Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
So here's my idea, and a question on where I might fine one. Silver horn switch gutted for the ring around the button and the top of the button, sealed to the vmod button and top piece. I like a nice round button. I know madvapes sells horn style switches, but no silver ones. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Thanks bad daddy ill have to look into that... Of course I just noticed the curve probably wouldn't allow for it... Lol. I think that hardening modeling clay idea is the best, I'll just have to get a good color and/ or spray paint the pieces before attaching.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
So here's an update.... There is a mold able plastic I bought on Amazon that you heat up, mold and let cool, it gets hard. So, gonna mold the button and a ring around it. Than I put a silver enamel paint, and a black enamel paint. I'm gonna paint the button with the black, the ring with the silver( which according to reviews dries to a chrome like finish), let dry and epoxy on hot glue on. That's the button and I can't wait! :) my wire soldering iron and solder is coming on Monday, along with the burel wood case ( vapage had one of their mystery sales and I grabbed three orders of bottles, o rings, and a two pack of the 1.5 ohm attys for 37 dollars :) ) I'm so excited: it's almost there! I also have some tubing (1/16 id and 3/16 od, just like on the reos to redo the blind squonk mod...

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
ry4uga8a.jpg
buttons done, just waiting on my paints...

Edit: black paint came, so the actual button is drying. Dripping on my provari til the button dries. Hopefully silver comes tomorrow so by Saturday the complete "button" will be affixed and ready to post... And vape! It's not the prettiest job, could have been rounder and smoother but I think it's gonna look beautiful! And I have so much plastic and paint left I can always redo it later if the mood strikes me! Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread