Anyone else here have an appreciation for modern firearms..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
My ears are tingling and then I saw the Garand talk goin on around here.

Garand is KING! buy them, a few of them while you still can! Join CMP get your 03. It is a PITA but well worth it. You're buying from the govt and you're not paying out the a** for some elses frankengarand. Either way get yourself a Garand!

By any chance you related to VP shotgun Joe? Hehehe

J/k. I've shot garands... but not my rifle of choice.. :)

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
So I'm looking to see if I can slightly merge my two main online forum interests; e-cigs and guns. If I'm cruising forums and I'm not here, chances are I'm over at the akfiles.

So, who else here is "into" boomsticks? They could be any style, but personally; I'm a Kalashniphile.
Here is mine minus the saiga.
my3agebe.jpg
yse2a3a3.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
Nice little collection. :) As for "tactical weapons", it's not about a "need or desire to launch an attack or defend any cause with deadly force", it's about what you like and have a right to own, (forget about "need", it's not The Bill of Needs ;) ).

E.g. I find this beautiful, on a few different levels:

sxbb.jpg

^ My "Khyber Pass" rifle; built from a Polish PMKMS kit on a Nodak Spud receiver with a Tula Russian side-folding stock. She's one of my absolute favorites.

Just like sports cars. You don't need em . but you sure do want em. still have speed limits.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

yeah i appreciate modern firearms. well from a distance. Unless i join the military or break a lot of laws or get a permit for hand guns.. wich just got harder after some guy gunned down a grocery store (dude was mentally ill but he got a permit ;x ).

Hope we never find ourselves in a situation where we need to fend for ourselves.. cause then only criminals would be armed. The right to bear arms has its downsides and upsides but when .... hits the fan the government wont be able to protect everyone all the time.

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
Garand is KING! Buy them, a few of them while you still can!
I adore the Garand. It's the rifle that saved the world in the 1940's. The supply is quickly drying up, and CMP is limiting quantities. I'd also suggest stocking up on extra op rods, as they're also getting scarce.

While we're on the subject of Sigs, I'm willing to bet I'm the only one here with one of these:

p210_bottom_800.jpg

Looking at picking up a Sig P229 in .40 for my carry weapon. I find the Sig platform to be very comfortable, and .40 is the easiest for me to control.
Have you looked into the 9mm loading? It has less recoil, and ammunition is cheaper. For a new shooter, those are two very important factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread