Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Ditched the AFC? Yes, some have. But search this thread for ways to plug the holes. Or, get the V2.

I think I like the V2 more than the Supreme...
I do not want to plug the holes I want them wide open and the ring moves around too easily. I ditch all A?F rings on my Taifuns. My goal is to learn to like what I have, not buy more. Thanks Jazz

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I do not want to plug the holes I want them wide open and the ring moves around too easily.

I like the 2 hole airflow.
It concentrates the flavor when they're in front of the coils.

I like it in between. 4 holes wide open seems to airy and 2 holes wide open seems to restrictive to me. I used JB weld to close off the two indirect airholes and then redrilled them back out to about 1/2 the original size. That way I could pitch the silly vape bands. This seems to produce the best flavor for me in conjunction with Ti coils and temp control.

Hi Chanel!!

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
HI Cig! great to see you and thanks for the answer. I want mine all open so I guess I can just take it off?
I have the V2
If you have the v2 you leave it open...there is no AFC band.
I don't understand why they couldn't use 2 longer holes like every one else so the air could actually hit the coils if you run 6 wraps on a 3mm fused clapton and NEED the air.

Reactions: Chris863

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
If you have the v2 you leave it open...there is no AFC band.
I don't understand why they couldn't use 2 longer holes like every one else so the air could actually hit the coils if you run 6 wraps on a 3mm fused clapton and NEED the air.
there is a metal a/c band that you can use to control 2-4 holes

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
The band is silicone. The v2 has no band. It has integrated AFC. Less of an afterthought.
I have both. I'd have gotten the Supreme but the deck is just barely bigger.
aww...integrated. I knew there was an adjustment thingy there. I just used the wrong wording when calling it a band

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
You know, even though I have a lot of the newest offerings in 60w + RTAs and RDTAs out there these days my Aromamizers are still in my daily rotation. It's just such a great device for TC vaping, easy to build, wick and refill that I can't bear the thought of drawering it.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Went on a trip to So CAL for 5-6 weeks and took my Aromamizer with me to learn about it while there. It is my fav device by far. Vaping on a dual clapton (built for me) at about .53 ohms and at 35-40% sitting atop a Hex Ohm. Vaping Moku Oatasuy mostly. Great vape, great device :cool:

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I have an issue with my Aromamizer V2. One of the posts came loose and it still works but if you put any pressure on it sort of snaps back a bit. Think this is the positive post. Anyway to tighten this?

In the photo you can see how the post is a bit crooked.

Aromamizer V2 Post Issue.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I have an issue with my Aromamizer V2. One of the posts came loose and it still works but if you put any pressure on it sort of snaps back a bit. Think this is the positive post. Anyway to tighten this?

In the photo you can see how the post is a bit crooked.

View attachment 613215
The screw on the bottom (contact pin).
I used a skinny screwdriver between the posts to hold them in place while tightening.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I ended up getting 2 more V1s on ebay. They were around 15 bucks. Dont know if VapeNW will ever restock more V1s if they do ill be all over that for 10, but 15 isnt bad with free shipping If I recall correctly.

Just cant beat the original as a daily workhorse. Fill up my 4 v1s and my 1 v2 and im good for at least two weeks. All i have to do is screw on the next aromamizer on the mods 510 every 2-3 days :) lol lazy to learn these newer gen rdtas but got my eye on the limitless and the boreas which is just an aromamizer supreme on steroids from what i can tell.

Lets get this thread active again! Thinking of living a little dangerously and try some vert coils on my new v1s. If i remember correctly the verticals was where it was at but its just easier with horizontals lol so i always went with the simplier coils to wick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread