Blu Bashing 101 – Course Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
I'm completely amused now, that a post, pointing out the rediculousness of Blu Bashing........... ends up with Blu bashing in many of the responses. Are people really that obtuse, or have I missed something? The OP made me laugh my behind off, the fact that people start bashing blew me away and I nearly choked on my blu vivid vanilla vape!

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
I'm completely amused now, that a post, pointing out the rediculousness of Blu Bashing........... ends up with Blu bashing in many of the responses. Are people really that obtuse, or have I missed something? The OP made me laugh my behind off, the fact that people start bashing blew me away and I nearly choked on my blu vivid vanilla vape!

Yes Ma'am, you have to laugh! I think it may have been pointed out on this thread, or maybe others.... people just decide not to read and then start posting..... I remember the first day I read this .... loved it. and had to put in my own two cents. (rushing to re-read my own posts) Thing is...... OP was perfectly on the ball!

edit: - wow just looked I am about to go over 7700 missed cancer sticks..... D-a---m---n

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
The Blu I had wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I needed to kick analogs. The same could be said of any of any of the mico sized pv's. The battery life just wasn't long enough to support a chain smoker like me swapping to e-cigs. I came in to the e-cig realm off a 2-2.5 PAD habit, so I was killing the Blu batts faster than they could charge. The poor lil things never stood a chance, lol They have a pretty strong e-cig forum on their site as well that is a very helpful group. I'll even recommend either them or their Volcano Magma counterpart to my friends who are more casual smokers. So it all depends on the smoker

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
First of all, let me say that I do not own a Blu, never have owned a Blu, and decided very early on that the puny batteries of e cigs that mimicked an analog in size were just not for me. After my initial purchase of 510's two and three piece, I started looking for big battery mods.

Also, I could care less whether you vape a Blu or smoke a ships rope big enough to hold a super tanker.

The anti-Blu bashers have stumbled on a clever ploy to justify their purchase decision: let's make fun of those who bash our purchase decision. It makes no difference if they are perhaps correct in denigrating our choice because it is a piece of garbage, has a poor track record with many users, and is overpriced. I am not saying the Blu is or is not a bad PV. I have never used one so I can render no factual opinion.

However, the Blu advocates have such fragile and delicate little egos that they need to lash out at those who would dare criticize their choice.

They could try the factual approach, but history might be against them. They could try invective, but that can get nasty. So the Blu's will show their intellectual superiority by using sarcasm.

But what if the Blu Bashers are right and the Blu Advocates wrong? Pity the poor Blu's: another wrong choice in life to add to the long chain of bad decisions and the hope of saving another 10 years of costly psychoanalysis dashed on the brutal rocks of cruel fact!

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
I own Blu, Volcano and a few of the more popular larger cartomizer models. I enjoy all of them, depending on mood, logistics and social situations. Blu did a good move by moving to the cartomizers, although I'm not sure I like them as much as the traditional larger cartomizers yet (still testing).

So, really depends on personal taste and budget. Note, in my experience, the minis get confused or mistaken for analogs more than the larger models, and the showier bejeweled models tend to be accepted in non-smoking situations more readily. I actually vaped away in the DMV one time without any problem on a CZ tipped model. :)

All the other issues with battery life and wear on the mini vs. larger have pros and cons I find really balance each other out, and the models I paid more for have lasted longer for wear.

Passion is good and should be directed at promoting the safer and healther alternative that is the e-cig :)

Morris

Jul 16, 2011
Hammondsport NY
First of all, let me say that I do not own a Blu, never have owned a Blu, and decided very early on that the puny batteries of e cigs that mimicked an analog in size were just not for me. After my initial purchase of 510's two and three piece, I started looking for big battery mods.

Also, I could care less whether you vape a Blu or smoke a ships rope big enough to hold a super tanker.

The anti-Blu bashers have stumbled on a clever ploy to justify their purchase decision: let's make fun of those who bash our purchase decision. It makes no difference if they are perhaps correct in denigrating our choice because it is a piece of garbage, has a poor track record with many users, and is overpriced. I am not saying the Blu is or is not a bad PV. I have never used one so I can render no factual opinion.

However, the Blu advocates have such fragile and delicate little egos that they need to lash out at those who would dare criticize their choice.

They could try the factual approach, but history might be against them. They could try invective, but that can get nasty. So the Blu's will show their intellectual superiority by using sarcasm.

But what if the Blu Bashers are right and the Blu Advocates wrong? Pity the poor Blu's: another wrong choice in life to add to the long chain of bad decisions and the hope of saving another 10 years of costly psychoanalysis dashed on the brutal rocks of cruel fact!

I think you have failed to realize that people who enjoy blu have been countlessly hounded to buy something different when they have asked questions in this forum. Questions such as, "How do you refill carts on blu?" Answer: "buy an ego, blu is a piece of crap." Has the question been answered? No. Did the person ask what's the best PV? NO. Useless posts such as that, are sprawled throughout the web. That is why this thread was started. Not to show intellectual superiority by using sarcasm, but to show how ridiculous some people are at bashing an e-cig that some people enjoy, or better yet, have successfully quit acoustic cigs because of. I have seen it more on blu e-cigs than ANY OTHER e-cig PV.

I started with a blu. I love my blu (the new cartomizers are AWESOME). I also have an inferno. I love my inferno. They are both DRASTICALLY different from each other. To compare and contrast would be like comparing and contrasting dogs to cats.

I promise to not bash your beloved vape machine, if you promise to not bash mine. ;)

It's been said many times here, who cares what you vape, as long as you vape your way!

(Edited to say: Please don't judge me on my lack of posts, like someone else was judged. I may be a n00b on these forums, buy I've done enough research to make informative posts.:blush:

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
Get 'em Morris.... yeah I know... I haven't posted enough to have an opinion either. Or at least I've been told that many many times. But I haven't had a paper cigarette for well over a year and Blu got me there and Ms T's juices kept me there. You are so right.... just vape. Please! It is so much cheaper even than roll-your-owns.

My 3 cents.

hot_dish

Sep 15, 2011
minnesota
Sometimes I think people are bashing Blu just because it is popular :)

some part of me also believes in this statement..

What I don't understand is when people are like "get this model or this model" and neither of them look like cigs.. they look more like devices that i would probably put something other than e-juice into.. lol... Also I think Blu must've made some big improvements... because it seems a lot of the negative comments about blu come from 1-2 years ago... which makes me think they have made changes for the best.. either way.. i have yet to have a problem with my blu nor have i even finished 1 carto yet(been bouncing between 2 flavors).. and i've been using my blu now for 5 days.. no analogues(use to be 1/2-1pack a day smoker).. and come tuesday one of my co-workers is gonna give me money to buy him a Blu because he absolutely loved it and like me... is sick of the constant hacking and feeling of sh** you get from analogues

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
<snip> Also I think Blu must've made some big improvements... because it seems a lot of the negative comments about blu come from 1-2 years ago... which makes me think they have made changes for the best..
It was in january of this year that Blu switched to the cartomizer.
It appears to me that thier attomizers were not that good.
I also believe thier batteries have been altered slightly, same mAh, but changed the thread.

<snip>i have yet to have a problem with my blu nor have i even finished 1 carto yet(been bouncing between 2 flavors).. and i've been using my blu now for 5 days.. no analogues(use to be 1/2-1pack a day smoker) <snip>
You were a light smoker, you seem to be even lighter vapor.
For me, I can easily use 2 Blu cartos a day. I refil mine, so its not so bad.

One of the biggest complaints about the Blu is battery life, thats one reason people use the bigger PVs.
Yea, I switch my batteries often, but I used to spend more time fumbleing with a lighter, so putting the bats in the PCC isn't a big deal to me.

hot_dish

Sep 15, 2011
minnesota
It was in january of this year that Blu switched to the cartomizer.
It appears to me that thier attomizers were not that good.
I also believe thier batteries have been altered slightly, same mAh, but changed the thread.

You were a light smoker, you seem to be even lighter vapor.
For me, I can easily use 2 Blu cartos a day. I refil mine, so its not so bad.

One of the biggest complaints about the Blu is battery life, thats one reason people use the bigger PVs.
Yea, I switch my batteries often, but I used to spend more time fumbleing with a lighter, so putting the bats in the PCC isn't a big deal to me.

I'll definitely put it to the test this weekend... 3 day/night music festival = lots of drinking = chainsmoking = 2+ packs a day... So I'll see how well it stands up when put to my personal extremes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread