Status
Not open for further replies.

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
scuffed it up with some fine grit , all done.
time to move on to something else,
i still have another dna30 chip, empty boxes, wire, switches and other parts.
i really would like to make something smaller.
thanks again everyone

Wing

Feb 25, 2012
Hampton Bays
Freaking Shapeways! Ordered a couple of screen cradles 2 weeks ago. They notify me TODAY that its going to be another THREE WEEKS! :mad:
Any other 3D outfit that BapGood can use to get these out there?

I received an email like that as well. But my parts ended up coming a couple days later none the less...
ymmv...

TUS172

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2011
Tucson
Well I got my Shapeways Cradle and got it built. Changed the layout of the unit a bit by wiring the Pos wiring from the bats along the sides of the casement and under the circuitboard of the charging unit (lots of space under there) and moved the board down further to have room to put stuff up top.

IMG_1163.jpg

TUS172

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2011
Tucson
Nice!! Good work.
Hows it vape? 'Like I need to ask'

Whew, probably the most consistent vape i've had off of Scubabatdan's G-Tank US & the Russian 91. I've always stuck with Mechs. But in the last couple of months did a couple of T-10s which are great but I didn't put a screen on them so I never quite know where I am vaping. Its by 'feel', ya know? This one dials right where I want it quick with no guessing anything. I'm sold. I picked up a DNA-40 last week and I may drop it in the same package. Don't know though, I may put it in a Hammond box. At least if something goes wrong in one of those I can easily get back into it.

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
Thats great, TUS172.
i still have another dna30 chip, and wanna put it in a smaller enclosure, like the vape shark mod, but havent found a box to put it in , the previous enclosure like the one you used is kinda big for my likeing, i looke at the hammond boxes but not likeing those, i pick up a 3 x 2 x 1 , box from radio shack , but if i used it i would have to place battery in the center (18650) and it doesnt leave room for the 510 connector or the fire switch, to moove the battery to the edge of the box , i woul have to take out the stubs in the top and bottom corners , thats what holds down the cover if i move the stubs to the center of the box and apoxy in place , i would have to fill in the existing screw holes in the cover. might as well make one from scratch.
you see , with haveing a smaller box its easier and more compact to tote around , at work, or play, fit right in the pocket, the previous mod i made is mostly for at home while watching tv or just on the computer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread