012 I've gone from 6mg. on down to 4mg in Oct. and stayed there until the first of this month when I stepped a tiny step down to 3.5mg.

Even that little bit of a step I can tell I'm vaping a bit more again...which happens every time I move down another notch. It'll level out. And I have to keep reminding myself it's no big deal...I'm so low now that I only have to use a few ml. of nic base for a 60ml. bottle...and so it's not at all expensive. I'll just keep vaping as much as I need to until my body adjusts to the lower level...and I'll be fine. I'm stepping down much slower now...it's not "hard"...but I don't want to rush anything!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm vaping 24mg and would like to go down I was a three pack a day smoker, how long did you wait before dropping the Nicotine level?

I went from 18 mg to almost zero in about 10 months. I stayed at 18 for the first 3. Those were the hardest because I was having cravings for smokes. I think after about 6 months I probably could have moved the nic down a lot faster than I did. I was a pack a day smoker for 37 years.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Congratulations how long has it been since you quit the analogs?

Thanks. It's been just over a month. ECF has helped a bunch, knowing that there are so many others out there doing the same.

Have attempted to quit smoking many times during the past 3 decades. However, it feels right this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread