Anybody else spending a ton of money? Dissatisfied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ward

Jul 14, 2010
us
www.facebook.com
I was in the same boat when I started - I got a lot of different messages about what to buy but never checked out myself what would be best for me: I ended up with 1 USB starter kit (45.00), one wallcharger double item kit (65.00), three bottles of different juices (45.00) and a silver bullet (180.00) - I had to purchase another mega battery, three new atty (no one told me that the sliver bullet would burn regular atty's) - I also had to pruchase 3 new high voltage attys...

So overall the starter expereince was not the greatest but calculate the amount of cigarettes you would use over the next three months AND than calculate how much it would cost you in juice and atty's... The savings will come just like with any major product, the initial purchase is the largest...

I feel you, but I try to look further than the initial cost....

blackwalk

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Panama City, FL
I lov emy 510 it was the first kit I bought and I still love it - I still USE it lol - Ive also added other stuff like a PT and a mod; any new thing upfront costs are going to be more.
You know you avoided getting suckered like so many people on this forum who spent over $150 for their first kit of ONE PV (Smokingeverywhere and the like) and carts which suck mightily. So youa re already ahead of the game - ask people here how many of them bought one bad PV after another until they did more research.

GOod luck!

My first ecig was an eHealth for $80. It came with 2 batts, 1 atty and 5 carts. The batt would last only an hour and take 3 to recharge, the carts went dry after 4-5 puffs. I don't know how long the atty would last because I stopped using it after 3 days.

Then bought an NJoy NCig from the local mall for $104. Same supplies as the eHealth, but the batts and carts lasted much longer. Overall, I was happy with it, but prices their prices were sky high. $20 for each batt, atty, or box of 5 carts. A few months ago, they started stocking eliquids at $20/10ml.

My biggest problem with the NCig was the hardware failure. It wasn't unusual for me to swap 2-3 batts a week and at least 2 attys each month. Although the local shop did this for free without any hassles, to keep from running to the mall each day, I ended up spending almost $200 on backups so I only had to go to the mall once a month and do a batch exchange.

I finally received my new eGo yesterday and although I'll keep the NCig as a backup, I don't think it will get much use from now on.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I keep hearing about different voltages, mods, and so many different models. I have a 510 and I am happy with it. Why do so many people change? I get enough vapor and throat hit to keep me satisfied and I was a heavy smoker for about 15 years.
Longer battery life is probably the main reason people move up to a mod.
But a more powerful battery also brings with it even more vapor.

I was happy with my 510 and didn't even consider a mod for three months.
But now that I have my 510 Chucks it would really suck to go back.
:)

Last edited:

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Oh goodness... If I added up how much money I have spent on vaping over the past year... Its will over $1500. But... I don't care. It's not that vaping has "Cost" me over a grand, It's that I have willingly spent that much money. Trying out new liquids, buying A LOT of kits for friends/family to try and get them to make the switch... Honestly I see it as money well spent.
Stick with it. Its worth it. Plus, Chicks dig it. ;) Okay maybe I'm making that up, but I can attest to the fact that not tasting like an ash tray has made my husband dig me more ;)

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
It's not about saving money, it's about saving your life.

That said, I have spent over $1700 on vaping supplies so far this year. That's more than I would of spent on burning butts. But I don't need anything until some time next year. And that alone doesn't stop me from wanting more stuff!

stalnakerz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Dawsonville, GA
Yes and no! I first bought blu and then the smoking everywhere cig.. That was about 120 bucks there. Then i got a 510 kit with some juice for about 60 bucks and the 510 worked for me. When i got my blu i still made it work. It wasn't what i wanted but i knew i didn't want to smoke anymore. So yes i wasted money but I'm glad i finally got the right kit! I can breathe and jog again, and that is worth so much more than the money. :)

FYI, Blu batteries will work with a 510 ATTY or Carto, just don't try to charge blu batteries with a 510 charger or vice versa (polarity is reversed). when I got my Riva, I put one of the attys' that came with it on the Blu and gave that to my wife. Now she has a 510 to use while I'm at work and gets the same vaping results, just much lower battery life.

Last edited:

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Your wallet is no substitute for homework.:D
Well spoken...if we could get this forum to take place of all those radio adds for the junk models at high prices, we'd all be over the learning curve without dropping a fortune to find our perfect vape. And I didnt buy the radio add, but I DID swoop in at the mall kiosk. rookie mistake:p

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
I just need to know that i'm not alone. I spent 75.00 on the E-cig kit, Another 50 dollars on getting carts and e-liquid. Now i find that i need to spend another 25 dollars for Attys? Good night! Am i really saving that much money on these things? Plus the aggravation of dripping and blowing and batteries and cleaning. I'm down to my last REAL cigarette and i can tell you that i wish someone had warned me that e-cigarettes are more hassle than they are worth. Plus just as expensive as cigarettes. I am getting so frustrated that i spent all this money on them only to find out that they are second rate at best. If you are a newbie and considering getting them....DON'T! I'm so mad about this whole thing...i wish i had never let myself get this kit!

Bad troll is bad...

SO what is ECFs response to troll threads usually? lol

Spills

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
New York
It does sound like a lack of research to me. I personally am fairly new to the ecig and made the mistake of taking one of those free trials(Yea I didnt know bout the homework or the forum at the time). However I came upon this during a general search did some light research and decided on a 510. Found a great deal on 2 of them for $35 and bought a bit of liquid also. Anyway not sure how anyone can say these are more expensive?? In the beginning to get me running I spent the same as a Carton of cigarettes. Then I spent another cartons worth of money on backups to make sure I never run into the oh noes what do I do now situation. Now its all upkeep which will come to roughly $40 a month if I push it. And this is for me and my GF by the way thats 2 of us. I smoked well over a pack a day for 16 yrs. If you need to have all the new things and this and that then sure you can spend and spend and spend. Right now I have 3 bats, some attys some carts and fluid. Throw in a charger and possibly a car charger and you are easily set. I spent well over $200 dollars a month on that bs that is tabacco. Im here to say its not about having the occasional cigerrette etc because I have ZERO temptation to do so. So for the new guys if you are researching and not sure, let me asure you this can and does work, if you are so easily turned perhaps you really just dont wanna. Hell I even enjoy the maintnence and honestly anyone who says its an inconvenience is lazy cause 99% takes mere minutes! Hell I even enjoy doing it lol.

mookieb

Jul 11, 2010
Mid-Michigan
In the 2 weeks since I've been vaping I've spent:
First "carpy" starter kit - $61.00
Joye 510 starter kit plus USB charger - $61.00
Emergency (need it NOW can't wait for shipping from China) Joye 510 starter kit - $45.00
4 atty's - $25.00
4 6ml e-juice samples - $25.00
5 3ml e-juice samples - $23.00
1 15 ml + 3 6 ml e-juice- $30.00
Pyramid Tea Bags, Efferdent & tweezers - $7.00

Total = $276.00, and I figure that's still just the beginning as I discover and become comfortable with this new way of life.

Has it been worth the 300+ analogs I've avoided so far and the countless number I won't smoke in the future?

Absolutely!!!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Everyone is different and alot depends on how many mistake purchases you make to get started. Then there is finding the juice that you like. The cost can really add up to start but is so worth it if it helps you to stop smoking cigarettes. What should the limit really be when it comes to bettering your health and possibly saving your life?

M0T080

Jul 20, 2010
Madison, WI
i have found that my upfront cost and steep learning curve cost me about 285 bucks the first month for start up (that's with buying 3 different model starter kits to find the one i like and the set up that works for me and two full sampler packs of juice, but i also choose to drip, so no money spent on carts and filler),

however my anticipated cost for the next 3 months is only about 100 bucks, if the equipment lasts as long as they say, so far so good, that'swith buying some juice and a battery or atty or two.

for a 4 month total is 385 bucks. smoking analogs for 4 months is 700 bucks give or take

in the end i prefer the e-cig 10 fold, even with the upfront cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread