Anyone else here have an appreciation for modern firearms..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
My thing is though, i have a thing for the classics. Wheel guns and bolt actions are my cup of tea. I was actually looking at the S&W judge as my carry pistol.

In my experience revolvers are harder to conceal while carrying. Their design makes them thick, which makes it difficult to conceal the bulge in anything less than a heavy jacket.

For conceal carry I usually carry my Colt 1991 A1 Compact. .45 caliber, 7 rounds in the clip and one in the chamber. It's easy to conceal in most clothing. If I'm in shorts and a T-shirt I'll usually carry my .380.

smokin1337

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA.
plus.google.com
My edc alien gear hybrid and s&w m&p .40c...
abepuda5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
In my experience revolvers are harder to conceal while carrying. Their design makes them thick, which makes it difficult to conceal the bulge in anything less than a heavy jacket.

For conceal carry I usually carry my Colt 1991 A1 Compact. .45 caliber, 7 rounds in the clip and one in the chamber. It's easy to conceal in most clothing. If I'm in shorts and a T-shirt I'll usually carry my .380.

Thats why i like the s&w governor (sorry i must have mixed the names up. Shot both the taurus and the s&w) i like how compact it is although id prefer a revolver with an internal hammer if those exist. I generally try and avoid picking form over function but oh man, revolvers are cool.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Benelli SuperNova Tactical - drool!!!!

I was worried that the whole Benelli thing might just be a lot of brand hype... It's not. Even for a lower end model, this thing shoots like a dream. It outperforms any shotgun I've ever shot before which include ones with over double the price tag. On the downside, I pretty much committed my wallet to a Vinci or SuperVinci now.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Benelli got me again. I was looking at an extra barrel for the SuperNova for trap since it came with an 18". A entire new SuperNova is only a little more than a $100 more expensive than just the barrel alone. As if I needed an excuse to buy another one :D It might be tough to find one with a pistol grip & a 28" barrel though. It's not a deal breaker, but I really do like the ergonomics & handling with the pistol grip over traditional.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Not a firearm, but I got a 1965 Herter's Recurve in the mail today. 45# pull at 28", 59" overall. It's in pretty good shape for a 50 year old bow, but I'm going to refinish the riser at the very least. It's a massive piece of rosewood (East Indian, it appears) & it looks like there's some beautiful wood hiding under 3+ decades of whatever it collected hanging out in a barn loft.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
This is my baby girl. She's going to get a good cleaning tonight.:2cool:
View attachment 359616

I'm really bad about cleaning in between sessions. My EDC gets it somewhat frequently so the slide doesn't gum up with clothing lint or whatever, but other than that I clean them right when I get home & put them away until it's time to go back out again.

I didn't realize the 21 had such a Luger-esque grip on it. But I'm not a Glock-fan either. Shot a couple of them when friends had them along, but they just never felt right in my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread