Apologies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
:lol::lol::lol:
I still find this whole thing hard to believe. I don't think I've ever heard of a grown man complaining about not getting a free sample. Nothing in this world is free. It just goes to show ya, times are really hard!

And to toss a prior .... addiction to validate the breaking of policy is just plain ridiculous. it's dumb. I have history with that...long ago....and I call bs on it. if vaping reminds him of smoking ...., I would think getting flavored liquid would be a better choice, not unflavored. But, i digress...rules are rules :)

I'm with you Kimmy, I too found his post to be amazingly silly and I agree with you Geoff, throwing fits in public is for children.
I kinda got embarassed for him :oops: and that's hard to do, hah.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
And to toss a prior .... addiction to validate the breaking of policy is just plain ridiculous. it's dumb. I have history with that...long ago....and I call bs on it. if vaping reminds him of smoking ...., I would think getting flavored liquid would be a better choice, not unflavored. But, i digress...rules are rules :)

I'm with you Kimmy, I too found his post to be amazingly silly and I agree with you Geoff, throwing fits in public is for children.
I kinda got embarassed for him :oops: and that's hard to do, hah.

I have a history with oxycontin and fentanyl, but I don't go around trying to make people feel sorry for me, that's not what recovery is about, at all. I understand a father's love for his son, and that's admirable, but complaining over not getting the answer you hoped for, is just plain ridiculous, and immature. And I'm thinking vaping unflavored juice would in no way make his son feel any better, also missing out on the whole TASTYvapor experience.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
It's possible it's an ego thing.

I've guessing a very strong competitive drive is required as well. Then it's not so much the value of the reward but winning the game that counts.

The fact that being told "No" would send a grown man kicking and screaming and tossing insults on a message board....

This would be separate issue. How well one handles rejection/failure. If you have a large ego and a competitive nature, not doing well here can make your life difficult. :)

Trekie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
NM
You can't please everyone all of the time, no matter what you do. If Jango1 has his own business as he states, then he should know that. Life is to short to get yourself so worked up over such a tiny thing. It's all for L O V E -

Spread the love.

Geoff, TV is one of my favorite vendors. I'm still pretty new at vaping, but I have enjoyed every bottle of Tasty Vapor that I have purchased and/or traded for. I have always received my orders promptly and have no complaints.

I once owned my own business and learned very quickly that if a customer didn't like my sarcasm I would gladly give them directions to the nearest similar business. Keep on doin what your doin. For those that don't like your policies there is a search engine at google.com that can give you directions to other vendors that will sell you samples.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Well I like your site, your prices and your business in peticular. Moving a business and having the resposibility of employees and others can be one heck of a load and sometimes a person needs to vent. I have a pretty broad set of sholders I'm offering along with tough skin and if you need to vent any further go ahead. You and your wife are good people.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Dont get me wrong samplers sounds nice.....but it goes against his made fresh to order policy. If he does not want to make samplers then that is up to him. But I do like contests to win a bottle....J/K.....

But seriously I think having that policy in place ensures freshness and simplicity. Besides for what he does with the prices he has I think he is already generous enough.

Keep doing what your doing....:)

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
I think I do need to extend one. The growth we've experienced, at times, can be very trying, it IS very hard and sometimes the orders coming in can be rather intimidating.

I think I was beginning to show a side of me on the forums that really isn't representative of who I am. I'm really not some cranky ........ Though at times, I can be. It isn't who I am.

And I've come off that way, I am sorry.

I've tried to do a bit of a fade out, while I regroup my thoughts, and get some of the changes that are coming up, taken care of, then I can get back to doing part in what made Tasty Vapor worth sticking around for; care, concern, a genuine concern for those individuals who are trying to make the exodus from smoking to e-cigs, and making the experience as pleasant as possible.

I'd hate to think that I was the one making the experience less than pleasant.

For someone like myself, and I'll put it out there, a sober man, who has come to terms and realized despite my efforts with sobriety, that CIGARETTES were going to be my death, the move away from something that years of familiarity and comfort have led me to believe is an integral part of my life....can be damned scary and not for myself alone.

I've talked to a GREAT deal of people who have smoked 10, 20, 30, 40 years, all of whom have been not only thankful for finding electronic cigarettes, but have been amazed at what Tasty Vapor has been able to provide.

I do have a GREAT deal of things on my plate in moving our operation to larger digs to accommodate not only our growth, but our poor employees who have to crawl over the tops of each other in our small space to get things done. In making the improvements, I'm having to juggle a great deal of responsibilities to turn this more into a streamlined, spacious and comfortable operation, I'm forsaking my own comfort, causing me to be short-tempered and in turn, extending that outward.

So, I have to fade out a little, take care of what needs to be done, give myself a good kick in the ..., review the very things that made undertaking this operation so important, and get back to those things.

For now, I'll be filling orders, taking the occasional Live Help session and handling the particulars of expansion.

You all mean a great deal to my wife and I. And I can assure you, very soon, I can get back to extending this to you all.

From the heart man, from the heart.
Ordered on of your products Butter Rum, and it is excellent, is it possible to get Carmel-Mocha-Frappuccino in 11 mg, haven't seen it.
Will be ordering more. Thanks for a good product.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Jango1, the fact that I have certain policies in place for good reasons, the fact that you'd overlook what I do, how I do it, and go over the top in suggesting I bend the rules just for you...

I got very tired of being nice in the face of your constant manipulations, that I just flat out said NO! I think you were being far more rude than I was. This situation I don't have regrets over.

I was being begged in 50 ways until Sunday for 1ml of liquid for your son, no matter how many times I said we don't do that, you refused to take my answers into account and paid attention to your ultimate goal of begging for 1ml of liquid, for your son.

And I'm the rude one?

Yeah, and the only thing you could think of is your damn policy and sticking to it come hell or high water no matter the circumstances and no matter that it could very well help someone else. Your actions speak louder and contrary to your words about caring so much and all that horseshi* you laid out.

In hindsight, I didn't consider that I was asking for a sample per se and that is why I was persistant in trying to explain the situation. I think a better word that would mean less than a sample would be a smidgin. I don't consider my request a request for a sample as the intent was not for a flavored sample as if to see if one may enjoy a product; the intent is that a smidgin could be used to determine if a nonflavored nic product can be tolerated and that, if you think about it, is a totally different animal.

If he can't tolerate the nonflavored stuff then he'll have to find another way to get off cigarettes and he isn't using his 510 right now either because of it. If asking so persistently is what you consider begging I suppose that's what I did and I guess any parent would do if faced with this delima.

My son isn't a .... addict and if you read what I said again it was that he was in a room of peeps some of whom were smoking the stuff, during a party I guess.

I'm new at this vape thing and I saw on the site that I think it's possible to order just unflavored nic juice but I really didn't think I could afford to buy any more juice. I've spent much more than I expected to on getting started with this stuff and I'm flat out of money to spend further on it. Also I couldn't see wasting a $15 bottle of juice. I can't use it as I don't have flavorings, ect.

It's also hurtful to see so many peeps here laughing and joking about my and my son's situation and my attempt to help him. If I had felt I could have affored to just buy the stuff I would have. I didn't ask in any way to game or beat the system or anything of that nature either as has been alleged by some.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
your damn policy and sticking to it come hell or high water no matter the circumstances and no matter that it could very well help someone else.

If asking so persistently is what you consider begging I suppose that's what I did and I guess any parent would do if faced with this delima.

I've spent much more than I expected to on getting started with this stuff and I'm flat out of money to spend further on it. Also I couldn't see wasting a $15 bottle of juice. I can't use it as I don't have flavorings, ect.

It's also hurtful to see so many peeps here laughing and joking about my and my son's situation and my attempt to help him. If I had felt I could have affored to just buy the stuff I would have. I didn't ask in any way to game or beat the system or anything of that nature either as has been alleged by some.

Oh, please... ANY parent might have given up one of THEIR 3 bottles for their son...

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I'm new at this vape thing and I saw on the site that I think it's possible to order just unflavored nic juice but I really didn't think I could afford to buy any more juice. I've spent much more than I expected to on getting started with this stuff and I'm flat out of money to spend further on it. Also I couldn't see wasting a $15 bottle of juice. I can't use it as I don't have flavorings, ect.

Jango1, as a dad myself, I can relate. If your son has an intolerance to vaping for whatever reason and wants to quit smoking, I would be behind my son as well. And being a single dad, I raised both my sons and love them very much. So I can see your side of wanting to give your son what is best. I know I'd fight for it too.

But Geoff has a no sample policy in place for a real reason and he has to enforce it. I know plenty of other places to get unflavored nic liquid outside of TastyVapor. Blip Labs may be a good place to look for this. I have bought from them before and their product is good. They don't give samples either, but this liquid just may be the solution your son needs.

Trashing Geoff in this forum is really not helping your cause. Trust me on that. :(

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
Jango1,
You can order a flavorless DIY bottle from the Customize Your Own form. Just select Flavorless (DIY) from the list of flavors. Sure it's not free, but given your situation that'd be the best way to go. If your son still doesn't care for it you could easily sell it or you could pick up some loranns and try to make something that does work for him.

UD.

Brandnew vper

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
BATAVIA, NY
YEAH!
DIY it man. I know i know..who the hell is this? Well i talked on the live chat last week ordered a nice bottle of tabacco and customized it. Every one of my questions was answered perfessionally. I ended up purchasing and coulg not be happier. Best tabacco flavor i have ever tried hands down! Geoff, i dont know him, but his product is great. But hey its like this. Walmart has great prices on my medication. I have no insurance. The pahrmacist is a .... head but i like their prices so i deal with it. If i asked him to please give me a couple free pills cause im sick without them and i have no money. I think he would slap me. You know? Nothingg free. Who cares though this is miniscule. ITs juice! Just frickin juice.

Yeah your son means the world to you. I would be so lucky for my DAD to have this much concern! But unflavored liquid is out there everywhere for cheap. And you dont need it right away! wait till you have the money. OR! if you love him sooooo much.. only get 2 bottles for you and 1 for your son???OMG did i just say that! O snap! And if your so out of money only get 2 bottles. OR tell your son to get a job! Thats what my dad would do.
I admire you persistency. I really do. But if you love the TV juice you have to deal with the service to get it. Which IMO is pretty good service. Considering mixed to order was FAST. Ordered wednesday night and recieved it friday! Very good and nothing but nice. Thanks TV cause your juice rocks my socks off!

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke

I don't think people are laughing or joking about your son. I do think that you're a little hypersensitive though.

I also think that so many people have had so many good experiences with Geoff leading to respect for him and his business and some feel insulted about the way you spoke of/to him in a public forum.

mwahle1, you're a sweetheart for sending some out. :)

I'm sure if he had asked somewhere on this forum that someone would have offered to send it out to him just like you. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread