Anyone have the Mad Vapes 510 smart PCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Would like to know about battery sizes and some being to small. I just bought my first joye 510 kit from Liberty Flights. I am new to all of this and want to know if these batteries well fit .... I too am looking for a PCC for my new 510.... I found this kit...... is this the same PCC as the one from madvapes.... Joye 510 with PCC

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
Would like to know about battery sizes and some being to small. I just bought my first joye 510 kit from Liberty Flights. I am new to all of this and want to know if these batteries well fit .... I too am looking for a PCC for my new 510.... I found this kit...... is this the same PCC as the one from madvapes.... Joye 510 with PCC

It looks like the regular metal charger. I have one just like it and all of the regular length batteries I have fit in it. Megas will not though.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
My Next question for those that have the case.......: The battery charges only when you close the lid ( Am I right on this ) but what do you do when the battery is charged. Do you put something in between the battery and pcc so it will not over charge or does the Smart PCC charger shut off if the battery is full?
"smart" means it stops charging when the battery is full

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
Yep, it shuts off when the battery is full. Pretty cool really.

I heard back from Mad Vapes yesterday and they advised me to stick a little folded up piece of paper in the lid of the PCC to help the shorter batteries make contact. Tried it and it works. They said that they used little pieces of felt like you put on cabinet doors as a more permanent solution. I'm going to have to grab some next time I go by a hardware store.

Rhody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2010
Rhode Island
I've got the same 510 PCC from Madvapes.......I found that if you put the rubber cap (condom) from a cartomizer on the end of a short battery ( make sure it sticks up about 3/8 in
from TOP of the battery near the cover) close the lid, and if the rubber cap is up high enough, it charges the batteries just fine.

Last edited:

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I don't have a PCC currently and use my eGos mostly when I am on the go.

But this mad vapes one looks just like the Blu PCC (which was the only thing I liked about my blu)
Except this will not hold an assembled 510, just batts and attys (cartos).

Just wondered if anyone had it yet and if it performs well. And if Manual batts "really" work in it.

I might give it a try and dust off some of my 510 batts again.

https://www.madvapes.com/510-SMART-PCC-_p_2728.html

All the other PCCs from different places all look like the same model to me and I don't like the looks.
If no one chimes in I might be the product tester for this :)

Thanks.

I saw a review for this kit somewhere. Now what was the name of that site.... ;)

Tha Funk Doctor Spock

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Grimeycuse, NY
I just ordered the Mad Vapes 510 Smart PCC, I will add to the reviews on this thread once I get it and mess around with it for a bit. Really excited on getting it so I don't have a coat pocket of 510's and accessories banging around. It'll be nice to have everything together. I'll let you guys and gals know ASAP.

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
I was looking at this PCC as a possible option, but then I found this: MAGMA ecig carrying case charger

It doesn't hold much, just one full 510 e-cig(one battery, one cart, one atty, all separated), but I like it. It reminds me of the old clamshell style cigarette cases. It's smaller than a cigarette pack, and it's nice and convenient. I wasn't too worried about carrying carts as I drip exclusively now. I also always carry a 510 in my pocket. It's a nice little portable charger that I think looks cool as hell. It's a smart one, too. It shuts off when it's done charging. It works with manual batteries, but you have to have the button on a weird angle, or else when you close it, it will activate your battery. I've also noticed that it has a velvety plastic insert(plastic on one side, velvet finish on the other) that can be removed, which helps. It doesn't look as nice without the black velvet insert thing, but who cares? this isn't a beauty contest, I just want to be able to charge my 510 when I'm not at home or near a power source, and this does the job.

EDIT: I have no mega batteries to test, but I don't think they'll fit. Also, a review on the site says they won't fit.

Last edited:

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
I just ordered the Mad Vapes 510 Smart PCC, I will add to the reviews on this thread once I get it and mess around with it for a bit. Really excited on getting it so I don't have a coat pocket of 510's and accessories banging around. It'll be nice to have everything together. I'll let you guys and gals know ASAP.

Thanks funk!!!!

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I bought one and it works great but I don't use the carts anymore - I went to atomizers - have one for sale but noone seems to want to buy it - it's like 3 weeks old - 1 of the weeks has been trying to sell it. I wish I would have figured out cartomizers before I bought this:) But it does work great.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I just got my pcc from Vaper bomb today and some Juice. I had to put a condom on my Battery to get it to charge, Ill let you all know what i think after a couple days 3 weeks of vaping and analog free almost even with this being one of the hardest weeks of my life!!!!

Vaporbomb?

or do you mean madvapes?

yes I mean mad vapes got both orders on sameday, usued it all day mad it very easy to vap on the go evan with 3 toddlers intow!!! think it was worth the Money and I did not have to dig in my big bag for my supplys it charged battery 4 times did not miss my analogs at all. It will be great while on my cruise no running to cabin and evan better while on the beach.

Tha Funk Doctor Spock

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Grimeycuse, NY
Ok, so I just got my MadVapes PCC today, at first I had to write them a letter because I was unsure if the battery was charging,because with the Blu PCC it lights up for a second when screwed in and the side LED stays lit. When you screw it in a normal charger the tip blinks and the light on the charger lets you know what the status is. Now I wish I payed more attention to this thread because I came across the PDF instructions and now understand how it works! DUH! My Fault.

Anyways heres a short review because I've had it for a day now, I'll have a more detailed one as I play with it more. First of all I love it holds my manuals,a charging one and a spare. Plus I have one of those single E-Cig holders with the belt clip from Cignot so I can have 3 E-Cigs on me when I go out. So far I love it, Its the same size as the Blu PCC and feels just like it with that rubber like coating. As said the art is nothing to be desired but honestly who cares? Its for holding your stuff,not to win a beauty contest. Its nice to be able to carry all my gear for a night out in a nice convenient case instead of having a pocket full of loose E-cigs,atomizers,carts,juices,etc.The LED battery gauge on the front is wonderful so you know how much power you have to work with and when a recharge is needed. It actually arrived to me 3/4's charged.

I have no experience with the Joye 510 PCC but I wasn't feeling it, looked big,people said it was heavy and sharp and it only held 1 charging space and 3 spots for accessories, I like how I can charge,have one on deck, and 6 spots for atomizers/carts and whatever else. So far totally loving it! All I need now is to find someone who carries a micro dropper bottle that would fit in there just in case. So basically with this PCC I'm all set for a party/bar night out. Enough power and enough backup accessories and possibly not only enough to get me through a party night but also for the morning, but I'll have to test this theory out. So far, initial rating is 2 thumbs up! I'll end up rereviewing it after a week or so with it,add my pro's and con's and also test out my all night party/next morning theory.

PS anyone have any idea where to get a tiny little dropper bottle the size of the holes? I ordered the Mad Vapes 3ml bottles in hope that they would fit but still to big! So if anyone has any info let The Funk Doc know! and any other questions on the PCC feel free to ask. I'll try my best to answer as best as I can.

Funk Doctor Spock Signing out!

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Hey Funk thanks so much for the review...... I have been wanting to get one of these for a while now and have been waiting for a review like yours. Keep us posted on pros, cons, AND if you find a way to carry juice inside your PCC. I have been trying to find out how to carry juice in a PCC and found lots of people wonder the same.
here is a thread of people on this board..http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/48019-dropper-bottle-vial-510-titan-electronic-cigarette-pcc-charging-cases.html

Found these off of google: Micro Dropper Bottle - 3 ml (3 pack) - Ultralight Designs

and Backpacking Light MicroDrop Dropper Bottle (3-Pack) @ Backpacking Light
or
Backpacking Light MicroDrop PLUS Dropper Bottle (3-Pack) @ Backpacking Light

These guys on a different board are doing the same and had some good ideas: Revolvercig.com - The Forum • View topic - Looking for very small dropper bottle

Keep us posted.... I f I find something that some posted that works I will let you know!!!

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
the problem with the idea of carrying juice in this case is that the container can't be bigger than a cartridge. Think about it guys, that isn't a very big bottle, and no 3ml bottle will work because to be skinny enough it would be too tall. The only thing I can think of that would work would be a glass perfume/cologne sampler bottle. Stop by the cosmetics counter next time you're at a department store, get a couple, wash them out and see how much they hold. I am guessing no more than 2ml max. It'd be enough for a night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread