Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
I talked to Phil today again via E-mail and he asked for pictures to give to innokin so I sent him a few, hopefully we will have a answer and fix for our seepage issue. Fingers crossed there is a fix and it a minor one.
I thought it might be the drip tip not reaching the bottom of the slider, but I think the issue is a small gap between the slider and the chimney top. Don't know if this can be resolved with an o-ring due to small size of the gap/crack if you will.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I talked to Phil today again via E-mail and he asked for pictures to give to innokin so I sent him a few, hopefully we will have a answer and fix for our seepage issue. Fingers crossed there is a fix and it a minor one.

I just started experiencing liquid seepage from the underside of the sliding top cap. I wiped thoroughly, re-filled and waited to see if it would happen again. It did.:mad:

Please keep us posted on any updates from Phil or innokin. If this keeps up, the Ares will find a home in my drawer of failed atomizers.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I long for the days before vaping when a "cigarette" meant a "cigarette". Ahhh....to be stupid again. Those were the days. lol :p

But yes, back on track...Canada post says my Ares should arrive Thursday. Looking forward to it and am interested to see how it fares.
"When a Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be..." Merle

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Just remember that the whole thing put together is a Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System. You can use the acronym.

Now that's Great Turtle, I'll have to use that acronym when I go out to take a vape after Church and someone asks what that is. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm not too sure anymore if I will get this Ares, as I am using the Berserker right now and also my Siren V1, and most all my boxes are being checked ATM, but, who knows.;) I know that right now, I am in NO Rush at all to buy another RTA of any kind. Wait now, could that be a sign that I might be cured ?? No more continually buying NEW RTA's ?? Gad-zooks !!

Last edited:

lumberjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
TX, USA
Finally received the one I ordered from MVS.

The chimney graphics were quickly removed with 1000 grit sandpaper (sorry P+D).

Recommissioned a 3-year-old Innokin iTaste SVD 2.0 for the occasion. Good enough for me!

MYLCg0T.jpg

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I'm not too sure anymore if I will get this Ares, as I am using the Berserker right now and also my Siren V1, and most all my boxes are being checked ATM, but, who knows.;) I know that right now, I am in NO Rush at all to buy another RTA of any kind. Wait now, could that be a sign that I might be cured ?? No more continually buying NEW RTA's ?? Gad-zooks !!

I thought I was already there, but decided to order the Ares as my curiosity was piqued (passed on the Siren V2). Can almost guarantee that If the Ares doesn't impress, it will be my last tank purchase for quite a while. I have my doggystyle, with 2 more on the way, so I'm good. ;)

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States
So, removing the little screen that screws onto the hole under the coil lets lots and lots of air in. Also kills the flavour. And makes it louder. Predictably.

Yeah tried it without the diffuser also. More airflow but not as smooth.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
So the air diffuser is easy to remove (threaded?) and reassemble?
I got mine yesterday from France, did a quick build this morning using the supplied 1 Ohm coil and cotton, absolutely no problems, very easy to do.

Looks great IMHO on the Pico 25:

ares1.jpg

First impressions are good, super quiet draw, good flavor, no leaking or gurgling at all.
Vape is surely on the warm side, a slightly larger mouthpiece helps.
Need some more time with it to post a final verdict though.

K.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Finally received the one I ordered from MVS.

The chimney graphics were quickly removed with 1000 grit sandpaper (sorry P+D).

Recommissioned a 3-year-old Innokin iTaste SVD 2.0 for the occasion. Good enough for me!

MYLCg0T.jpg

That setup looks pretty good lumberjack. I have a Black SVD2, now you have made me wonder about connecting my Black Berserker onto the top of that. I'm just thinking out loud here, don't mind me.;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nah, don't worry. It's just temporary. Won't last, I assure you. ;)

Yes, your prolly right Katya. I apologize to everyone for getting a bit "silly" in thinking that there was actually a cure for this. I should have known better, I've been in this vaping thing long enough to know that there is no cure for what we have, and it is contagious.:( :) :unsure:

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I know that right now, I am in NO Rush at all to buy another RTA of any kind. Wait now, could that be a sign that I might be cured ??
Nah, don't worry. It's just temporary. Won't last, I assure you. ;)
True, that, Katya. 52anddone- just consider it like the time between sneezes when you have a cold...not cured yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread