Anyone else have a hard time of getting rid of dead Batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
There is a battery recycle bin at my job, so you would think I would drop off a dead batt once in awhile when I go to start my shift. But I haven't for at least a year and a half! There were 20 dead batts in my 'vaping station' all neatly bundled in a thick rubberband. I just couldn't bring myself to take them in, maybe I was hoping they would 'come alive' like Frankenstein?
I finally did the deed yesterday morning, it was sad to see them go :(

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
plantlvr I can understand your experience. Anything I use on a daily basis I have some "love" for whether it was my car or phone or any other electronics. But with an ecig there is just something about it being part of your lifestyle that makes parting with it different. I still have the first batt I was handed when I started here. To me it signifies that day I made a change in my life. I'm you remembered something about each you parted with. You not alone :)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
"On next week's episode of Battery Hoarders, we'll take a look at the life of Plantlvr from California . . . "

:lol::lol::lol:

I PIF'd my first batteries - they weren't V4L. I've PIF'd a few batts in my time and have quite a hoard I should PIF now.
Whenever I throw away or PIF something that's been part of my life, I always thank the item/s for their service. That helps me.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I have one batt that died right after the warranty was up. It's an ash cap, so it has to be 10 or more months ago by now. I still have it. It's in a plastic sleeve with all my other batts. I don't know why I haven't gotten rid of it. But it is funny thinking about it now that you've brought it up.

MystStick

ECF Veteran
I can't believe all the mental pictures you all just put in my head. I am not even sure at this point that group therapy is going to be quick or easy...... might take a long time!!!!!!

I see plantlvr head diving into a recycle barrel, battery funerals and reincarnation into some other kind of plant, animal, mineral OR bed... LOL I suggest we pay for therapy in dead batteries.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
I have a special compartment in my supply box where the dead batteries go. A couple time, I have picked one up,
pressed the button, and the light came on. WHF? So, I'd put on a carto, and pffffft....nothing. And the light doesn't
go on again. It's happened several times to several batteries....so I'm afraid one will come back to life! Haven't
thrown one out yet!

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
No ..no attachment here except to my first ashcaps for awhile but they finally went to recycle land ...think they stayed in a drawer for awhile .Downsized now one and a half years later and nothing comes in or stays in this house that is not being used :) Im almost over the top about getting rid of things now lmao .

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
No ..no attachment here except to my first ashcaps for awhile but they finally went to recycle land ...think they stayed in a drawer for awhile .Downsized now one and a half years later and nothing comes in or stays in this house that is not being used :) Im almost over the top about getting rid of things now lmao .

wow.....I wish I was like that!! Maybe some day............

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I'm afraid one will come back to life!

Zombie batteries :lol::lol::lol: Right up there with my "Linda Blair" batteries; black diamonds with green LEDs which would suddenly come on, stay on for a while, blink a bit & go out again. Had two of them, at first they were funny, then they gave me the creeps.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
Oh Katz, I know what you mean! I would wake up in the middle of the night and see these strange lights going on and off! Zombie batts, just hope they can't move ( I watched a LOT of Twilight Zone and Outer Limits as a kid and read a LOT of SF}
Hey but it's still better than burning up in bed with a lit cig huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread