• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone diagnosed Bipolar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
I was studying psych, and have switched my major to business because it's mainly all bullcrap. Don't let a diagnosis pull you down, it really is not true. Sure you may be happily manic with much energy one month, and completely depressed and sleepy the next month; but there are a lot of other factors that come into play that contribute to these so called "cycles". I just want people to understand that psychologists and psychiatrists are not gods and the study of brain chemestry is a very new science. Did you know that that the pharmicutical companies that make these drugs, and the "studies' done on them, have not even proved why most of them work? Just trust in yourself and know that everyone has demons nad barriers they need to overcome, and a diagnosis is pretty much meaningless. Also, the only true diagnosis, "in my book", are ones of dementia and all other diseases caused by old age, and skitzophrenia; which is caused by drug use in most cases. Good luck to everyone who has been "diagnosed", and I urge you to take control of your life in your own hands. These meds are no good. I know I may get a lot of bad feedback from posting this, but it's somthing that I feel strongly about, and it makes me sick knowing the damage medication does to your nuerotransmitters and the amount of people putting their lives in these psychiatrists hands. Perhaps try getting help from a holistic psyhologist once, it may lift your spirits. EDIT: Obviously some people need extra help, but the best help I have found, is through holistic psychologists, or spiritual based therapy. The tools they provide you with, help a lot. Through my studies of psychology and abnormal psychology I would have to diagnose myself with bipolar/ borderline personality disorder, on the border of neurosis and psychosis... lol. (Seriously hysteronic personality disorder? If you reallly like sexual attention and don't have much feeling's for the thoughts of others? It's called being a stuck up brat). But I chose not to fall into this dangerous game anymore and instead set goals, focus and try to live as healthy and balanced of a lifestyle as possible. Therapy does help when times get rough, eventhough I know all of the cognitive therapy excersizes they use, it somtimes just helps to talk it out with someone who you have no personal relationship with and to get their perspective on things.

Last edited:

EmmaJo

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Missouri
I read this thread "cover to cover" yesterday afternoon and I just want to say thank you all for sharing your experiences. My 18 year old daughter was diagnosed last January with major depressive disorder. She was admitted to the hospital at that time because of an unsuccessful, thank God a jillion times over, suicide attempt. The dr. told me they couldn't tell me one way or the other if she was bi-polar. Especially considering her age and that he had only seen her for a week and would never diagnose someone with that after seeing them for only a short period of time.

She has been on celexa and wellbutrin since that time and I can definitely tell when she goes through a period of not taking it. When I remind her to take it, she gets mad at me. Then she claims it doesn't help her. But I can sure tell the difference because she is "all over the place" when she doesn't take it. She sees a counselor and just loves her. Matter of fact we met with her this morning. I like her also.

I have read and researched mdd and bi-polar until my eyes bled but nothing has been as eyeopening as your shared comments. I do try very hard to understand her and I don't get very much support from my family or her dad's family as they think she is just spoiled, lazy and full of "you know what". She's a beautiful, intelligent person and I hope to goodness that she does "grow out" of some of it. I believe that everyone has some bi-polar in them but some have lots more of it than others.

Once again, thank you, especially to the OP for just putting it all out there.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
Blah blah blah blah blah MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
cow.jpeg

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
I just noticed that this was a sticky thread.
Crickets are overpopulating this area of ECF. I feel bad stomping on them.
BUT I HAVE A MICE PROBLEM AND I HATE THEM LITTLE BUGGERS. They cause so much destruction! And they make things so smelly! I hate them! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.
Ok, better get off ECF before I make more stupid posts since no one is talking.
So overwhelmed with all I have to do and yet nothing is getting done because of that. Drowwwwwnnniiinnnnnggggg...glurp glurp glurp.
Sorry. Sticky. Oops.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
flarg hang in there, it will be okay.
Ha.
Could you tell by all my random stupid erratic posts? :p
Just sometimes really wished I had a nice pool or lake to dive into and scream under water.
But all bodies of water here are frigid.
Once when I dove into a cold lake, it was maybe in April or something, so things were nearly all thawed out but of course the water temps were coooollllddd, anyway, I jumped in, and the cold water, like, made my spine freeze up, and I felt like I was suddenly painfully paralyzed. It was so freaky.

Bodhiknight

Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
My sister Michelle was bipolar and hung herself a month ago. F upd sht. scared the crap out of me.

Also I'm bipolar 2 and had failed suicide attempts but hers really shocked me. If I get too depressed I tell my family or my doctor. I dont want to see my mom have to deal with her loss anymore, but she does. I dont want her to lose another child either.

But with all the medication I still have suicidal thoughts but I dont act on them.

Good luck to everyone, life is short, enjoy it.

Sally91

Mar 13, 2017
New Jersey
Depression is a severe condition! I just don't know why people don't understand that! The worst thing in the world is to tell someone that it is not real and he's just a weak person. My best friend struggles with bipolar disorder, and I've seen her ups and downs. It is a condition that sucks the life out of you when there is nothing you can do. Alcohol can significantly worsen the state of the people with depression, and alcohol and pills mixture can be even lethal! VERY very important topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread