Any Tesla enthusiasts? Any Tesla haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I've had the button on my Tesla fail to fire every once in a while (had it for about 6 months now). I cured it by taking out the battery and spraying thoroughly both inside and out with electrical contact cleaner. Let dry for 24 hours and good as new... I think with the floating pin it allows small amounts of e-liquid to get on the contacts of the switch.

I still really like my Tesla, but I just received my innokin VTR, and it's a beast... the Tesla will still see some use, but I think it's going to be my backup mod.

djtonyb,

Actually, now that I am not on my rant podium, The switch problem with my black Tesla was that it would multi-fire enough so that a few times it would actually shut down. It always seemed to fire just far too many time for what should have been a single press.

I do have a silver Tesla that has never given me a moments trouble (knock on wood). But if I was a betting man I would bet it was not made by the same Cottage Shop that made the black unit. The edge detail on the body of the silver unit is sharp, not enough to cut your hand, but it is a little uncomfortable. The black unit all the detail edges are as smooth as the backside of a butter knife.

You mentioned the floating center post possibly leaking e-Juice. That is something I have always been a little uncomfortable with and I clean the connector and make sure it is dry every time I refill my atty. If I have the "just fail to fire" problem I think I will try your fix with the contact cleaner albeit I would never have had the nerve if you hadn't done it and your unit still works and fixed the problem to boot. ;)

PS - I have been using the Silver Tesla for about four and a half months... just not much lately since I received my ProVari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread