Are you vaping less now than when you started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
I am asking this because my original goal here was to get healthier, save money and eventually use vaping as a way to ease off the nicotine habit.

Now however, with all the gadgets and accessories I can see how this can become a hobby of sorts.
So I ask this question because it seems like it would be quite easy to keep "tinkering" and lose track of my original goals above.

So, (Whew) Is anyone vaping less with the same goal to "get off" nicotine?

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
I am at this point prob. vaping more that I started almost 2 months ago. However, I have gone down from 26mg and have about 3/4 a bottle of 12mg, I have 6-8mg waiting. I hope to go down to 0 after that and then break the hand to mouth addiction from there. It has became a hobby of sorts. I find myself tinkering alot and spending way too much time on the forums and internet, but hey aleast I am not smoking.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Would have to say that I'm vaping at least as much as I did when I first started more than 2 years ago. Although having just received my new Provari vv in the mail 3 days ago, I'm definately vaping more now. I vape right at 12mg and don't have any intention or desire to reduce it or to ever stop vaping.

NeoLythic

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2011
CA
I've only been vaping for about three weeks, and I'm blazing through these pre-filled cartridges like they're water. lol!

When I smoked analogs (three weeks free thank you very much) I had to go outside, go through major decontamination before returning to the office, etc. Vaping has allowed me to get my nic hit just about anywhere. So much so that I'm probably doing it TOO much. It's just a wee bit too convenient in some aspects.

I'm making a conscious effort to back off though. I'm saving my pennies for an upgrade, so I need to chill on the usage.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I'm vaping MORE than when I started - BUT, at the same time, I have learned ways to make my juice habit cheaper than when I started - when I first started I was vaping prefilled carts, now I save $$$ by filling my own - also I refill, over and over and over. I look for sales and I do lots of trades and buy juices discounted off of classifieds. I have found a company I like with very good priced juice - madvapes, and I also use the treasure chest thread and the pif threads...

rmpetty

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Park Ridge,N.J.
I started 18mg.nic. & every other month I dropped down some. Most of what I have now is 4mg.nic. but every once in a while I tap from an older bottle of higher nic. To tell the truth I can't tell the difference. But to answer you question, I vape just as much as I smoked. I continue the old analog habits though. Not in the house & not in the car.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
It is now a hobby for me. I vape 6mg and have done so since I started almost 2 months ago
having been a 2 pad smoker for 20 years to nothing in one day.
The gadgets, flavors, rebuilding atomizers, it all gets pretty involved and I like it.
I got into vaping to stop analogs. I don't think I'll stop vaping anytime soon.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I know myself well so my original goal was to get off the smokes and that was my "end game". Originally started in May which only lasted 3 days. On Nov.22 I really committed to quitting and started with 24mg and am now just replacing my current supply of 24mg with 12mg. If I can reduce to 12mg that would my second great accomplishment the first being quitting smokes. Once I do 12mg I may try to go down to 6mg but that's not my focus in the moment as getting down to 12mg is. Glad I found the ECF and e-cigs.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
No not vaping less, dropped from 18 to 12 mg in first 3 months and stayed there for almost a year now, buying fewer eliquid flavors now that I have a dozen I like from 2 vendors, happy with my current PV for 8 months now (REOS, but have 3), no longer feel like I have to try the latest inventions.

So not getting off the nicotine, but losing interest in the hobby aspect.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
No not vaping less, dropped from 18 to 12 mg in first 3 months and stayed there for almost a year now, buying fewer eliquid flavors now that I have a dozen I like from 2 vendors, happy with my current PV for 8 months now (REOS, but have 3), no longer feel like I have to try the latest inventions.

So not getting off the nicotine, but losing interest in the hobby aspect.

I hope I lose interest in the hobby aspect because it's getting expensive but nowhere near what I'd be spending on smokes in the long run I'm positive......:)

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
The issue is addiction for me. I don't want to be dependent on anything, so for me, PV is just a method to quit altogether. My plan is to slowly go down in nicotine (@12 now, 3 ~ 4ml/day) to a level where I am completely free. Then ditch the PV and live untethered. I have one PV and no backups for anything. One flavor of juice ('tobacco' from Ovale) and I have no intentions of changing. I want to be sick of it. I want to be worried about my battery, running out of juice, etc again, as a reason to hate being tied to it. If I have 3 or 4 PVs, backup batteries, many kinds of delicious juices....I am inviting being addicted to something else. The last thing I want to do is make addiction attractive or appealing in any way. While vaping is cooler than analogs, needing nothing is cooler than that still. IMO, there are much more constructive hobbies out there to indulge in.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I guess I'd define my main goal a little differently from most folks here, but it's simply Freedom to not smoke, and vaping gives me that. I still have the freedom to smoke if I care to; most of the time though I'd rather vape. And I probably vape about the same, maybe more than when I started. Been mixing my own juices since about a month in & laid in a bunch of supplies so juice is paid for to cover then next 2 - 3 months. I've been thinking about it a lot today, it's time to commit to putting the analogs down for good and just vape (almost) free for the next couple months, just to see what happens. Maybe even establish an official "smoke-free since: " date. Mostly though, I'm old, single, retired and can do almost exactly as I please, so that's what I usually do. Happy vaping! :vapor:

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
I don't mind the nic- it has a good effect on me and even certain health benefits and the analog dangers are gone. I figure after smoking for so long, whatever the risks from vaping, they are minimal in comparison. For me, with many food allergies, vaping is a way to get flavors I can't get any other way. French Toast- no way I can eat that, but I vape it like crazy! I am still stunned to be able to say I haven't smoked since the begining of June last year (a few cigs between april to June, but not many). I like diy and modding, so I fight cheaper buy compulsions (flavors, base, components), I would rather have 6 pvs ready at their sweet spots than one of the lastest mod. I do watch for neat, inexpensive premade bargains, though!
In answer to the op question, no, I don't vape less. But I do vape better, more self satisfying every time! :) I hope you reach your goal!

lo thatch

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
MA/NH
One year ago this month I started with 11 or 12mg. I went from smoking 1 pack/day to vaping alot! Still at the same nicotine level as below this has little th and taste. I find myself vaping more because I can do it anywhere and nobody fusses. Maybe someday I will cut back, but for now I am happy to be of those nasties.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
Some days I vape way more than others. Really to the point now I could go for hours (and have) without vaping but some days it is very enjoyable...especially with some of those flavors. Whooohooo Watermelon! :) Besides, I've always enjoyed smoking, the act of it for some strange reason..must aid to my super powers...LOL:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread