Are we fiddling with the 510 LR atty again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadenQ

Oct 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I have to say overall I’ve been pretty satisfied with the Eastmall 510 LR atty once we resolved those quality issues all that time ago. Out of a 5 box at least 3 of them usually performed really well. I am a bit worried about my last batch though. I ordered this a little over a week ago (for a time reference). I gave up on the first one after a few minutes and the second one after a few hours. I’m using the third one right now, and I have to say this is going to be a difficult day to get through. This one is not heating up enough, and the little vapor that is produced is very cold and thin. So even if the other two in that box is fine it still is below par. Did anyone else order 510 attys in the last week or two? Experience with them?

I think we could help David out with quality control if we could somehow rate our atomisers from every order. I don’t know if the forum or the website will be the best place, but a graph with at least a monthly granularity could be to everyone’s benefit. If it goes from say a 9/10 for June and July and then to a 1/10 for August it would be easier for Eastmall to identify the problem. That was by the way a hypothetical example, I don’t order every month. Good or bad idea? How to implement?

onionpants

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I have to say overall I’ve been pretty satisfied with the Eastmall 510 LR atty once we resolved those quality issues all that time ago. Out of a 5 box at least 3 of them usually performed really well. I am a bit worried about my last batch though. I ordered this a little over a week ago (for a time reference). I gave up on the first one after a few minutes and the second one after a few hours. I’m using the third one right now, and I have to say this is going to be a difficult day to get through. This one is not heating up enough, and the little vapor that is produced is very cold and thin. So even if the other two in that box is fine it still is below par. Did anyone else order 510 attys in the last week or two? Experience with them?

I think we could help David out with quality control if we could somehow rate our atomisers from every order. I don’t know if the forum or the website will be the best place, but a graph with at least a monthly granularity could be to everyone’s benefit. If it goes from say a 9/10 for June and July and then to a 1/10 for August it would be easier for Eastmall to identify the problem. That was by the way a hypothetical example, I don’t order every month. Good or bad idea? How to implement?

ummmmm, why are you even ordering from a company that is having issues with quality control? My last order from Eastmall was a waste of my hard earned money. The atomizers I received were utterly horrid, not a single one was decent. So I simply took my business elsewhere. Problem solved. Why don't you do the same, or do you simply enjoy throwing your money away?

crashandburn

Jul 24, 2011
nebraska
I read when I first started vapin that EM lr510 attys were the best on price and durability, went to order-out of stock :(... Read some more about a co-op order being a different design and not working, and they would go back to old style... Waited... In stock... POUNCED... I'm still vaping on some of those atties, their over a yr old, had a little washer inside on top of the mesh bridge... Ordered again, and again, then again, last order two months ago (ish) no washer, 3 of 30 doa, some so-so, 2 when flicked worked... The rest good but not exactly the same vapor production... I think this is a good idea FadenQ, so I can find out when the washer'd atties come back in stock ;)... Even with 5 funny atties out of 30 I wasn't dissapointed, and didn't contact cs because... Well because I'm kinda lazy :D. In response to onionpants: Because when they get it right it's sooooo good... That being said, this is not and will never be be the only company I order from :)

benryanau

Oct 21, 2011
Australia
Issues here with the LR atty's too. Ordered October 2011. Got a 5-pack, first one was fine. Second DOA. On the other three, wicking is poor. Unusably so. They don't seem to draw liquid into the coil.. it glows red hot, produces a nasty burnt vapor (and not a lot of it either). Direct dripping makes them work properly, giving good vapour and flavour. Unfortunately dripping is impractical, especially with the atty's design. FWIW the LR901's haven't been too flash either. Same wicking issue with 4 of 5 attys.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Issues here with the LR atty's too. Ordered October 2011. Got a 5-pack, first one was fine. Second DOA. On the other three, wicking is poor. Unusably so. They don't seem to draw liquid into the coil.. it glows red hot, produces a nasty burnt vapor (and not a lot of it either). Direct dripping makes them work properly, giving good vapour and flavour. Unfortunately dripping is impractical, especially with the atty's design. FWIW the LR901's haven't been too flash either. Same wicking issue with 4 of 5 attys.

Hi benryanau,

Sorry to hear about the trouble :(

If you haven't already, email Selina at support@eastmall.net and she'll get your straightened around.

What batteries do you have these on? Also, dripping on LR atties is awesome, you just gotta use drip tips so you don't have to pull off the cart all the time. I find that LR atties can get hot enough to melt regular carts (but you're right in that you have to drip a lot because LRs burn liquid so fast).

Did you get the liquid from us or from somewhere else? Sometimes if the liquid is a little thicker, the atties have a harder time wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread