Any noobs feel like they over do it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaijunyc

Jan 7, 2012
new york
No problems bro. That's a good amount of stuff from what you've described. Probably gonna need something bigger in the future since I'm sure your gonna be buying more stuff. This is an OLD picture of what I used to use to house all of my juice and cartos in:

2011-09-08231627.jpg

can you recommend a couple of cheap places for diy eliq bases and flavorings? im new too and im not happy with my eliq purchases so far. also guides and tips on mixing diy eliqs would be much appreciated. thanks!

Mac_206

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2011
Seattle
www.macavelihybrid.com
I got three kits within the first month not to mention attys and juice. Stuck with dripping my ego for over a year and recently picked up my first mod. Good thing I don't have more disposable income.
Lol I hear you! I always drip on my ego from time to time. I have like 5-6 kits I think so far with back up random batterys and stuff. Cant wait for the PrecisePlus from SuperT. So fresh. Oh and Grimmgreen is da man

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Well I started vaping 12/12/11 and pretty much have been ordering kits, juice and several misc stuff. I think I'm scared of the fda stuff so I feel i need to stock up. Im sure there are ppl that have spent way more but I've just been ordering like crazy. I only order what I feel are deals and from vendors I've done research on.

Anyway I just want to know if any of you fellow vapers have consistently been ordering or if I have an addiction/obsession to ordering all this dope stuff?!

You're definitely not alone. You're one of the crowd, believe me. Everyone I know who vapes -- and that includes at least a dozen I've converted -- has gone through this. It's even an in-joke among us at this point that new vapers go through distinct phases, and we tease each other about it. Like someone else mentioned, some people settle down into a satisfying kit after a while and they're done with the experimental phase. Others (like me) keep playing with it. The $200+ mod I ordered last September was going to be my end-all ultimate vape -- until I saw a nifty box mod I wanted to try...

Here's the thing: it's still cheaper than smoking. Sometimes when I place my $30-70 orders with two or three places every 2 months, I worry about how much I'm spending. My hobby-habit is easily $100/month. Then I step back, and think about how some of my friends who still smoke complain that they're spending that much on cigarettes per week these days, and I'm all smiles and clouds of vapor again.

And that's not even considering the "soft" costs I've avoided -- the bronchitis and prolonged sinus infections I don't get any more, the way when I get a cold, the cough goes away in a few days instead of a few weeks, and all the other health benefits to quitting that I have just enough smoker left in me to feel a little dirty reciting.

Besides, I think novelty and redundancy are really important for anyone who's trying to replace tobacco with vaping. I never even intended to quit -- I bought a kit for someone else, decided to try it out and break in the atties, and for a week or so kept thinking things like "Well, I kind of want a smoke, but I haven't tried the coffee flavor yet... yeah, coffee-flavored nicotine wins!" So every time the novelty of a new juice flavor wins out over an analog, and every time an atty dies but you just happen to have a spare on hand and don't need go to the corner store for a pack, those costs kind of justify themselves.

So don't stress out comparing what you spend to how much less you could be spending on vaping -- just remind yourself how much you're NOT spending on tobacco, and let the fun of vaping do its thing for you. You're still in what my friends and I call "the expansion phase", which means you're really starting to see vaping as a fun and satisfying habit in its own right, rather than just a thing you do instead of smoking. That's great. Let that happen. Encourage that to happen. That's the stage where you learn what you really like, and your perception shifts so that smoking becomes the inferior substitute for vaping, instead of the other way round.

I'm sitting here looking at maybe $1500 worth of vaping gear -- mods, batteries, 5ml sample bottles, weird atties and cartos, tank systems, passthroughs, and all, that I've collected over the last 2-years-come-April. It looks like a lot, a whole whopping frivolous indulgent lot, until I mentally rephrase that as "four months of cigarette money". I have a lot to show for four months of cigarette money, and none of it has to be thrown out to clean the ashtrays. :)

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
ROFL! This is exactly me. Within a month, I wanted more and wanted the best mod available so that I would never have to buy another and dropped a bundle on a Provari (and since I got a KGO). Also, I keep wanting to try new juices because every review on Youtube makes me want to try it (thanks, Dog&Clay). My big mistake is watching a review and then deciding to get 30 ml and finding out it's really not the juice for me. You'd think I'd only need to learn that lesson once...

Mac_206

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2011
Seattle
www.macavelihybrid.com
@Jaka: Well put my friend :) And thank you. I am finding that I like around 8 watts of power on cartos. I am not into the hot vape. 10 watts is solid too but I can't handle much more with 18mg. Thats another thing too I've now noticed that I need to lower my nic level. I started out with 36mg bc I figured hey I smoke newports so I shud have the strongest mg vapeable. Boy I was wrong lol Thnks for the reply bud

Mac_206

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2011
Seattle
www.macavelihybrid.com
ROFL! This is exactly me. Within a month, I wanted more and wanted the best mod available so that I would never have to buy another and dropped a bundle on a Provari (and since I got a KGO). Also, I keep wanting to try new juices because every review on Youtube makes me want to try it (thanks, Dog&Clay). My big mistake is watching a review and then deciding to get 30 ml and finding out it's really not the juice for me. You'd think I'd only need to learn that lesson once...
yup me too bud!! I always review and research pbsuardo grimmgreem phee303 basilray and others. Also I love the Provari Darwin reos and mostly the Preciseplus. Gg, buzz are all mods I would love to own :)

TedC716

Dec 29, 2011
buffalo
I feel much better about the money I've been dropping on vaping this past month or so. I am waiting on a Ego W VV kit from china now, just got joye 510 carts today and also have an order into madvapes for juice and mod parts. I ordered some chips from TI for the evercool mod and spent like 60 bucks at radio shack getting everything to build a few box mods. I plan on creating a VV evercool puck mod with or without juicer (not sure yet). lol. Learning how to wire 7 color leds and switched resistors, booster, resistors etc. is a whole new world to me. There are people making big bucks off of mods that we come up with. I wonder sometimes if it is fair for us to come up with the ideas and big business to steal em and mass produce. Oh well. Im still in the phase where i buy a pack of cigs every week or so, but now as i get better stuff and no clogged attys or crap "super mini" batts that last an hour... i feel like cigs are a thing of the past. So No you ain the only one ! ! 200 this month alone...

Mac_206

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2011
Seattle
www.macavelihybrid.com
Lol nicey! You should figure out that mod and see what you can do with it bud! If I had the money I would try to start my own ecig biz but the market is so flooded with good vendors it would be hard to beat. But yeah I dropped a couple bills this month so far. I don't think I'm stopping any time soon either. So many mods and juices and cartos to infinity and beyond lol

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
I mean, even when you figure it out. When something new comes along and it looks good. The urge will win every time LOL Yea the Rev 2 does great with cartos but, it gets mixed reviews on how well it works with atties though.

The battery life might be good for you or not depending on how heavy you vape. So, it could be good for travel or you can use it to run errands or when you go out. It's nice not to have something that you might not care that much about if it breaks.

Definitely take a look at the REO. It's the most reputable bottom feeder on this forum. You should definitely check out the REO sub-forum sometimes. There's a fair number of Washingtonians on there including the moderator.

Yea from what Ive heard thats exactly how it works best when you "figure it out" I got it like 2 weeks ago and haven't juiced it up. Only tested how it vaped on a boge 2ohm carto. Hit pretty good. I really wanted the v2.1 but I noticed it on vaporgalaxy on clearance and I used a coupon. The funny thing is noticed the 2.1 on another site like an hour later and was like ahhhhhhh haha. My battery on the v2 is the 550mah which was marked 650mah from the factory so ah well. No 1400mah unfort =) but i figured I could use it to travel. They are pretty much identical only difference is battery life. I will look into a Reo since you recommend them. I love the brushed metal and the colors they have are vibrant and have that Modern Arcitect look =)

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
@Jaka: Well put my friend :) And thank you. I am finding that I like around 8 watts of power on cartos. I am not into the hot vape. 10 watts is solid too but I can't handle much more with 18mg. Thats another thing too I've now noticed that I need to lower my nic level. I started out with 36mg bc I figured hey I smoke newports so I shud have the strongest mg vapeable. Boy I was wrong lol Thnks for the reply bud

Yeah, you're well on your way to knowing just what you like! *laugh*

It's funny -- although the nicotine from ecigs makes its way into your system differently and metabolizes differently, the brain wants that nicotine so badly that most people instinctively teach themselves how to get the most out of vaping in a week or two. (Long draws with my throat while I breathe out through my nose so the vapor is cycled through my sinuses is what seems optimal for me.) Once you get over that learning curve, yeah, it's time to ramp down the nicotine in your juice, because you're getting it into your system more effectively and wasting less. I went from American Spirits to 36 mg to 24 mg to regularly over-niccing myself on 18 mg juice in maybe three weeks. I'm down to 11 mg day and 6 mg evenings now, but even that kills my appetite and keeps me up at night lately; I've gone as low as 2mg (DIY-mixed) recently and not felt any deprivation at all, on a GGTS with a 5v battery and the UFS tank. So how you physically draw in/hold/exhale the vapor, as well as the system delivering it, affects how much nicotine you actually get out of your juice, whatever it's labeled.

You made the right mistake, though -- it's better to get too much nicotine vaping than too little! Too little causes your brain to associate vaping with being unsatisfied. Too much seems teach your brain that vaping is even better than smoking and help the nicotine addiction reattach to the new habit. I wouldn't advocate overdosing intentionally, even mildly, of course. Headaches and heartburn, no fun. But if you're going to err -- and basically, everyone is going to err at first -- better to get a little too much and need to tone it down.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I find I fall into the trap of, okay I'll use a good size chunk of this paycheck and get everything I need to stock up on, juice, cartos, batts...and only have to pay shipping once....I mean how can I justify paying shipping multiple times, it seems to best get it all out of the way, then I won't have to worry about buying hardware for a while and I can just save all the money that used to be marked for analogs. Then next paycheck comes....and...well...it's still all so new and exciting...and.....THEYRE NOT CIGARETTES!!!!!! GET OF MY CASE!!!!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
can you recommend a couple of cheap places for diy eliq bases and flavorings? im new too and im not happy with my eliq purchases so far. also guides and tips on mixing diy eliqs would be much appreciated. thanks!

I wish I could help out Kai but, I've never done DIY juice before in the whole time I vaped. You should take a look here and perhaps make a thread:

DIY E-Liquid

Teeto

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Boston, Ma
I started on December 1st and every one asks me "Are you even saving anything with that thing?!" I always respond, "Ya. My life. ::chuckle chuckle chuckle::" To be honest I haven't saved anything, but I haven't even puffed a cigarette. Since day 1 a just wasn't 100% satisfied with my vape experience but just enough to keep me away from analogs.

I started with an Ego-T type A atomizer. then switched to type-A LR attys. Then type-b LR. Enough to keep me away but needed something better. Boge 2.0's were next.. Then an epower kit since the battery life is incredible! And wanted a consistent voltage at 3.7. Then chibi tanks, XL ressurectors 1.7. Then Ego mega DCC's... Now I'm waiting for my 10 XL fluxomizers. This does.net count all the juices which I have at least 200ml and at least 60 of that I will never touch, cuz they just taste gross! Even though some people here like them. Every one is different.

Back to the topic. I haven't saved a dime. Probably spent just about the same almost 40 days in. But it's enough to keep me away from the bad stuff. I'm still searching for my all day vape juice with the best taste TH. Plus a hassle free carto, tank mod, ce2. I dunno yet! But I feel better and even began moving down from 26mg to 12mg. So its working! I'm happy that's weigh for me.

If you have the money to try other things than go ahead! Just be happy your not lighting up. As posters stated above, its a hobby, does not have to be a money saver unless you make it that. Kind of like collecting baseball cards or old coins off ebay. People spend the money to own things they enjoy. And I enjoy everything I see for pv's I want it all! :D

::Vape, Vape::

Sent from my Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

TedC716

Dec 29, 2011
buffalo
So yeah its like I still am searching for that ultimate pv setup. But at least Im starting to know what my preferences are... I like tank fill cartos.. pain to fill but way better than poly stuff burning... Cant vape super sweet all day... like a more mellow blend... I mean how do we figure this stuff out without droppin some change on it. People ask me why do you keep buyin stuff... I thought you were gonna quit smoking? I reply I'm not smoking ... I'm Vaping ! But they are like I thought the whole point of this was to do nothing.... they dont get it I guess. I really do think that when Vaping goes mainstream this is gonna explode. Marlb... Newp... all of em are gonna try and grab a piece not to mention the government. This is all still in its infancy imho. What do you think?

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Hmm.. I believe it's kinda overwhelming e 1st few days when u get ur PV. Then u put some research in n say, hey, this cartomizer should work btr for me rather than refilling cartridges on my atty. Then u look up cartos n saw some tanks n say, hey, i can vape all day w/o refilling. Suddenly, u realized tt yr 3ml tank is puny n say, hey, i'd btr get some mega tanks or smtg. N while u're at it, u might as well get some replacement cartos for ur tank. Maybe a 5-pack, n suddenly u realized u might need 10! N then u do sm reading n realized sm guys do dripping, then u're back at attys, n ordering some delrin tips, a few stainless steel drip tips maybe 1 or 2 ceramic tips. When all tt is done, u reliazed tt vaping is great n decided to get another PV, or two. I got my PV last week and 3 shipping requests, 2 mass orders and $400 poorer later, am stalking DHL and EMS. I promised myself not to order anymore but fellow forumers keep tempting me (but i love u guys!) n i hv only myself to blame. It's like an itch tt u can't stop scratching, a bubble wrap u can't resist popping and a juice u can't stop vaping.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I'm obsessed. I started vaping November 11, and my poor credit card is really getting a workout. I have only bought one PV, the Kgo, but have gotten tons of juices, trying to find the right ones. I finally found a handful of juices that I love, and the cartomizers that I love, but I have about 40 filled cartos that I do use. I know, way too many!

I should stop buying juices, and save up for a Provari! That's going to be my next PV.

What I love so far:

My Kgo
1.25 ohm XL Dual Coil Cartomizers
Vanilla Strait juice
DK-Tab juice
Dekang RY4 juice

That's out of maybe 50 juices I have tried!! There are a few I like a lot, but those are my absolute faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread