Anyone Heard of / Used One-On-One Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
I stumbled on these folks last week and I sorta figured I was looking at a rebottle relabel store. And since they are so close to FW that added to those thoughts. Anyways I did a small 5 bottle order and all I can say is WOW cheap ship, fast, and all 5 flavors are great. It was Vanilla Butternut, Vanilla Frosting, Yellow Cake, Sundae Topping, & Glazed Doughnut. All worked just fine in clearomizers at what I call average for my test mixes 6 drops per 3ml and some are actually a tad strong at that in a dripper. The best of the lot to me is the Vanilla Butternut that stuff is awesome in my old dripper. And I use 80% VG and up all depends on how much PG flavoring. I mixed these at 15/85. Their yellow cake is so good it needs no frosting. Some steep will change that I am sure they are only hours old.

You can bet I will be reordering at this shop. How I missed this place after almost 2 years of DIY I will never know. I been working on an awesome choco cake recipe and was googling looking for cake flavoring and stumbled on em. Very cool OOO thanks for some awesome flavors. Anyways had to give em a shout out here even tho the yellow cake isn't what I wanted for my choco recipe it will add to it tho.

And I hated the bottles I use the same bottles for all flavors with drops at 30 per ml I am a small batch mixer so I use drops not ml measure for flavor. LDPE with standard dripper.

peace out

Last edited:
Got my order in today....super excited! This will be the first time ever mixing up anything.....by the looks of this thread I chose a good company to order flavors from for my first time. :)
This is what I ordered:
1x Creamy Caramel Candy
1x Banana
1x Cream
1x Bavarian Cream
1x Vanilla Custard
1x Coconut
1x Pineapple
1x Menthol
1x Ethyl Maltol
1x Sweetarts
1x Strawberry Cotton Candy

Now I just gotta wait for my Nic base and PG/VG from WizardLabs to arrive Thursday. Will definitely keep in touch with this thread! Wish me luck!! Lol!

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Now I just gotta wait for my Nic base and PG/VG from WizardLabs to arrive Thursday. Will definitely keep in touch with this thread! Wish me luck!! Lol!
Good luck and it is rather ez. I always start with a small batch 3ml then it isn't such a mess if I screw up. And here for my taste with all I tested 6 to start I generally start with 6 drops in all flavors but lots take more and even a few take less. All ended up 8 drops per 3ml for my taste. But I didn't use their bottles I used the same drippers I use on all flavors to stay with same size drops. I seldom ever mix a big enough batch of anything to measure by anything but drops. And the droppers I use are 30 drops per ml. Everybody has his/her way ya know.

All but 1 (vanilla butternut) was just for blending purpose the Glazed Donut I used AP and made a fair donut easy on the AP. Cake so far just tried it alone. Vanilla Frosting is a pretty good frosting. Sundae Topping I haven't blended but it tested pretty good in a dripper it is a banana with whipped cream and other minor notes. That vanilla butternut is really good at 8 drops per 3ml as a final mix in a mini pro. I gotta get a bigger bottle of that and the frosting sometime the rest I see nothing really exciting about. If a flavor takes over 10 drops per 3 ml I just use it in recipes thins my juice too much but that is just me.. but have fun that is what it is about, and also I buy nic at wizards sometimes. Was going to last night but out of stock so used another that I use a lot with almost exact prices and also in Orlando.

Have fun :)

NiburianElf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I may have to revist the Crunch Berry. I made some a while back and I wasn't impressed. It smelled like MBV's Razzleberry Pie to me. 'Course, I mixed it @ 5% with 3% Malted Milk and 1% Marshmallow plus 1 drop sweetener per 5ml. Those percentages worked really well with the plain Cap'n Crunch, which I tried first, so I just assumed (silly me!) that that percentage would be "universal". Now I know better!

Thanks for the tip Tactical, I'll give 'er another go! And oh yea...that Rainbow Sherbet? I'm still looking for the rainbow...all I got out of it was a creamy lemony something or another. Not bad, necessarily, just not good, or rather, not good enough to write home about. Of the 4 flavors that I purchased from OoO the Cap'n gets the highest marks.

I believe it tastes identical because it is actually the identical flavor from whatever source provides it for both the cereal and the their company.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
So flavor wise and cost wise, who has the better deal. Flavor west or One on One. Flavor West seem great even at 30% flavoring to get the achieved flavors. Or are FW's that watered down (just a old bartender term don't mean they use water).

I've only tried a limited selection direct from FlavorWest, though the ones I have tried didn't appear to be watered down or weak in flavor (used to bartend myself). Likewise, the ones I have tried (over 100) from OOO are the same. The strength varies. Some are indeed weak and you'll need to use more, while others are stronger and you'll use less. I've never used more than 15% from either, so I can't really comment on usage above that level.

The majority of the flavors from OOO fall into the 10-15% range with a small selection falling under. The majority of their cereal flavors benefit from lower percentages as they are quite strong. Other flavors, ones that are more common, IMO, are best in the 10-15% range.

Deal wise, the way OOO is processing orders now is new to me. I never heard about them moving to a more limited stock and request-to-order process, so the best overall deal would depend on what the costs will be to bring the flavor in and how quickly you need it as shipping will most likely play a role in the process (not 100% sure, Mike has been busier as of late so our communication has been limited).

Thanks Jonathan, I am just looking for value overall. Which cheaper does not always mean as I'm sure you know as a budding entrepreneur. Which by the way best of luck with that, I wish you much success. But say FW's captain crunch tastes as good and is as strong as One on One's the FW is the way to go because 4 oz costs what 30 ml costs from One on One

I placed an order with OOO this morning for the cereal sampler. I can't wait to try them. I will order some flavors from Flavor West later in the week. Unfortunately the only flavors I can compare are apple jacks and captain crunch. I'm kind of hoping that FW wins out because of price point, but hoping those cereal flavors are as good as everyone is saying. I will be in heaven.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Thanks Jonathan, I am just looking for value overall. Which cheaper does not always mean as I'm sure you know as a budding entrepreneur. Which by the way best of luck with that, I wish you much success. But say FW's captain crunch tastes as good and is as strong as One on One's the FW is the way to go because 4 oz costs what 30 ml costs from One on One

No problem and thank you! :)

I placed an order with OOO this morning for the cereal sampler. I can't wait to try them. I will order some flavors from Flavor West later in the week. Unfortunately the only flavors I can compare are apple jacks and captain crunch. I'm kind of hoping that FW wins out because of price point, but hoping those cereal flavors are as good as everyone is saying. I will be in heaven.

Captain Crunch is pretty good as is the Crunch Berries flavor. I enjoy them both on occasion and they're pretty darn close; as close as you can get in vape form :). From my own personal usage, both of them fall into the 8-12% range. Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA, Fruit Loops and Cocoa COPYRIGHTDMCA could go with less with the first two being the strongest. The Cocoa COPYRIGHTDMCA, I'm 99% confident, uses the Double Dutch Chocolate flavoring to get the cocoa part. There's only subtle differences between the two flavorings.

Apple Jacks, I'm not a huge fan of as it comes off more apple cider like. It's not a complete miss as I enjoy apple cider too, but it wasn't what I was expecting when I tried it. It could probably benefit from Acetyl Pyrazine in small quantities; say 1-2 drops per 5-10ml of finished e-liquid and then a good steep to allow it to spread through the e-liquid. That may give it the semi-nutty taste, though it doesn't quite get it to the grain taste that you get when you eat a bowl of apple jacks (I'm still a kid at heart - almost 30 and I still enjoy all the cereals I did as a kid!).

As far as OOO .vs. FlavorWest, in my opinion, they do get flavoring from FlavorWest despite Mike stating they do not. If they truly do not, they use the same raw ingredients supplier because there's simply too many flavors that taste like their FlavorWest counterpart and FlavorWest is the only manufacturer that has some of those flavors and uses the same names.

Value wise, if you're looking to buy the same from each, FlavorWest is probably the better overall value. I don't know what their shipping rates are, but I'd imagine they can't much too different.

The only differences I have heard about is with Rice Krispies. This is based on DIY groups on Facebook. Some state that FW's Rice Krispies is stronger, others state that OOO's is; I think it's just a matter of personal taste as I can't see either manufacturer diluting them further than they already are; at least I hope not :).

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Still have not gotten a reply about the male pecan flavoring......

Brought to you by Tapatalk

Last I spoke with Mike (about a week ago), he said they were pretty slammed. Unfortunately, I don't have any more information than that right now. He and I used to communicate on a daily basis, though now it's pretty sporadic. Hopefully that means they're doing well :).

Well I just placed my order with FW, again many thanks to Jonathan for his many posts. I am bummed that FW does not have the cereal flavors that OOO has but if they are as awesome as I hope I'll just have to get more from them or try and figure out the recipe.

No problem. I do my best to give honest feedback and help as much as possible. I was new to DIY at one time and I needed help too, so if I've tried it, I'll let you know what I think about it. Taste is always a subjective thing, but if a flavor just seems off to me, it normally is for others too based on feedback.

I tend to stay away from licorice, absinthe and anise based flavors, so I can't help anyone there (I can't stand the stuff), but for the majority of other flavors, I'll at least mix and vape it once :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread