Are there any Law Enforcement Officers present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I had a strange thought. Alcohol can be used as a thinning agent for VG blends. I am wondering if even a small amount could be registered on a breathalizer. Since the breathalizers are lung based I could foresee a real problem while vaping these liquids while driving. Anyone have any experience?

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
"Okay, let's see some ID." lol

Standard breathalyzers, I believe, are made to account for alcohol in the mouth as opposed to in the breath and bloodstream, no? So I'd say you would never blow enough for a DWI even if you were vaping straight Bacardi 151. Note: Do not vape straight Bacardi 151 or you might explode.

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
With the amount of alcohol that would be present in your vapor, I highly doubt you would register on a breathalizer test. You would likely have to vape way more than is possible to get to even .01. You could get yourself pulled over and act drunk so they test you, then report back with the results. :p

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
Interesting....

Yeah, I started looking into this after I read this thread a while back:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...n/488138-warning-dui-mentholated-e-juice.html

If I ever get asked to take a breath test, I will INSIST on a blood test.

EDIT: Although I think I remembered reading somewhere also, that police will sometimes request an ambulance and have an EMT take the blood (because taking you to the hospital can take time in your favor), and they can be sloppy with the alcohol wipes and you get false positives there too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread