Anyone have insomnia from vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
Wow, interesting old thread my wife found here this morning after I complained of tossing and turning the last few night. I'm almost a month in as an exclusive vaper with no analogs. Last night's sleep was really interrupted laced with vivid dreams for me. I actually smoked a cigarette in my dream too! I was vaping 18 mg BWB RY4 and Ejoker like a madman before bed cause I just got my first order of the two and love them both...lol. I know nic is a stimulant, but I used to be a heavy RED smoker for 25 years so I believe the prolonged insomnia can be attributed more to withdrawal. I went through serious withdrawal and insomnia from painkillers years ago after multiple surgeries and physical therapy as a result from a moto x accident. So maybe a lower nic vape at night can help but I would not go too low. The green tea vape with melatonin sounds interesting as well. Guess I will be experimenting over the next couple of weeks. It would be great to update this thread with more opinions from people who are still having problems with insomnia and why.....

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
So, it's 6 AM and I've been up all night. I find that when I get online and start reading about e-cigarettes, I get lost in what I call an internet stupor (more like ADHD Hyperfocus, actually). I am vaporizing like I would be chain-smoking and though I get very tired around 2am, there always seems like something that is SO important, I must read it before I can get into bed. And, like I said, it's now 6AM and I haven't slept at all. I'm sure part of it is the nicotine. Though, when I do get in bed, I've taken one pill of Trazodone for years that pretty much puts me to sleep within 15 mins.

Just wanted to say that you're not alone. I hope I will sort this out soon.

stadiumlove

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I also find that if I vape before bed I have trouble sleeping...I think it may also be because of the lack of the 'other alkaloids' in most eliquids (I never had a problem with smoking analogs before bed and insomnia). I think the other alkaloids help to mitigate the stimulating effects of nicotine on the central nervous system

mrm143

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
Hello all, sorry to revive an older thread.. I have been vaping for 3 years now, and in the last year noticed that almost every night before bed, I am VERY Restless, and cannot fall asleep.... I am going to try and use 0 nic before bed and see what happens, as the only thing I can think of is the nicotine... This has never happened before
It's like a feeling where you have to move and you cant stay still, when it happens, I have to take a benadryl, and i fall asleep...
BUT after 3 years still smoke free, I am still using my joyE 510 and am at 11mg....

Reactions: lboyerbp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread