Are there states I should not ship vape products to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
As a private individual, I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot. Absolute worst case is, you'd be a wanted man in the destination state, but I doubt whatever "crime" the allege would be serious enough for anyone to bother extraditing you there. :lol:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
As a private individual, I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot. Absolute worst case is, you'd be a wanted man in the destination state, but I doubt whatever "crime" the allege would be serious enough for anyone to bother extraditing you there. :lol:

Imagine driving along one day and getting pulled over for 10 over the speed limit. They run your license and there's an outstanding warrant for you for shipping a Smok Baby Beast with 3 coils across state lines. I'd die from laughter before they could finish booking me.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Occasionally, I sell items that don't work out for me. Are there states that I should exclude from shipping to? I always list items as 21 and over bidders only, along with adult signature required for release.

Since you said "bidders", I'm guessing you mean Ebay. There's no way to block specific states on Ebay.

What shipper are you using for adult signature? How much does adult signature service cost?

Lots of vape stuff on Ebay but it seems to be against their rules at present.

Tobacco and smoking accessories policy

"Tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and vapes, are heavily regulated and can't be sold or advertised on eBay.com."

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
it is very much against ebay's rules....though people still try
I got smacked a few times because it used to only say about tobacco products, but they argued vape gear is tobacco products...
oh ebay will allow the listing, but once someone tries to buy it usually ebay refuses the sale and gives you a warning and eventually ban the account.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
it is very much against ebay's rules...though people still try, I got smacked a few times because it used to only say about tobacco products, but they argued vape gear is tobacco products...
oh ebay will allow the listing, but once someone tries to buy it usually ebay refuses the sale and gives you a warning and eventually ban the account.

People don't just try...they succeed in selling them! There are thousands of vaping products still being listed and sold on eBay every day. I've never had a "hold" on any purchase, no sale to me cancelled, no PP refusal of my payment, etc...to any seller on there. None, nada, zip, zilch. I have pages of saved listings for the vaping stuff I've bought on there for years, and still do regularly buy on there. I keep them for reference (ie. where I got items, what they cost me, the seller's info, etc.)

eBay won't tell you this, but they don't have people trolling their listings and finding those for vaping products. The only way a seller runs into trouble is IF someone reports their listing for a vape related item. It's usually always reported by another seller...who is selling the same product for more than you were!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
lol i argued that point with ebay too.... so I mean you are partly right.... it is against their rules, but they don't seem to care much unless the listing gets reported but it also depends on the wording.... but I can tell you that yeah, I had a few listings removed, two even sold before ebay decided it broke their rules.... I finally just gave up trying to list my mods there

just be warned though, they may or may not adhere to their rules....

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Are you talking about like through the classifieds here? I can't imagine you'd be considered a retailer or dealer selling a single second hand item. Beyond that there are states with restrictions but I don't know of any list you could work off of.
I was referring to eBay. I list mine with a 21 and over only. Regardless, winning bidders usually end up being under 21, which leads to a cancelation. I tell them that they will receive a confirmation request, in regards to age, but they bid anyway. Teenagers... :facepalm:

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Since you said "bidders", I'm guessing you mean Ebay. There's no way to block specific states on Ebay.

What shipper are you using for adult signature? How much does adult signature service cost?

Lots of vape stuff on Ebay but it seems to be against their rules at present.

Tobacco and smoking accessories policy

"Tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and vapes, are heavily regulated and can't be sold or advertised on eBay.com."
I use FedEx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread