Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Yes indeed as far as I know the D22 was aimed mainly at the markets in the TPD Zone ... howand ever, in Spain a couple of years ago I bought three TPD compliant Zeniths and found to my surprise that they would not fit on my Picos and overhung on my iSticks.

Externally they are larger but the innards are bigger to reduce the liquid capacity. I suspect however you won't come across these in the USA.

4.jpg

Reactions: Poeia

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
All what you said. They also have different diameters.

D22 is 22mm,
MTL is 24mm (according to Innokin's site) and
Pro is 24mm (according to Innokin's site).

I don't think they even make the D22 anymore. Only reason I can see to bother with the D22 is if you have a mod that won't fit a 24mm mod (only mods I know of that absolutely will not take a tank over 22mm is the Eleaf Pico 75W, Eleaf Pico X and Vaporesso Swag (Swag II is OK though)).

D22 and MTL are probably exact same vape, just slightly larger tank. The Zenith is marketed as an MTL tank.

From Innokin's page on the Pro, looks like the Pro is geared more toward Restricted Direct Lung (RDL) rather than MTL.

Can't say anything more as I don't own any of them :p
Now that you mention it, the only place I've seen the D22 is as part of the Coolfire Mini 40W kit (I have one on order). I'm not very picky about the cosmetics. I don't care if my tank is slightly larger than my mod unless it's a ridiculous difference.

There's also a Zenith D22 (2mL, non-replaceable glass), that was mainly available because of the TPD in Europe. It was usually sold as part of a kit, with a mod (the Innokin Coolfire Mini and the Innokin Kroma-A). Some Chinese vendors, like Sourcemore, also sold it separately.

Some other differences between some of them are:
* their diameters
* the specific coils that come in the box with each tank
* whether the airflow was designed for MTL, or for both MTL and RDL (the Zenith Pro is for both)
* the color options offered
* Zenith Pro only, an optional beauty ring is available to extend the base diameter
* Zenith Pro only...you can change the coil with the tank rightside up or upside down...even with the tank full
I ignore all the 2ml versions if there's a larger one available in the U.S. (We have enough ridiculous restrictions as it is. :( ) And I'm not very concerned with the accessories in the box since I'll have to add more anyway. But I'm surprised about the coil changing. On Innokin's website, almost all the Zeniths and Zlides mention "clean method to replace the coil". I assumed that meant that you don't have to drain it first. I'll have to go back to reading & watching videos -- that's a nice feature when you have to change the coil from the bottom.

Hello, Poeia! Haven't seen you in ages. Hope you're doing OK!

Another difference between the regular Zenith and the Pro is that the Pro doesn't have that annoying protrusion on top for DT--and works with any size and shape DT. I didn't get the Pro because it's too big for me and I'm not interested in RDL vaping.

You may also consider the Zlide 24mm; it's prettier, IMO, works great, and is less expensive.
Zlide has 24mm and MTL versions. I think they like confusing me.

For some reason, Innokin decided not to include the heights of the tanks on their website so I missed the size of the Pro. Since I'm purely MTL, I can eliminate that. (One down, about 6 to go.)

Drip tips aren't a deal-breaker but I do have an 11-year collection. It would be nice to use some of them.

For the others, my first Zenith & Zlides should be here before the weekend. I'll make up my mind once I've tried them.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
But I'm surprised about the coil changing. On Innokin's website, almost all the Zeniths and Zlides mention "clean method to replace the coil". I assumed that meant that you don't have to drain it first. I'll have to go back to reading & watching videos -- that's a nice feature when you have to change the coil from the bottom.

That does mean you don't have to drain them first to change the coil in them. You just have to turn most of the Zeniths upside down first...before you take the bottom base off and the old coil out. Otherwise, all the eliquid will come out of the tank.

That's what makes the Zenith Pro so different, as far as changing out a coil. You can change the coil in it when the tank is upside down or rightside up...and the eliquid will not come out when you remove the base and the old coil.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm not very picky about the cosmetics. I don't care if my tank is slightly larger than my mod unless it's a ridiculous difference.

yeah, only time you have to worry about fitment is with a mod that has a top protruding battery cap (like the ones mentioned), some other part that is near the 510, or if it's a SBS (side by side) mod. Otherwise, worst you'll get is overhang, just a cosmetic issued that some do not like. I don't care much myself, either. Just need a vape.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Zlide has 24mm and MTL versions. I think they like confusing me.

Zlides and Zeniths come in two sizes: the 22mm diameter, 2 ml capacity--are TPD compliant. The big ones, 24 mm diameter, ~4ml capacity, are for everybody else. I prefer those. I have one small Zlide that came in a kit and I don't use it all that often, frankly.

All Zlides and regular Zeniths are MTL--albeit somewhat loose MTL; I love the airflow on both. Zenith pro is the only one that is more open and bigger and I don't want it. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Otherwise, worst you'll get is overhang, just a cosmetic issued that some do not like. I don't care much myself, either. Just need a vape.

Zenith comes with its own DT, of course, but I prefer to use my own. I have many different DTs and not all of them fit correctly--some just spin around, others just don't fit right. It's a minor problem, but it annoys me. ;)

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    Zlides and Zeniths come in two sizes: the 22mm diameter, 2 ml capacity--are TPD compliant. The big ones, 24 mm diameter, ~4ml capacity, are for everybody else. I prefer those. I have one small Zlide that came in a kit and I don't use it all that often, frankly.

All Zlides and regular Zeniths are MTL--albeit somewhat loose MTL; I love the airflow on both. Zenith pro is the only one that is more open and bigger and I don't want it. :)
    I think I figured it out. The Innokin site calls it the Zlide MTL and other sites just call it the Zlide (and some of those have separate listings for 2ml and 4ml).
    So I'm getting a CoolFire Z50 with a 4ml Zlide and a CoolFire Mini with a 2ml Zenith. If I prefer the Zenith and buy more I'll get 4ml. And I'm ignoring the Zenith Pro completely.

EUREKA! I've got it!!!

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    :lol: I really hope you like them all. Just don't forget the coils. The time is running out...
    That's why I paid for Priority mail. I'll know by the weekend what I prefer (or a mix of the two).

I never forget the coils. I have lots of eLeaf GS Air and Joyetech SS coils on hand. My AIOs and Cubises are dying but might survive long enough for me to use the later. I restocked with the Air for the Tance (yuck) and I don't know where my Air Ms are so I might have those forever. :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's why I paid for Priority mail. I'll know by the weekend what I prefer (or a mix of the two).

Just so you know, the speed difference between Priority mail and regular fist class isn't really much different. Usually not worth the extra money if speed is the only reason. Priority might get to you a day earlier. That's a big "might".

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    Just so you know, the speed difference between Priority mail and regular fist class isn't really much different. Usually not worth the extra money if speed is the only reason. Priority might get to you a day earlier. That's a big "might".
    I usually pass on it but I learned about the ban very late and getting an extra day to order before everything is out of stock is worth it. And it worked -- I ordered yesterday at 3 am and they arrived before noon today. They're charging now while I take juice inventory & decide what to put in each. :)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Concerning the i stick 75w original pico the original zenith 4ml and the original brunhilde 5 ml tank do fit on the pico.
    The zenith has a slight overhang as shown in picture as well as the brunhilde.
    It comes very very close to the cap were a piece of paper will not slide down between cap and zenith tank but tank does not hit the cap. Same paper will slide down between cap and brunhilde tank .

These pico's were bought some years back not sure if they changed clearance as production marched on .
    HPIM1156 (Medium).JPG

HPIM1155 (Medium).JPG

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Concerning the i stick 75w original pico the original zenith 4ml and the original brunhilde 5 ml tank do fit on the pico.
    The zenith has a slight overhang as shown in picture as well as the brunhilde.
    It comes very very close to the cap were a piece of paper will not slide down between cap and zenith tank but tank does not hit the cap. Same paper will slide down between cap and brunhilde tank .

These pico's were bought some years back not sure if they changed clearance as production marched on . View attachment 931807
    View attachment 931805 .
    Thanks 4 that.

Reactions: Kent C

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois

Ones i have - printed on back of box - sale only allowed in United States -
    Genuine Innokin- scanned security code to make sure.
    The innokin D22 holds 3 ml not 2ml like ones i suppose oversea's .
    Also there are 4 airholes not 5 like the original Zenith 4ml 24mm diameter.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread