Any Tesla enthusiasts? Any Tesla haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beequeen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2009
Honolulu
www.flickr.com
I just now pulled the trigger on a solid black one from ivape, yay (I already have a black chrome Vamo 2)!! Or, should I say, damn you people for convincing me, ha ha!! I nearly bought a Smoktech SID the other night but decided that it was a wee bit too close to my sigelei Vmax, at least menu-wise. I'm excited!! I actually like the fact that there is more than one button for the menu.

Natey

Moved On
May 26, 2013
I just now pulled the trigger on a solid black one from ivape, yay (I already have a black chrome Vamo 2)!! Or, should I say, damn you people for convincing me, ha ha!! I nearly bought a Smoktech SID the other night but decided that it was a wee bit too close to my Sigelei Vmax, at least menu-wise. I'm excited!! I actually like the fact that there is more than one button for the menu.

Thats awesome, congrats for an outstanding purchase. I promise you wont be disappointed.... :thumbs: Welcome to the club....

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Really it was just nit picking. I love my tesla and the only time I've touched my twists is for the juice left in my evod which I can't use with the tesla. Paired with my protank (when working correctly) makes me a very happy vaper.

Hey Cavere why can't you use your EVOD with your Tesla? My EVOD's work fine on my Tesla. :)

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I just now pulled the trigger on a solid black one from ivape, yay (I already have a black chrome Vamo 2)!! Or, should I say, damn you people for convincing me, ha ha!! I nearly bought a Smoktech SID the other night but decided that it was a wee bit too close to my Sigelei Vmax, at least menu-wise. I'm excited!! I actually like the fact that there is more than one button for the menu.

Welcome to Tesla land!!! Lol!!! Come over and become a member of our group if haven't done so already.
I've really got to hand it to Natey, he's been spreading the word about the group and helping out new Tesla owners. Thanks again Natey!!! I've just been really busy with therapy and then I'm too tired to post or read. I promise I'll try to make more of an effort. :)

Last edited:

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
Hey Cavere why can't you use your EVOD with your Tesla? My EVOD's work fine on my Tesla. :)

Just that unscrewing I have to be very careful not to unscrew the tank from the head. Plus I like my protank more than my evod.

I just picked up an igo-L and with my tesla that is my go to setup. I'm loving it! But the tesla should look more like a lightsaber IMO.

Natey

Moved On
May 26, 2013
The teslas appearance is a bit too "lightsabery" for me.. haha

Everyone says that till they hold it in their hands, realize how light it is, grippy and so unique compared to all the other tube mods out there that are, smooth, shinny, slippery, looks like this one and that one.. lol Just saying, all in good fun :toast:... I love the Tesla, its my #1 Mod now, and sadly my Ego's, Twists, Vamo SS and a few more are just sitting around looking at me saying please play with me... hahahahah :vapor:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Just that unscrewing I have to be very careful not to unscrew the tank from the head. Plus I like my protank more than my evod.

I just picked up an igo-L and with my tesla that is my go to setup. I'm loving it! But the tesla should look more like a lightsaber IMO.

Ok yeah, the same thing happens with my EVOD's. I'm really careful when I take them off. I learned the hard way and got a lap full of juice. Lol!!!

You like the igo-L? I haven't tried one yet. I was gonna buy a Fluid Flask at the end of the month, but after thinking about it I'm gonna wait and buy a RSST and some wick and wire first. Next month I'll buy the fluid flask if the RSST doesn't work out. Lol!!! :)

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I've said it before and i'll say it again- the tesla looks like it was designed by a ten year old boy after seeing star wars for the first time.like drawing your idea for a cool fighter jet when you were bored in some class. it may work fine and function as nice mod, but it looks too juvenile for me. give me the clean lines of the telescoping sigelei zmax brushed stainless flat top look over just about any tube mod(yes, even over a provari- not a fan of dimples).....

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
The tesla was my first apv coming from ego twists. It's a great mod. I like the menu system and the buttons make things a breeze. I also like the click of the fire button. That said once I got my provari the tesla has seen very little use. I still like the teslas menu more. But for the price range it is in I would pick the tesla over the vamo and similar priced mods.

I like the looks of it btw.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Totally love the look of the Tesla.

I think its coolest, in black, with a green panasonic 18650. SEX.

I love PBusardos channel, I watch his videos all the time. I think he gave the Tesla the short stick. I think he got annoyed with the buttons and decided he hated the wholething. Because, the other shortcomings it has, are all the same things the VMAX./ZMAXs have, and he reviewed those just fine. I just think he got blinded on it.

And thats cool. I still like his channel.

...what this... rational disagreement in a cival manner?!?!?! On teh internoots?!?

djmoose3289

Verified Member
    So after a good 4-5 months of use, the Tesla looks terrible. The solid black is chipping...and the button is BEGINNING to fail. Every once in a while it will not fire. That just means it's a matter of time until it's a paper weight.

I'm not complaining, just letting you guys know. My GF uses it now. I got my monies worth out of it...however it really should be like $35.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    So after a good 4-5 months of use, the Tesla looks terrible. The solid black is chipping...and the button is BEGINNING to fail. Every once in a while it will not fire. That just means it's a matter of time until it's a paper weight.

I'm not complaining, just letting you guys know. My GF uses it now. I got my monies worth out of it...however it really should be like $35.

djmoose,

Not to surprising I have one that has a funky switch right out of the box. Yes I tried to return it but couldn't get the seller to respond to my request for an RMA. I am too old to chase after $60 Rupees and get myself all upset so it is just sitting in my closet. Also most of the Chinese stuff is more trouble than it is worth when it comes to returns and repairs. OK off my soapbox.

As far as the "Black" color "Chipping" that is strange because it is black anodized aluminum. Now I believe you can scratch it or ding it down to the metal aluminum color but there is nothing really to "Chip". That said aluminum is pretty soft material and if it is your outdoors, at work APV I don't doubt it shows finish wear. I even have some Chinese SS eating utensils that in places show signs or rust and one that the dishwasher detergent eat a big pit out of the edge of one of the spoons.

I guess you can tell I am very fond of Chinese quality. Anyway sorry to hear you only got four months of service out your Tesla. For what it is worth if you do a Google search on the Tesla switch you will have no problem finding several complaints about the switch going bad at a very young age. I was even told by one Vendor that was advertising he had the new improved model that didn't have the temperamental switch so I bought one from him and that is the one sitting in my closet.

Sorry for the rant but the words "Tesla" when used in conjunction with "Switch" pushed my "Go Ballistic" button. :blush:

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2010
    Big Pine Key
    I've had the button on my Tesla fail to fire every once in a while (had it for about 6 months now). I cured it by taking out the battery and spraying thoroughly both inside and out with electrical contact cleaner. Let dry for 24 hours and good as new... I think with the floating pin it allows small amounts of e-liquid to get on the contacts of the switch.

I still really like my Tesla, but I just received my Innokin VTR, and it's a beast... the Tesla will still see some use, but I think it's going to be my backup mod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread