Any Blu users around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Not for years. i had a blu and was supremely disappointed with it...i ended up smoking again with the blu. the cartos were advertised as " a pack of cigs" each. Reality was each cart was equal to about one cigatette. they are supposed to be better now but still owned by lorillard i think, big tobacco. An rda and a good mod, some usa made da/ap free juice and i never thought of blu again.

Andygev35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Covington, Georgia
For me, cigalikes (like the Blu) were only an introduction to vaping. They simply showed me whether or not it was satisfying enough for me to use as an alternative to smoking. Having discovered that they are, I quickly moved on to more sophisticated and more satisfying gear over the years.

Reactions: Jugband

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I used blus for a while, but would always end up back on the analogs. I tried Vuse too. I was always disappointed by the battery life and I seemed to be spending just as much buying those cartridges as I did smoking. :/

I upgraded to an ego, and had the same issues, leaking, messy to fill, and still a low battery life. But, I liked the flavor options, and I knew that vaping was something I could do for sure. Upgrading to an istick and a nautilus mini was the game changer for me. I usually get about a day or more from the battery and the tank isn't messy to fill, doesn't leak, or give me any problems.

I probably won't upgrade past this point, as I'm not really interested in going further with vaping. My goal is still to be off nicotine.

I'm not sure you'll find a ton of cig-a-like users around here, they don't seem to satisfy a lot of people. but for what it's worth, anything that works for you and keeps you off of the analogs is a good thing!

Reactions: Jugband

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I bought a Blu starter kit years ago. For me, it was a huge disappointment. The battery life was a joke, and those awful cartos! The very definition of inconsistent. At first I thought maybe it was just bad batches at the gas stations I was buying from, so I started ordering from Blu directly. Same problem, but horrible customer service. I moved on very quickly. There really is just soooo much better out there. MO, bypass the gas station and visit a vape shop. You'll be glad you did :)

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Do yourself a favor and check the financial status of Lorillard, then ask yourself, "Do I want to support a company whose main income is from a product that kills its consumers?"

Beside that, the near-non-existent battery capacity is a deal breaker for me. I want something that works all day.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Do yourself a favor and check the financial status of Lorillard, then ask yourself, "Do I want to support a company whose main income is from a product that kills its consumers?"

Beside that, the near-non-existent battery capacity is a deal breaker for me. I want something that works all day.

Actually, Reynolds-Lorillard (they merged in 2014) produces the Vuse e-cig, while rival Imperial produces Blu.
Just an FYI, but I agree about the question. :D

Reactions: Dougiestyle

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks everyone :) I'll perhaps try the istick nautilus mini combo

It's a solid combo, and if you run into any issues, there's a ton of info on the forums to help troubleshoot. Plus a lot of people around here either still use it or have used it in the past, so it's easy to get advice if you do run into problems.

keep us posted on how it goes and if you like it.

If you have a B&M near you, maybe see if they'll let you try one. I know my local B&M lets me try gear if I'm curious about it. (But I'm a jerk and I try it there and buy it online because I'm curious but also poor)

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I have a Blu Plus and I love it. I bought the whole kit with a PCC for around 45 bucks. The tobacco flavor is really good. One of the best I've tasted. The draw is nice and since it is only the size of a cigarette, it's easy to stealth vape. The carts work great, and are similar to the old 510 carts. They kind of remind me of when i used to get a really good batch of 510 carts that work really well. Even with the PCC it's only the size of half a cigarette pack. The battery will only last a couple hours, but the batteries only take about 30 minutes to charge. So as long as you have the PCC, you will never be without a fully charged battery.

The only downside is the price of the refill carts. In Nocal they are 15 bucks plus tax for a box of three carts. If I'm lucky, a box will only last me two days. And they cannot be refilled. At least not easily. Although I have read that some people will drill a hole in the side of that cart and refill it that way. But that's a big PITA if you ask me. Because of that I only use it during the day when I'm working. I can be in a server room working and nobody knows I'm vaping, so it's perfect for that. If they could get the cost of a box of refills down to around 5 bucks or so, it would be worth it to use it all day and night. They are that good.

Lastly, some of the PCC's eventually stop charging the batteries. But they will gladly send a replacement if it breaks.

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
Blu got me started vaping. Although I was back and forth between them and analogs for a year. I did not quit smoking completely until I moved to something larger. But I give them props for the introduction into vaping.

The Blu+ system is solid compared to the older models. Some of the flavors are really quite good. Batter life is good enough to last you if you have at least 2 batteries and the charging pack. I love the small size. Like someone above said, its tiny and you can stealth vape easily. Id say that if Blu works for someone, that is fine.

Now cost....... that is another issue. At $5 per tank Blu, should be ashamed. I moved to something larger because I needed more vapor production, and I could not justify paying 10x more for ejuice than I could get with a refillable tank system. But, that may be their business model. I suspect they just go after the beginner business, and gobble up as much money as they can during that window of time for a customer. We move on eventually.... but they just got a couple hundred dollars from us.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I vaped for a while using eGo models but could never find a decent tank that didn't leak, didn't end up tasting burnt, or wasn't faulty. I'm back to my Blu's and actually quite happy with them.

Any Blu users still out there?

Whatever works is what's important! I don't use Blu but I use Njoy Gold Tobacco simply because I love the flavor so much. Tried so many tobaccos but there's something about this one I cant shake. Not my only vape, but it's my way too expensive guilty pleasure.

USACelt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
Desert Southwest
I started vaping with blu worked to get off the stinkys and it did work just like I wanted, have upgraded to RTA and VV/VW.
But I will say I was on vacation and it turned out to be some time longer than expected(a good thing lol). So instead of looking for a good vape store to resupply ejuice and stuff,
I bought a disposable blu.In a couple hours I had a headache and was in a agitated state. The SO said just find a vape shop and get the stuff you need! NOW!
So I side tracked and looked about and found a shop bought some "factory e-juice"( I normally only DIY juice so this was kinda weird) re-rigged My equipment the
headache and weird agitated felling went away post haste.
with all that said. If blu works for you fine go ahead, they did after all get Me to where I needed to be. But I will not ever again.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If you want a cigarette styled e-cig check out the new eroll from joyetech, uses refillable cartridges looks just like a 100 style cigarette and vapes a hell of alot better than that gas station garbage.

Ex- blu user please don't go that route you'll end up hating it.

I have a Blu Plus and I love it. I bought the whole kit with a PCC for around 45 bucks. The tobacco flavor is really good. One of the best I've tasted. The draw is nice and since it is only the size of a cigarette, it's easy to stealth vape. The carts work great, and are similar to the old 510 carts. They kind of remind me of when i used to get a really good batch of 510 carts that work really well. Even with the PCC it's only the size of half a cigarette pack. The battery will only last a couple hours, but the batteries only take about 30 minutes to charge. So as long as you have the PCC, you will never be without a fully charged battery.

The only downside is the price of the refill carts. In Nocal they are 15 bucks plus tax for a box of three carts. If I'm lucky, a box will only last me two days. And they cannot be refilled. At least not easily. Although I have read that some people will drill a hole in the side of that cart and refill it that way. But that's a big PITA if you ask me. Because of that I only use it during the day when I'm working. I can be in a server room working and nobody knows I'm vaping, so it's perfect for that. If they could get the cost of a box of refills down to around 5 bucks or so, it would be worth it to use it all day and night. They are that good.

Lastly, some of the PCC's eventually stop charging the batteries. But they will gladly send a replacement if it breaks.

Glad to hear these not so negative comments. A cig-a-like got me started and honestly dont think if I had even my favorite set up I have now, would have gotten be off cigarettes. For me it was much more than the nicotine. Im glad it felt and looked so much like an actual cigarette. I was able to accept it so much better.

I could hold it the same, I could hang it off my lip while I fiddled with dumb stuff. Only thing that made me step up was the battery life. At that time it took much longer than 30 minutes and I found I was "jonzing" in between, even with 3 batteries to switch off.

I stepped up to a KGO and clearo, and it was good too.

I know cig-a-likes are not for everyone, but its more than good for many.

I have a great set up all boxed up for my best friend/ boyfriend; a Provari P3 stealth, cartos, carto tanks, choice of any of my rebuildables when and if he takes to vaping. He's old an grouchy and set in his ways. Fortunately I still enjoy the smell of actual burning tobacco and wont bother me while he adjusts.

Im was thinking of a Vuse or Blue to get him eased in because of the more instant gratification. Glad to hear about the e-roll. Might get an e-roll since you can res-use the cartridge a few times.

Thanks for this great thread... :)

PS anyone got a good link where I can get an authentic e-roll by joyetech ?

Is this the new one? and is this a reliable vendor http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-eRoll-PCC-Mega-without-Cable-3400mAh.html

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Glad to hear these not so negative comments. A cig-a-like got me started and honestly dont think if I had even my favorite set up I have now, would have gotten be off cigarettes. For me it was much more than the nicotine. Im glad it felt and looked so much like an actual cigarette. I was able to accept it so much better.

I could hold it the same, I could hang it off my lip while I fiddled with dumb stuff. Only thing that made me step up was the battery life. At that time it took much longer than 30 minutes and I found I was "jonzing" in between, even with 3 batteries to switch off.

I stepped up to a KGO and clearo, and it was good too.

I know cig-a-likes are not for everyone, but its more than good for many.

I have a great set up all boxed up for my best friend/ boyfriend; a Provari P3 stealth, cartos, carto tanks, choice of any of my rebuildables when and if he takes to vaping. He's old an grouchy and set in his ways. Fortunately I still enjoy the smell of actual burning tobacco and wont bother me while he adjusts.

Im was thinking of a Vuse or Blue to get him eased in because of the more instant gratification. Glad to hear about the e-roll. Might get an e-roll since you can res-use the cartridge a few times.

Thanks for this great thread... :)

PS anyone got a good link where I can get an authentic e-roll by joyetech ?

Is this the new one? and is this a reliable vendor http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-eRoll-PCC-Mega-without-Cable-3400mAh.html

If you want to be certain about authenticity why not buy direct?

This is the newer eroll-c it's about the same size as a 100 style cigarette.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/eroll-c/
http://www.joyetech.us/e-cigarette/eroll-series/eroll-c.html

Reactions: anavidfan

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I started with Blu too. I love their vanilla flavor. I am still very new to vaping so right now I am using a Halo Triton and using up the rest of my Blu until it is gone. I am disappointed to hear that Blu is backed by a tobacco company, glad I know that now. However, if it wasn't for Blu I would have picked up a pack of cigarettes after a 10 year hiatus. I will still recommend Blu to people looking to quit because of the similarity to a cigarette, and because of its widespread availability.

sqykly

Sep 16, 2015
I think i am probably on my last set of blu cartos right now. Been loving it for about a year since I started refilling the cartos with third party juice. But last week when I tried to buy a battery to replace one that was stripped at the contact, I found that the ultra-light batteries were discontinued! They sent me a complimentary blu plus kit, which I just tried out, only to discover that the new tanks could not be easily refilled and the batteries themselves are significantly bulkier. I'm struggling to keep the thing held in my lips while I type right now. Basically they have screwed up the only 2 features about their product that I liked. Not sure where to go next, since almost everyone refers to these new larger batteries as small and cigalike, and I find them too big, so I run the risk of buying something on a recommendation that's just as bad. The new tanks are really superior quality, but the cost is ridiculous if I can't refill them. I have seen the video where they drill a hole in the side, and that is not for me, too much work. Blah. Well, former-ish blu user solidarity, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread