Apologies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
I tend to shy away from threads that turn this way because i tend to have no tact in these situations. jango1 you are just a turd. There is no other way to describe it. Please give me the name of your company and phone number. I will purchase a product or service from you but only after getting you to break every stated policy you have.

I owned and operated a chain of Employment Agencies in California and Louisiana. I have heard every excuse and sob story about why i should have changed my policies and rules. You should know better Jango1 unless of course your not really a business owner. And then to post your dispute on the message board is just, just just....argh....i feel like im correcting my 2 year old.

Im not shy about complaining when complaining is warranted. Ask anyone that is following the JB thread. I have been vocal to say the least. But you have no complaint here...you even used the child card. Lame !!!

I personally hope Geoff honors your order if you paid for it and then blocks you from any future orders. I cant think of a more fitting punishment than not being able to order the best juice on the planet.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Hey Janjo1

I have tons of unflavored solution (48 mg) from another vendor, I would be happy to send you some. Just send me a pm and I will send you about 20 ml. Problem solved-science at its best:)

And this is what sets TastyVapor apart from other vendors. We're not just customers. We're family. :thumb:

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
And you also dropped Kimmy's name. Ouch ! I forgot about that one. I don't believe anyone will be saying anything to you in confidence again. Actually, im not sure anyone will be saying anything to you again. Fitting .

Thanks Jebey, seeing my name in that ridiculous post really made me mad and turning something positive I said into something negative is just dumb and disrespectful in every way possible. Sarcasm is not a negative aspect in a person. I like that Geoff says it how it is. He doesn't sugar coat things. Since when is genuine honesty a bad trait?

Something frequently said at my job "don't mess with the person who brings out/prepares your food." In this case, "don't mess with the guy who prepares your juices" That's how I look at it. hahaha =)

Last edited:

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
I think Geoff's policy of not providing samples is not unreasonable. His prices are low enough where if someone ordered a juice they didn't like they could give it to a friend or at worst toss it. $15 for 1 oz of juice is a steal. I am an IT consultant and sometimes saying no in a nice, pleasant way isn't enough. Some people just do not like to be denied something they want. Geoff, you never will be able to please anyone. You have a policy that is in the best interest of all your customers given the resources at your disposal. If someone doesn't like it, they can order from someone else. Don't beat yourself up about it. The Atomic Cin and Carmel Popcorn that I have tried are awesome and since getting them on Thursday I have been vaping both of them as my all day vapes. I have been smoke free for 5 weeks now and I have found your juices kill any craving for analog which at times were very hard not to give to. As long as you are in business, you will be one of my primary juice suppliers. Best of luck with your move and expansion!

Geoff; I appreciate the heartfelt apology you posted here, even though I don't think it was needed.This alone speaks to the type of man you are. One who puts others before himself. You have your policies CLEARLY posted on your website and they should not be questioned. If someone does not like those policies they should not order from you PERIOD. That doesn't mean they can't ask just that they should not press the issue or be suprised by your answer . The polices you have are reasonable and are explained very well. You may have lost your cool but it apparent you were pushed way too far. Again this speaks to the type man you are.You lost your cool and you apologized for it (even though it did not need to be done here) you made it public.This shows alot about your true character.
I for one APPLAUD you for this.:thumbs::thumbs: Standing Ovation
You need to make sure you put yourself and Mrs.Tasty first and everything else will work out . Those who care will all be here tomorrow.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I don't understand why you would order something from a vendor if you were so unhappy with them.

With that said...we all love his juice and will keep coming back for more.

If you cannot afford something for your son...please just ask...I would be happy to send you some unflavored for nothing if it would help him out.

I understand the concern for your child...Lord knows, we all have our personal problems to contend with.

Badgering someone else is not the answer.

Good luck to you and your son..and please feel free to pm me if you would like me to send you something for your son.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Okay, I just have to throw something out there. First off, I've learned that there are always two sides to every story, and I don't think our customer here is painting the whole picture. Even from what he DOES say, he notes that for quite some time, Geoff was trying to be nice about it, and that says a lot. You push the nicest people in the world long and hard enough, and guess what? You WILL get a reaction that you don't like.

And judging ONLY from what the 'customer' posted, I STILL believe that Geoff did the right thing. He has a policy in place for a reason, and his reasons are none of anybody else's business. I'm sure the customer's business has it's own policies in place, and I'd bet money he isn't so willing to break them from some schmo with a sob story.

Sorry, Jango1, I don't think you are going to get any sympathy on this forum. Call us fanboys or whatever you want, but the simple fact is that you are free to order product from whomever you choose, and if you don't like a company's policy, you are free to go somewhere else. Posting something like this on a public forum just makes you look like a jackass. Sorry.

Here's a story about an order I placed on Friday afternoon. I asked for a custom mix and wasn't quite sure how to get to the end goal, but I trust Geoff to do something delicious. I stated in the comment what I was after and said basically do what you can do.

I actually got a phone call a few hours after that from none other than Mr. Tasty Vapor himself. He told me he tried a few things and to get the best possible results, he would need to use a small amount of Sucralose and called me to make sure that was okay with me. Now keep in mind, he did not have to do that. He could have just added it (there is no law stating he needs to disclose his ingredients), or he could have left it out (and although it might not have been the best it could be, I'd never know the difference). But he took the time to call. While on the phone, he also asked if I had any questions in general about vaping, juices, etc and we ended up just shooting the breeze for a while.

This is not a cranky, grumpy man. This is not an egotistical jerk. This is a man that truly loves what he does and cares about his customers. He talked about how excited he was to get some changes made that would allow him and his employees to take things to the next level and grow, and that he wants to focus on providing the best care he can for his customers.

Tasty Vapor is not desperate for customers, and they are getting a huge amount of orders that it's hard to stay ahead of, and despite all that, Geoff and his wife are going WAY beyond the call of duty here.

And from talking to Geoff, I can tell what kind of a person he is. And I promise you this, next time I'm out in his neck of the woods, I'm tracking him down and taking him and his wife out to dinner, or at least a nice strong cup of coffee. He's definitely a dude I'd love to hang out with anytime.

Sorry for all the words. I'm Wordy McWorderson tonight! :)

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Okay, I just have to throw something out there. First off, I've learned that there are always two sides to every story, and I don't think our customer here is painting the whole picture. Even from what he DOES say, he notes that for quite some time, Geoff was trying to be nice about it, and that says a lot. You push the nicest people in the world long and hard enough, and guess what? You WILL get a reaction that you don't like...

besides... if geoff changed his policy, i wouldn't have so much ridiculous fun doing juice trades. or getting gratis samples from jazzguy and jebey29. ;)

jango, if you want a sample, just go to one of the trading posts in this section or in the eliquid section, and offer to trade. or, go to mrs. t's or vapor4life and get a 3-5ml bottle of something for <5 bucks. it's not a big deal. geoff doesn't do samples, makes that very clear on his website, and having had his juices, i see exactly why. if devoting time to mixin' it right fresh results in his level of awesome, then fuggedaboutit. give the man some room, stand back, and let 'em do his job.

I can't believe the amount of drama here over 15 bucks.

Seriously. 15 bucks would have gotten you a 1oz bottle of unflavored nic for your son. That's less cost then 3 packs of smokes where I live. How you or your son managed to afford to smoke is beyond me.

If you honestly can't afford it, then don't. I smoked for 17 years, your son's head isn't going to explode tomorrow if he doesn't stop today. Save a buck a day and come back in 2 weeks and buy a bottle.

In the meantime try walking into a Wal-mart, grabbing a box of nicotine gum off the shelf, open it up, take a piece out and put it in your pocket. When security tackles your ... and demands you pay for the whole box, explain to them that you just want a sample, an insignificant portion of the box, and how they should just make an exception for you. See how well that goes. Why should Geoff be any different. The man runs a business not a charity ward.

DirtyHarry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Fremont, CA
I have only placed one order with TV, because my fiance loves the AF flavor. I didn't realize until I placed the order that he was local, and that made me even happier to buy from him, because I like to encourage local business.

Then I got a personal email from him, and fast, accurate service... can't beat that.

Then I read this thread, and can't really do more than echo what so many have said: Geoff, take the time and space to carefully and properly expand your biz - we will continue to support you.

Jango.... this is juvenile. I mean, if you have a successful business, a "yuppie food stamp" or two to PURCHASE flavorless liquid is hardly going to break your bank... and it's for your son!! I mean, c'mon! This is purely absurd, and must have something to do with your ego or something. I strongly suspect your business revolves around sales; you come off as a sales guy - angle, angle, angle, pressure, pressure, pressure - it's all a game that you intend to win - no matter how trivial the prize, no matter who you are "playing"... the win is the key.

Well, dude, there's a reason salespeople have more heart attacks than other professions, even those who put their lives on the line in the course of work - stress kills. I strongly suggest you discover "mellowing out", and learn that "there's always more money... if you run out, make more". Spending a couple handful of bucks to help your son seems to me to be a no-brainer; it wouldn't even occur to me to ask for a freebie for something I'd consider my responsibility to provide anyway.

And besides, as has been mentioned several times in this thread, there are lots of forum folk who would have been willing to "sample" you for little or no cost.

Geoff, keep on keepin' on, and I'm sure I'll have another order for your biz in a week or two.

-Inspector Callahan

chiquita

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
New Mexico
I am new here and don't have the history many of you good folks do with TV. Geoff has made quitting smoking alot easier for many of us.

I post because I have a son that I recently found out had started smoking at age 14 and hid it from me for years. I was devastated on so many levels. I felt responsible, angry, you name it. Mostly I didn't want him to wake up one day having smoked for 30 years like me. So I said I am going to give this thing called an e-cig a try. When my 501 arrived he tried it, and I said I will buy you a kit if you will quit. Fast forward and he and I are both analog free. When I buy TV juice it is for both of us. He is in school and not able to find a job in these tough times. So you buy the juice, it is cheaper than what it costs for 2 people to smoke.

What you don't do is attack a man that is running a business the way he sees fit to do. No one is twisting your arm to buy your juice from him.

That said I really hope your son can quit smoking.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
just to revisit... i'm sorry, but i gotta... over the past few days this thread has matured, kinda like geoff's juices after mixing... :lol:

I strongly suspect your business revolves around sales; you come off as a sales guy - angle, angle, angle, pressure, pressure, pressure - it's all a game that you intend to win - no matter how trivial the prize, no matter who you are "playing"... the win is the key.

ah, incisive... i think someone blew the middle outta that bullseye.

Jango1, your recount was masterfully wordsmithed. Vivid images of speed addicts in crack houses and a humble request for a minor dispensation without which your son would surely be doomed to a swift and horrible demise. Outstanding. A worthy counterpart to the cranky ........

i IRLLOL'd hard here.

plus, i gotta ask, since no one else has... you asked for an unflavored sample from the OMFGFLAVOR man. if i were to suspect Mr. TastyVapor annoyed with you for anything other than your being pushy over something he'd *like* to say yes to, but can't because of the slippery-slope factor, it would be for this. it'd be like going into a pastry chef's kitchen and asking for a sample of dry toast. you know, just in case their world class desserts remind your kid of rat poison, which he once was in a room with.

on a more serious and possibly helpful note, jango, if help is what you really want--i'd suspect that any consistent aftertaste/scent across flavors that your son is experiencing comes from the base (PG, PG/VG mix). which means... i have doubts that unflavored is gonna help. had you posted on the forum at large to ask for help, you probably woulda had a dozen people say, "atomic cinnacide'll take care of that. and everything else. want a sample?"

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
Geoff...send me a "smidgin" of every flavor you have. I've been in the same room as people using ..... Do it or I'm never purchasing from your cranky ... again.

But seriously - 99.9% of the people here know you have great customer service and you're a good guy. Don't let one tool who thinks he's an exception bring you down. Besides, I'm not really sure why he couldn't let his son try a little bit of his 100 ml order. He wants you to break the rules for him because he's so generously looking out for his son...wait a second...no he's not.

Last edited:

lukemacneil

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2010
Uxbridge, Ma
www.lukemacneil.com
You were a .... about my questions, so I'm glad to read a thread like this.
I was upset, and have refrained from ordering because of the attitude, but all I really wanted was some sort of acknowledgment/apology.

I'd say this counts.

I've been sober for quite some time too, and although addiction is no excuse for any kind of attitude/behavior, I do understand and identify with the unreasonable insanity and over inflated ego issues that folks of our type are prone to.

Kudos for the apology. Now I can go back to saying "Tasty Vapor has the best juice" without the "it's to bad Geoff is a jerk" part.

-Luke.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
aww, Geoff, that almost made me cry........ALMOST :lol:
Seriously, man....it takes courage and heart to write something like that to a public audience and you already know your one of my favs ;)
You sir, have an AWESOME product that takes a great deal of effort to produce in small quantities and from someone who has tried NUMOROUS times to DIY, I commend you bc I KNOW for a fact that you have spent hours on end getting your product to taste like it does!!!! :thumbs:

Your an awesome guy with an awesome wife with awesome products...take your time bc your customers will be here! I know I understand reasons for not always being "chipper" and hey-your an all-out honest man and sometimes the honesty shows but IMO, honesty is never wrong. Ive never seen you act beligerant by any means...so KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

I know Ill be a customer for life ;)
****Writes this wearing my SUPER AWESOME Tasty Vapor Ball Cap (OOOHHHHH YEEEUHHHH)******

chrislaubach

Feb 15, 2010
CA
Was sitting on the fence about placing an order with TV (I am loaded with juices already.) but after seeing what a stand up guy Geoff appears to be I am off to order some juices now. No samples of course!

Running a small business (and in a sober environment too) I have run into a fair share of clients who always want a little something more. What I have come to realize is that agreeing to such requests only takes time away from serving my "good" customers with the type of service I have built my reputation on.

Best of luck to Mr. and Mrs. TV in all they do and dream of achieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread