Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Just had a wierd idea....

I was sitting on my couch installing an Otterbox on my wife's Motorola RAZR and I accidentally knocked my PV off onto the floor. So it occurs to me... why doesn't someone make a silicone shock absorbing cover for APV's?

Could get a gel skin with button/screen cutouts for whatever device you like in whatever color you want. I know they have skins to change the appearance of your stuff, but it doesn't do much to protect the device from a hard drop on hard surfaces.

Seriously, who hasn't dropped a PV at least once? How many people have had to buy a replacement device because of a drop?

If someone made one for your Provari, Lavatube, SB, whatever, for $20.00....wouldn't it be worth it? Spend a few bucks to save $100 worth of cherished PV....

or am I the only one?

SazoidX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Tucson, Arizona
Otterbox type cover would be AWESOME - I always wince when I have a PV standing on my coffee table and the dogs run by and knock it down with their tails. For the EGOs I'm not so worried, but for my lavatube and for when I get my ordered Saber Touch, it's going to be a lot scarier.

DFW Vapor sells plastic/rubber covers that slip over a Lavatube and eGo set-ups. They look a little too “girly” for my tastes, but it is a good idea. If someone made an Otter Box type of cover for PVs, I might be interested.

I agree with you on the aesthetics of the DFW ones (and I'm a girl!) - I'm not really into the tye-dye sort of look. A nice textured or stain black or something in a gunmetal grey is much more my style.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
SerenityGear Leather

View attachment 121507 View attachment 121508

These are what I use. Mod sleeve for the Silver Bullet has a leather dragonhide texture that feels great in your palm. It protects the paint finish from scratches and dents. For the BB, the I use the leather lanyard; it keeps my device within arm's reach and goes where ever I go.

This vendor is leather craftsman and fellow vapor. He makes custom-fitted leather holsters, mod sleeves, and lanyards for nearly all the major mods. Turnover time from initial order to delivery was like 2 weeks. I highly recommend this vendor and his products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread