Any Comments? This seems like an important article!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Well, school districts should be proactive and ban e-cigarette use, although putting the phrase 'electronic cigarette' in a school rule book is probably not the best idea since so few of them know what an e-cigarette is.

But on the college front -- ugh. Ohh no, someone was SMOKING an e-cigarette in a college classroom surrounded by adults.

Although to be fair to the professor, if the guy wasn't stealth vaping or at least trying to, it's a jerkish thing to do during an exam when others don't want to be distracted.

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
Well, school districts should be proactive and ban e-cigarette use, although putting the phrase 'electronic cigarette' in a school rule book is probably not the best idea since so few of them know what an e-cigarette is.

But on the college front -- ugh. Ohh no, someone was SMOKING an e-cigarette in a college classroom surrounded by adults.

Although to be fair to the professor, if the guy wasn't stealth vaping or at least trying to, it's a jerkish thing to do during an exam when others don't want to be distracted.

If he got caught stealth vaping he wasn't doing a good job at "stealth" now was he?!? :D

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
I try to keep my e-cigs hidden and put away in my pockets whenever I'm on cool grounds. It's a tobacco product after all.

Agreed, sorta. Unless I'm in a place I can blow out happy clouds (such as at home where I attempt to fill the living room with vapor) - I stealth vape by default. I've gotten good at it too... walking around the grocery store, sitting ~ 8 inches from strangers in all directions at the movies, in my little cube @ work...

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
When I was in college, we could smoke in the classroom. I loved it, my grades went up and I felt like I was being treated like an adult.
e-Cigs should not be banned anywhere. Remember, we're talking water vapor.

Lol!

When I was in college, one of my professors moved his class to the smoking lounge, because there were only a few of us in it, & we all smoked. It was the best class I ever took in college! :)

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Lol!

When I was in college, one of my professors moved his class to the smoking lounge, because there were only a few of us in it, & we all smoked. It was the best class I ever took in college! :)

I did this for help sessions in a chemistry course I taught at a small local college. Virtually everyone smoked and it was not considered an issue. It was considered ok because it was on my time and all the students were ok with it. But there was no smoking in the classroom. I do recall smoking in some of my college classes, along with many others in the class. Ironically the class that we smoked mostly in was psychology.

But as far as classroom vaping today is concerned, I would probably ban it in my classes. Regardless of our "freedoms" and "rights" and the "legality", its a classroom, and vaping, like talking, cell phones ringing, analog smoking, etc, would be a distraction. Its even worse during an exam. Not everyone knows all the details of vaping, and I would want people to be able to focus on the lecture/exam, not worrying about the vapor clouds that are drifting over. If you need nic that bad during a class, bring some lozenges, gum, or snus.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I did this for help sessions in a chemistry course I taught at a small local college. Virtually everyone smoked and it was not considered an issue. It was considered ok because it was on my time and all the students were ok with it. But there was no smoking in the classroom. I do recall smoking in some of my college classes, along with many others in the class. Ironically the class that we smoked mostly in was psychology.

But as far as classroom vaping today is concerned, I would probably ban it in my classes. Regardless of our "freedoms" and "rights" and the "legality", its a classroom, and vaping, like talking, cell phones ringing, analog smoking, etc, would be a distraction. Its even worse during an exam. Not everyone knows all the details of vaping, and I would want people to be able to focus on the lecture/exam, not worrying about the vapor clouds that are drifting over. If you need nic that bad during a class, bring some lozenges, gum, or snus.

The new dissolvable products are much less expensive than the Nicorette Lozenges. You can get 15 Stonewall Orbs for about $3.50. You have to pony up $50 to get 81 of the Nicorette minis. Same amount of nicotine in them.

Pandy

Mar 29, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Agreed, sorta. Unless I'm in a place I can blow out happy clouds (such as at home where I attempt to fill the living room with vapor) - I stealth vape by default. I've gotten good at it too... walking around the grocery store, sitting ~ 8 inches from strangers in all directions at the movies, in my little cube @ work...

Yeah, I do the same. But when it comes to school grounds I try to keep it tobacco free as requested. At least in Ohio, it's illegal to have tobacco products on school grounds at all (as far as I know.)

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Hiryu, when i saw your post and "electric hooka doodles" I had to tell you my son calls my e-cig...a little water ..... "hey mom, so glad your using your little water .... instead of smoking!" I'm going to tell him the new name for it is electric hooka doodle...i love it!

All together now, sing along if you know the words:

"I'm a hooka doodle dandy, a hooka doodle do or die."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread