Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Reactions: 52anddone

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
Guyyyyssssssssss last week I picked up a few of the latest and greatest tanks after a long buying hiatus and one of my acquisitions was a 6ml aromamizer. I currently have 3mm 24ga coils on it at .4 ohms and rayon wicking and for some reason I can't get rid of the rayon woody taste... It's not a dry hit per se but I can still taste the wick.

I started with the coils vertically but flipped them horizontally because I read someone saying they hadn't gotten a good vape from verts in the 'mizer but that taste won't go away. I love the atty otherwise. It's super smooth and not to gurgly but I want it to taste good like my griffon [emoji24] since I do prefer a tank with more juice capacity.

Any ideas??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Guyyyyssssssssss last week I picked up a few of the latest and greatest tanks after a long buying hiatus and one of my acquisitions was a 6ml aromamizer. I currently have 3mm 24ga coils on it at .4 ohms and rayon wicking and for some reason I can't get rid of the rayon woody taste... It's not a dry hit per se but I can still taste the wick.

I started with the coils vertically but flipped them horizontally because I read someone saying they hadn't gotten a good vape from verts in the 'mizer but that taste won't go away. I love the atty otherwise. It's super smooth and not to gurgly but I want it to taste good like my griffon [emoji24] since I do prefer a tank with more juice capacity.

Any ideas??

That woody taste is from using too much Rayon I think. Try cutting the tails down some if you haven't already (50% from full size to start with), if you have, then rewick it with a little less Rayon in the coil (not as tight but 50% off on the tails still to start). If I'm wrong here I hope someone will come in and set the record straight, as I don't want to lead someone astray, it's been awhile since I have used Rayon.

As far as Verticals go in the Aromamizer, they work Great. I have the SC-200 also and am running (2) Verticals right now, 2.5mm, .59Ω at 28 Watts with the (2) hole AFC band, Wide Open with KGD. Very Nice. I think that you got some Bad Info on using Verticals in the Aromamizers.

Edit: If you get too much Rayon in the coil then you get that Woody taste that will go away after a few ml's, depending on just how tight you have you're coil packed.

Last edited:

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
That woody taste is from using too much Rayon I think. Try cutting the tails down some if you haven't already (50% from full size to start with), if you have, then rewick it with a little less Rayon in the coil (not as tight but 50% off on the tails still to start). If I'm wrong here I hope someone will come in and set the record straight, as I don't want to lead someone astray, it's been awhile since I have used Rayon.

As far as Verticals go in the Aromamizer, they work Great. I have the SC-200 also and am running (2) Verticals right now, 2.5mm, .59Ω at 28 Watts with the (2) hole AFC band, Wide Open with KGD. Very Nice. I think that you got some Bad Info on using Verticals in the Aromamizers.

Lol I was literally trimming the tails when I heard the notification for your response. If it doesn't get much better I may recoil tomorrow with a smaller diameter. It's definitely less woody now but I'm still not getting big flavor out of it. As far as the vert vs horizontal goes I know everyone's experiences are subjective and logically it didn't make any sense to me why a vertical coil wouldn't do well but I figured it was worth a shot. I was getting more popping with the coils in vertically so there's at least 1 improvement [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Pray for me.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Lol I was literally trimming the tails when I heard the notification for your response. If it doesn't get much better I may recoil tomorrow with a smaller diameter. It's definitely less woody now but I'm still not getting big flavor out of it. As far as the vert vs horizontal goes I know everyone's experiences are subjective and logically it didn't make any sense to me why a vertical coil wouldn't do well but I figured it was worth a shot. I was getting more popping with the coils in vertically so there's at least 1 improvement [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Pray for me.

If you have the right amount of Rayon in you're coil, it should squeak a little as you pull the Rayon back and forth thru you're coil.

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
If you have the right amount of Rayon in you're coil, it should squeak a little as you pull the Rayon back and forth thru you're coil.

Yeah. I've been using rayon in all my tanks for a while now. This is the first time in a long time that I've had issues with wicking. I just had really high expectations for this tank after reading this thread and I really want to like it at least as much as I like the griffon.

Of course, when the vcmt 30mm gets here next week this may be moot. [emoji23]. This is why I stayed away from the forum a while. Every time I open Tapatalk, my wallet cries a little. Luckily these aren't the high end RTAs I was assessed with before. Lol

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yeah. I've been using rayon in all my tanks for a while now. This is the first time in a long time that I've had issues with wicking. I just had really high expectations for this tank after reading this thread and I really want to like it at least as much as I like the griffon.

Of course, when the vcmt 30mm gets here next week this may be moot. [emoji23]. This is why I stayed away from the forum a while. Every time I open Tapatalk, my wallet cries a little. Luckily these aren't the high end RTAs I was assessed with before. Lol

I agree with you. It's good that more and more Good Atomizers are coming online so that normal folks that don't have Cash to burn can still get good equipment :thumbs: . This forum is a blessing :nun:, And a Curse :evil:. I swear that I spend more now then when I smoked 1-2 packs a day. ;)

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO

Any ideas??

24Ga, 3mm, 0.4 Ohm. Sounds like a single coil build? How's it positioned?

What type of power are you hitting it with?

How are your air holes lined up? 90° to the posts and coil, or offset?

The Aromamizer can definitely do a single centered vertical coil, I've got some peppermint in one now, but the airflow is a little touchier than dual coil.

I've seen some good build pics of single horizontal, but keeping the legs short with that build is not as easy as well.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I've seen some good build pics of single horizontal, but keeping the legs short with that build is not as easy as well.

Re single horizontal, I'm very happy with this Train build: twisted triple 28g kanthal, 3mm, .45 ohm. Not exactly an Aromamizer but very close. Dual is warmer, but this is better for NETs which need to be dry burned and rewicked often.

IMAG1627_picmonkeyed.jpg

Reactions: pevinsghost

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Question from first-timer with Clapton wire on the Aromamizer

Being relatively new to rebuilding, I've stuck with simple builds on my Aromamizer, mainly 28 gauge Kanthal dual verticals. I've got vapemail coming today that I ordered some simple 26/32 Clapton wire with. I'm looking for any tips and insights on how to best calculate the wraps and ohms with this wire (I'm using with Steam Engine) and application in the 'Mizer.
Are these prewrapped Claptons or are you going to wrap the Claptons?

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
Just a heads up that Steam Crave is targeted to release 2 new variant of the RDTA:

1) Aromamizer V2 RDTA - this is an update of the tank which includes flat top cap and metal AFC. The tank is targeted for new buyers. Existing users will have the option to purchases the parts individually.

2) Aromamizer Supreme RDTA - This is a complete rebuild based on the original design with user feedback. The tank is 25mm and will have a capacity of 7ml. It comes with a 'straight flow' drip tip, flat top cap, top fill, juice flow control, redesigned metal AFC and a build deck that is guaranteed to align with the air flow. With the new dimension, builders will now have more room to build larger or more complex coils.

Here's an initial pic on the new tanks:

5d96efbc6bae9dda5558641b74896d24.jpg

Last edited:

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Man I love everything about the Supreme except the fact that it's bigger. I have a hard time believing a bigger chamber for hotter builds is going to benefit flavor. I wish they'd guarantee hole alignment in the V2, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat in that case, though honestly my thicker washer trick in the original is so effective that aligning the coils barely qualifies as a hassle anymore.

Still though, aligned holes combined with finally being able to ditch this absurd Lisa Frank AFC band would be hard to resist.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
Just a heads up that Steam Crave is targeted to release 2 new variant of the RDTA:

1) Aromamizer V2 RDTA - this track is an update of the tank which includes flat top cap and metal AFC. The tank is targeted for new buyers. Existing users will have the option to purchases the parts individually.

2) Aromamizer Supreme RDTA - This is a complete rebuild based on the original design with user feedback. The tank is 25mm and will have a capacity of 7ml. It comes with a 'straight flow' drip tip, flat top cap, top fill, juice flow control, redesigned metal AFC and a build deck that is guaranteed to align with the air flow. With the new dimension, builders will now have more room to build larger or more complex coils.

Here's an initial pic on the new tanks:

5d96efbc6bae9dda5558641b74896d24.jpg

Yeah, when I saw this, my wallet actually twitched a bit.....:danger:

Dreamer68

Jan 9, 2016
Yes, it can be done. Some have blocked the juice feed holes on one side of the deck and built on the other side. And I'm sure you could do a centered coil with the tails hitting both sides - but I haven't tried either method.
I run a single twisted in the centre. Loving it.
Steam Crave coming out with v2 and a supreme next week.

Reactions: TheWestPole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread