Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
Have you tried it without the tank section and just firing in temp control with the bottom and build deck

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

i have not, i'll give that try tonite. when i threw the build in the other day i made sure the coils weren't touching the chamber tho. but i did try to put the Aromamizer on my Evic Mini again last night and it switched me out to power mode. :(

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
It's most likely a problem with unstable resistance. I've had the same thing happen with my Serpent. Turns out one of the grub screws was stripped and didn't secure the coil lead properly.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

i've had it happen on an RDA last summer. i was told the RDA had an adjustable pin. i loosened it a little to make it stick out farther on a hybrid mod. when i switched it to a regulated device, ohms were jumping all over the place. i'll check again,but im pretty certain my connections are secure. thanks!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've been giving my two Aromamizers a little attention the last couple of days. I beveled the juice feed holes on the decks bottom side and Dremeled them a bit larger, not much though. I cut off the anti spit part on one of the drip tips. Can't really say if they work any better or not as they worked so well anyway.

Reactions: Landman

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I've been giving my two Aromamizers a little attention the last couple of days. I beveled the juice feed holes on the decks bottom side and Dremeled them a bit larger, not much though. I cut off the anti spit part on one of the drip tips. Can't really say if they work any better or not as they worked so well anyway.
Don't have any problems with juice feed, but I rarely go over 60W on my builds. I did replace the stock drip tip with a wide-bore tip. Doesn't match the diameter of the chimney but I'm liking it much better from a flavor standpoint.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Yeah, I never used the ss drip tips because it muted the flavor. I picked up some extra delrin and transparent tips directly from SC and clipped the spit back part off.

I think my next mod will be flattening the top cap like their "limited edition" version... which is really how it should've been designed to start with.

Momato

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2014
Maryland
Opened up the juice holes in mine
1a3891aa261a12cc222a2d1a5744a14c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
for a V2, an actual air flow control ring would be nice, and yah, take down that extended nub on the top cap and it would be the perfect atty to me. oh, and top fill of course. :)

stock juice flow has been stellar for my builds. i usually do 24ga .5ohm dual coils and run 30-40w and get plenty of flavor/vapor production.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
for a V2, an actual air flow control ring would be nice, and yah, take down that extended nub on the top cap and it would be the perfect atty to me. oh, and top fill of course. :)

stock juice flow has been stellar for my builds. i usually do 24ga .5ohm dual coils and run 30-40w and get plenty of flavor/vapor production.
I've been disappointed in most of the top fill implementations... I'd almost rather them not try it, lol.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
I've been disappointed in most of the top fill implementations... I'd almost rather them not try it, lol.

now that i think about it, all of my favorite RTAs are bottom fill. heck, my silverplay nano and gob mini are bottom screw fill! and the aromamizer of course. i have not tried the crius or griffin tho, who have seemed to get it right.

Steve6181

Nov 24, 2015
Delaware - US
now that i think about it, all of my favorite RTAs are bottom fill. heck, my silverplay nano and gob mini are bottom screw fill! and the aromamizer of course. i have not tried the crius or griffin tho, who have seemed to get it right.

I have both. Crius is a leak magnet (yes I know I know...this is where 80 people jump on me to tell me the Crius doesn't leak and I've wicked it wrong. Got it. Heh) and the flavor (when it wasn't dripping juice all over the place) is just kinda 'meh'. But the Griffin is on par with the Aromamizer for flavor in my opinion. I have it sitting right next to one my my a-mizers and it's getting just as much use. Its only downfall is the 3.5ml tank so it needs filling more often, but it doesn't seem to drink juice as fast so that's probably a wash anyhow.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
Aromamizer #3 came in the other day. Even before I had a chance to clean it or build the deck, I had it in my shop to remove the nipple. Then, since I had it all apart, I decided to torch it to changed the color. I think it turned out nicely...

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Aromamizer #3 came in the other day. Even before I had a chance to clean it or build the deck, I had it in my shop to remove the nipple. Then, since I had it all apart, I decided to torch it to changed the color. I think it turned out nicely...

From the pic, it looks like it'll match perfectly color-wise with the silver cuboid/stout since they're not a true silver... nice work!

Reactions: jmercury1
I love/hate this thing. I own two; if I really like something, I'll buy another as a spare. It took many tries until I got the wicking right, But it's a "moody" tank - sometimes it'll belch out cloud after cloud of thick flavorful vapor endlessly, sometimes it just vapes dry and thin...and this is on the same mod with the settings locked. My decks are modified with larger holes and juice channels dremeled into the bottom, that really made a difference.

I got a Griffin RTA a couple days ago and bought another tonight. It tastes 95% as good, but it is consistent and I've never managed a dry hit. And I'm the type of person who, if it's possible to have a dry hit, somehow I'll find it :p

I'm going to store my Aromamizers for a bit. I'll revisit them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread