Any coil suggestions for a narda clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
I'm new to building and thought I'd dip into the Ecf well of knowledge and learn.

I got a narda clone and couldn't for the life of me get any flavour out of it. Then I built a small 2mm ss 316 28 ga coil, 5 wraps and built it a bit lower than I was doing.

Suddenly its whistling like a banshee but tastes amazing. But amazing is relative given its my only rda lol.

Any other suggestions for coil builds that work on this rda?

Im also wicking it hard, and leaving the ends pretty short so they touch the bottom of the rda.

ADD702CB-5AF8-4B17-B8D6-7B3919217069.jpeg

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
For me and My Narda's, a 5 Wrap 3mm Coil made from 26ga 316/31L is my Sweet Spot.

And I like to put the Coil so that the Highest Point of the Coil is even with Highest Point of the Build Deck.

That build at 0.35 ~ 0.40 Ohms works Great on a Mech. Or, of course, a Regulated Squonker.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
24 or 26ga ss316, depending on your preference. I prefer 2.5 mm id, spaced coils. I like to raise the coil so the bottom 3rd of the coil is visible through the air holes

That's how I set my side airflow RDAs. So the airflow hits the coils at 4:30.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
May I ask how you wick that coil?
I use muji.... Just pull the wick through and cut it short enough that the tails barely touch the deck. Just make sure to use a little pick or something to keep it away from the air holes .

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, coil doesn't have to look fantastic to vape with it. Of course yeah, better constructed coils will come with practice. I personally would try lifting the coil up a bit if you can, as well as a lot ofo the other suggestions. But, I've vaped rather, uh, unpleasant looking coils and had a decent experience with them.

I started with a coil master kit and used most of the wire that came with it to practice building coils. A lot of them looked dreadful, and then using SS was its own learning curve, but getting up and vaping is the most important thing.

Good luck, I'm sure things will improve with practice, they did for me, and you are asking the "right" questions to get you where you need to go, so congrats :)

Anna

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
There are a few things that really changed the vaping game for me. Among them was the Coil Master coiling jig. I also have some Kuro Koiler clones.

Get one. On ebay. Watch a few youtube videos if you need to see how to use one. It will be a game-changer for you in terms of winding your coils. Not strictly necessary, but VERY helpful and easy to get a perfect coil every time.

Also, an old trick I learned working with an electrician as a kid - try to wrap your leads around the screws in a clockwise direction so the wire will tend to wrap itself around the screw (rather than squeezing out from under it) as you tighten.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
For me and My Narda's, a 5 Wrap 3mm Coil made from 26ga 316/31L is my Sweet Spot.

And I like to put the Coil so that the Highest Point of the Coil is even with Highest Point of the Build Deck.

That build at 0.35 ~ 0.40 Ohms works Great on a Mech. Or, of course, a Regulated Squonker.
I'd like to thank the Zoid for suggesting this RDA. I love my Narda's.I do find I get better flavor when I put the coils at a 90 degree angle with the air holes though. I line my coil up so that it is directly in front of the airflow.I have the SXK version and get no whistle.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'd like to thank the Zoid for suggesting this RDA. I love my Narda's.I do find I get better flavor when I put the coils at a 90 degree angle with the air holes though. I line my coil up so that it is directly in front of the airflow.I have the SXK version and get no whistle.

Hey No Problem Vinny.

Great to Hear you are Enjoying your Nardas.

:)

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Would you mind sharing a photo of the setup?

I rebuilt my Narda with a 2.5mm 316L 26g 0.5 ohm coil. Built it higher than usual and the taste is amazing...I use a long 510 driptip so am getting some condensation. Running at 420F, 22W tc mode.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Almost forgot. I do like to stuff more wick in and actually cut 2 extra pieces to be sure the well is full of cotton. I am careful not to cover the feed hole as I squonk mine. Since adding more cotton I have noticed less turbulence.

Really? So you stuff cotton in the deck where the wick doesn't go? That's very interesting...

Dustydtc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Texas
Really? So you stuff cotton in the deck where the wick doesn't go? That's very interesting...
I normally run my coil on diagonal to the air flow and cut my wicks long enough to go down where they come out of the coil and then kinda wrap them around below the air flow to the open void. Just have to be sure and stuff them where they aren’t blocking the air flow or squonk pin, and the extra cotton helps soak up any excess liquid that doesn’t suck back down the squonk tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread