Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_step

Jun 2, 2011
Ukraine
I use some pliers that I had but I used a lot of insulation tape Soo I won't scratch them....... I twist them to unstuck them and take them apart....
Here is a pic of the coil taken apart...
The top one is the normal silver coil and the other is the gold coil 1ohm coil just to get an idea the pieces to open it I guess
View attachment 916965
How do you take them apart?
Can You show it on video?

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
How do you take them apart?
Can You show it on video?

I don't actually do it recently cause I vape rebuildables but if u saw there is a pic with the pieces in few pages back....u need to use pliers and do a twist and pull motion....just need to be careful not to bend anything on the coil...doesn't need much force....more twisting and less pulling power needed...
I don't know when I be able to take a video doing it cause I wanted to rebuild a few and have just in case I want to use my zlide....

alex_step

Jun 2, 2011
Ukraine
how to separate these parts? I can not make it by pliers :cry:
Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 14.39.44.png

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
View attachment 928611

I guess u have trouble cause pliers slip while u try take it apart?...I was using a rubber thingy like tape or maybe electrical black tape could work with the pliers so they don't damage the coil and I had no problem with slipping...
If u get a good grab u can do it...just remember twist first and then pull...
The zenith coils are not the easiest to rebuild in my opinion cause that part u mention...not because it's hard to have apart tho but because it exist....this part should be all one piece...
Cant suggest anything else.....The pliers is the best and safest method to take it apart...
If u see u have lot of trouble doing it...it's ok cause it's not something for everyone....those z coils are kinda hard compared to others in my opinion...
U could try maybe using the gold coils that are 1ohm or the new 0.3ohm but keep in mind those coils have very airy airflow hole cause they are for rdl...they are 2 pieces only tho and with more space inside to rebuild so it's easier...
And if u see nothing works I suggest u go for an rta cause it's easier to build or if u want to have swapable coils u could go with the voopoo pnp RBA coil or any other similar..
I know u may prefer your z coils but just saying

alex_step

Jun 2, 2011
Ukraine
Superuser187, Thank you very much for your help, participation and explanations - without your tips, I would definitely not cope:thumb::toast:

The 0.3ohm {mesh} is the next one which will be rebuilt;) - these are from Kroma-Z kit; I preffer RDL but with low power - about 10-12W - cause I like cool vapor :rolleyes:

ps it's now 40 days of using these two coils -> and it's about 250ml .......:2cool:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ricks

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Superuser187, Thank you very much for your help, participation and explanations - without your tips, I would definitely not cope:thumb::toast:

The 0.3ohm {mesh} is the next one which will be rebuilt;) - these are from Kroma-Z kit; I preffer RDL but with low power - about 10-12W - cause I like cool vapor :rolleyes:

ps it's now 40 days of using these two coils -> and it's about 250ml .......:2cool:

Ohhh nice....for some reason I was sure u wanted mtl coil....but since u vape restricted that's better for the rebuilding u want to try...
The 1ohm want for my liking but the new mesh is great...both those tho if u plan to rebuild them it's the same thing cause they use the same housing and only the mesh is what is different...
Enjoy :toast:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
View attachment 928611
I use vice grips to hold the casing mind you i tighten the vice grips enough pressure to hold casing so it does not spin around then TWIST out the end with pliers works very well at least here.
If one tightens down the vice grips to much the casing will bend.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Should have a silver Zenith in the mailbox soon.

If you like it when you get it and give it a try....and want more...PM me. I can tell you which US vendor has the full size 4mL ones in SS for less than $9 + S/H. Quite a few of us have bought multiples of them from that vendor. I just don't post it here in the open forums, for several good reasons. I've learned the hard way in the past, after posting some really super deals in the open forum threads.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If you like it when you get it and give it a try....and want more...PM me. I can tell you which US vendor has the full size 4mL ones in SS for less than $9 + S/H. Quite a few of us have bought multiples of them from that vendor. I just don't post it here in the open forums, for several good reasons. I've learned the hard way in the past, after posting some really super deals in the open forum threads.

You never cease to amaze me, JC. ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just make sure you stock up on coils. Soon.

Yep! One of the favorite places to get them, especially at the lowest price in the US...has only the following quantity left now:

0.5ohm Plexus - 220 boxes
0.8ohm - 150 boxes
1.6ohm - 201 boxes

Once those are sold, who knows if they'll be getting another shipment from China, to sell/ship to regular online buyers, before the UPS shipping deadline on April 5th.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'm confused about the Zenith tanks. I can see that there's the
Zenith D22 (3ml, non-replaceable glass);
Zenith MTL (4ml, non-replaceable glass); and
Zenith Pro (5.5ml, replaceable glass)

Beyond that, I get confused. I think they all use the same coils so what, if anything, are the other differences between them?

Reactions: Katya

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    All what you said. They also have different diameters.

D22 is 22mm,
    MTL is 24mm (according to Innokin's site) and
    Pro is 24mm (according to Innokin's site).

I don't think they even make the D22 anymore. Only reason I can see to bother with the D22 is if you have a mod that won't fit a 24mm mod (only mods I know of that absolutely will not take a tank over 22mm is the Eleaf Pico 75W, Eleaf Pico X and Vaporesso Swag (Swag II is OK though)).

D22 and MTL are probably exact same vape, just slightly larger tank. The Zenith is marketed as an MTL tank.

From Innokin's page on the Pro, looks like the Pro is geared more toward Restricted Direct Lung (RDL) rather than MTL.

Can't say anything more as I don't own any of them :p

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I can see that there's the

There's also a Zenith D22 (2mL, non-replaceable glass), that was mainly available because of the TPD in Europe. It was usually sold as part of a kit, with a mod (the Innokin Coolfire Mini and the Innokin Kroma-A). Some Chinese vendors, like Sourcemore, also sold it separately.

Beyond that, I get confused. I think they all use the same coils so what, if anything, are the other differences between them?

Some other differences between some of them are:
    * their diameters
    * the specific coils that come in the box with each tank
    * whether the airflow was designed for MTL, or for both MTL and RDL (the Zenith Pro is for both)
    * the color options offered
    * Zenith Pro only, an optional beauty ring is available to extend the base diameter
    * Zenith Pro only...you can change the coil with the tank rightside up or upside down...even with the tank full

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I'm confused about the Zenith tanks. I can see that there's the

Hello, Poeia! Haven't seen you in ages. Hope you're doing OK!

Another difference between the regular Zenith and the Pro is that the Pro doesn't have that annoying protrusion on top for DT--and works with any size and shape DT. I didn't get the Pro because it's too big for me and I'm not interested in RDL vaping.

You may also consider the Zlide 24mm; it's prettier, IMO, works great, and is less expensive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread