Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
hmmm.....

I've always had a screwy sleep schedule but I wonder if this has anything to do with why the past couple of weeks I've been on a schedule of up for 25-30 hours, sleep 2 hours for a couple "days" in a row and then up for another 25 - 30 hours and then sleep 5 or 6 and then start over again. :?:

I think for me it's more just boredom though. Who knows.

Don't think I'd cut the nic down myself though since they say lower nic means less TH and I'm not always getting the TH I want even with 24mg. Means I'd just sit here vaping even more trying to get that TH with the lower nic.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
The Sleepy Time from Drew is great and my wife uses it every night to help her nod-off.

One of the active ingredients in Drew's Sleepy-time Lung is Melatonin. It's an over-the-counter "drug" that the body produces on its own to initiate the "fall asleep" process. Our doctor recommended it years ago for our child... so we've always had a bottle lying around. Now that I'm exclusively vaping, I will take one Melatonin before I go to bed and that "solves" the problem.. with no side effects or drowzy feeling in the morning.

If you do a little research I think you will find that the stuff is inexpensive, completely safe, and pretty dern effective.

$.02

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Sad to say, the sleepytime tea doesn't work for me. I admit, though, that I have chronic insomnia. Have been sleeping somewhat better since I quit analogs and started a vitamin d and fish oil regime, but, I still need meds at night to put me to sleep and keep me asleep. Sleepytime is relaxing, though, and it DOES appear to help some people. Can't hurt to try!!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
The Sleepy Time from Drew is great and my wife uses it every night to help her nod-off.

One of the active ingredients in Drew's Sleepy-time Lung is Melatonin. It's an over-the-counter "drug" that the body produces on its own to initiate the "fall asleep" process....

So even though I doubt I'd ever take it, since it's extremely rare for me to take anything even for pain or sickness, I still had to look it up just for the hell of it.

It does look like it could be a decent low cost solution.

The reason I'm posting though is because it gave me a bit of a laugh too.

A quote from webmd (because it's the first thing that came up on google) :

It may be that melatonin, when taken as a supplement, can stop or slow the spread of cancer, make the immune system stronger, or slow down the aging process. But these areas need more research.

And then went to look up the cost at a local drug store. and they don't mention any of that but they do mention:

There are now studies showing that melatonin may help regulate menstrual cycles, sexual dysfunction, and work as an anti-depressant.

Guess that's the difference between providing information and marketing :D

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I have no trouble falling asleep at night vaping all day long on 36mg TW, but, I do get those wickedly vivid freaky dreams every so often. More now than I ever did before. Actually, I don't even remember dreaming that much over the past decade or two, but I have had some pretty wild dreams since I started vaping in June. 8-o

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
I used to sleep 8 - 10 hours on analogs. Now I sleep 4 - 6 hours. Thought I was going nutz.
Same here. Asleep the minute my head hit the pillow. Not since vaping! I have to step down to 12 mg or lower at night if I want to get any sleep at all. I think I'll mix up some 0-4 mg just for night vaping, but still waiting for my flavors...

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
We were talking with an ADHD/ADD doctor who was the champion of the Melatonin. And I must say, we were pretty dern amazed with how well it worked in actual practice. We have quite a few friends who are in the music business.... and they are renown for their erratic sleep schedules and lack of restful sleep. Most of the ones that we know have made the transition to Melatonin from other.. well.. let's just say "more potent" remedies.

Why it is not issued to all parents when they take their newborn home is a mystery to me! ;-)

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
I used to sleep 8 - 10 hours on analogs. Now I sleep 4 - 6 hours. Thought I was going nutz.

Same here, I just seem to need less sleep since packing in the stinkies...and I feel better for it - I've also lost the dark patches under my eyes that always seemed to be there (no matter how much sleep I got!) :)

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I have no trouble falling asleep at night vaping all day long on 36mg TW, but, I do get those wickedly vivid freaky dreams every so often. More now than I ever did before. Actually, I don't even remember dreaming that much over the past decade or two, but I have had some pretty wild dreams since I started vaping in June. 8-o

Do you use Drew's Sleepy-time Lung at all? Because more vivid dreams is listed as a side effect of Melatonin.

We were talking with an ADHD/ADD doctor who was the champion of the Melatonin. And I must say, we were pretty dern amazed with how well it worked in actual practice. We have quite a few friends who are in the music business.... and they are renown for their erratic sleep schedules and lack of restful sleep. Most of the ones that we know have made the transition to Melatonin from other.. well.. let's just say "more potent" remedies.

Why it is not issued to all parents when they take their newborn home is a mystery to me! ;-)

I haven't touched that "remedy" in years but have considered it a few times the past few years (before vaping) as a sleep aid. Never did though, just dealt with it.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Do you use Drew's Sleepy-time Lung at all? Because more vivid dreams is listed as a side effect of Melatonin.

I haven't touched that "remedy" in years but have considered it a few times the past few years (before vaping) as a sleep aid. Never did though, just dealt with it.

Nope, just been vaping 36mg TW since I got my 510. I was an analog smoker for 32+ years before vaping. Plus, I'll even admit that none of these dreams involves sex. One dream was so good, I woke up at 3:30am rolled over and tried to get back into the dream. They seem to border on an alternate reality scifi movie of my life. The sub-conscience can be a wild place to visit. :lol:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have been vaping for about five months now and just a couple days ago started having problems falling asleep and have been tossing and turning and waking up throughout the night. I have vaped 24mg from day one and would sit and chain vape for ten minutes or so before bed and never had a problem before. I already buy from Drew but might have to try some of that tea if this continues. I am glad I found this thread.

flavapor

ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2009
    orlando fl
    Well after vaping zero nic from about 7 pm on, I can fall asleep at night. I go in to bed about 11 and I am out before O'Reilly is over, which is the normal before vape routine. The lack of throat hit had me going though, I wasnt getting satisfied, than I found a way to remedy that too. I take zero nic of whatever, usually tobacco or RY4, and add a few drops of my own personal mixture to a 10ml bottle (about 5 drops). The mixture is a zero nic tobacco 10ml with about 5 seeds from a fresh jalapeno pepper. I just put them in, waited an hour and have been using that mixture with my zero vaping stuff. Its not like a nic throat hit, but it does the trick for me. During the day I do a 12 or 18mg. Hope it helps anyone else with the problem. I agree it isnt the staying asleep, its the falling asleep that was the problem

nj1001

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 14, 2009
    Boston-ish
    I am so glad I found this thread. I wont sleep once or twice a week. This has been going on for a number of weeks. I tried to figure out the cause & thought it could have been something else. Well since its been happening for so long now I've been able to determine that vaping has to be the cause & reading this thread is very reassuring.... I'm not crazy!- yaaa!!! Definitely a hardcore vaper & will vape in bed before unsuccessfully trying to ... out. I do have a wee bottle of the sleepy time stuff, I used it once or twice & got pretty good results, but it did leave the flavor in my atty for too long. After reading this I am going to devote an atty just for bed-time/sleeping & that particular flavor lung juice. Thanks y'all, I really am psyched for being able to positively identify the cause (& btw, its 7:AM, got 3-4 hrs sleep last night (or I guess 2 nights ago now) & got another 10 hr work day ahead of me!)

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lakewood,California - u$a
    I vape 36-48 mg juice from the time I wake ,till I go to bed at night.
    I only sleep 4-5 hrs a day and work 12 - 16 hrs a day so I'm always tired at the end of the day,and I always fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.So, no different than when I was a smoker....However...The dreams...OMG the dreams! they are completely crazy and realistic,and vivid,and did I say...CRAZY? WOW!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread