Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Looking for some advice for single coil use on a v1. I've attached some pictures of my current build (second attempt) and it just doesn't work right. I'm using nickel 28ga on a dna 200 in temp mode. I have to crank the temperature up to 550 or so just to get some, and it barely does 20 watts at that. I am more than sure I am doing something wrong so just looking for advice.

Dual coil on this tank is just way to much for me so I'd rather use single coil if possible.

a3a8cb01a32ea79c156e7f2149c9d51c.jpg
bdcc080745b19ec7892e969432a623f8.jpg
2514772060dc7b7c65471fcd8a3b379c.jpg
I just got my v2 a couple of days ago and I built it just like yours. 28g ni200, 3mm ID, 7 wraps, 460°F, 25w on a DNA200 with 60w preheat. I had it lined up between the top and bottom screws and wasn't impressed. Someone mentioned it should be lined up with the top screws so I adjusted it up and it was a bit better but at about half tank, it started leaking. A lot. They also said this isn't great with a single coil so tonight with about 1/4 tank left, I built a dual coil 28g ni200, 13 wrap, 3mm ID build. I had to go up to 40w to keep up with the dual coils. I just built it so not a lot of vape time with it but I'm still not that impressed. I get better flavor with my KM3's and KFv4's.

2016-04-15%2021.31.46_zpsyxc5ph1p.jpg

Reactions: TheWestPole

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I just got my v2 a couple of days ago and I built it just like yours. 28g ni200, 3mm ID, 7 wraps, 460°F, 25w on a DNA200 with 60w preheat. I had it lined up between the top and bottom screws and wasn't impressed. Someone mentioned it should be lined up with the top screws so I adjusted it up and it was a bit better but at about half tank, it started leaking. A lot. They also said this isn't great with a single coil so tonight with about 1/4 tank left, I built a dual coil 28g ni200, 13 wrap, 3mm ID build. I had to go up to 40w to keep up with the dual coils. I just built it so not a lot of vape time with it but I'm still not that impressed. I get better flavor with my KM3's and KFv4's.

2016-04-15%2021.31.46_zpsyxc5ph1p.jpg
I can't wick the vertical Coils. I've tried, and failed. Whatever the trick is to wick them escapes me. :(

My horizontal builds work fine and give decent results.

I'm looking to maybe get that supreme at some point, but I've also got my eye on the Gemini too.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Me being a single coilist and thinking i might want an Aromamizer v2, i put the hard word on SteamCrave yesterday to ask where the love was for single coilists.

As usual i was subtle

Hi,

Just wondering why you dont make a single coil capable plug or something, because thats the entire reason quite a number of people arent buying your tanks.

Not everyone is a dual coil fog chugging ......

Cheers,

Adrian Miller, Certified Single Coil Vaping Professional

I got a reply this morning:

Hello

Thanks for your email

We will come up with the single coil next week, so maybe you can purchase this in our online shop next week.

Best regards

Candy Qu

Quite what form this single coil Aromamizer will take is unknown (at least until my follow up query is answered), but given they did an upgraded deck to a velocity
in the past, im guessing it will be a deck.

More news as it comes to hand...

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have my old Kayfun 3.1, a Lemo Drop, an Orchid V4, and the Kayfun V4 as my most used tanks. I tend to vape my Kayfun 3.1 the most. It has the perfect airflow for 8W to 10W vapes and actually produces better flavor than the above mentioned rebuildables outside of the Kayfun V4. My Kayfun V4 is dual coiled.

Given that my favorites are Kayfuns, would I like the Aromamizer? K4 is looser on airflow than the standard Kayfuns and I'm partial to something that resembles the draw of a typical cigarette filter.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I have my old Kayfun 3.1, a Lemo Drop, an Orchid V4, and the Kayfun V4 as my most used tanks. I tend to vape my Kayfun 3.1 the most. It has the perfect airflow for 8W to 10W vapes and actually produces better flavor than the above mentioned rebuildables outside of the Kayfun V4. My Kayfun V4 is dual coiled.

Given that my favorites are Kayfuns, would I like the Aromamizer? K4 is looser on airflow than the standard Kayfuns and I'm partial to something that resembles the draw of a typical cigarette filter.
I think it would have to much air flow for what you're looking for. Might want to jump over to the Bachelor thread. They have a mouth to lung kit just for people looking for that tight draw.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveP

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Me being a single coilist and thinking i might want an Aromamizer v2, i put the hard word on SteamCrave yesterday to ask where the love was for single coilists.

As usual i was subtle

I got a reply this morning:

Quite what form this single coil Aromamizer will take is unknown (at least until my follow up query is answered), but given they did an upgraded deck to a velocity
in the past, im guessing it will be a deck.

More news as it comes to hand...

I got excited to hear that Steam Crave would be releasing a single coil deck, but I am curious if that is actually the case. I am wondering if they are talking about their single factory coil as opposed to a single coil Rebuildable deck. I see that those just popped up on their website.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I got excited to hear that Steam Crave would be releasing a single coil deck, but I am curious if that is actually the case. I am wondering if they are talking about their single factory coil as opposed to a single coil Rebuildable deck. I see that those just popped up on their website.

Nope, if you read above, they confirmed it will be a single coil deck

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
My fingers are crossed that the information you received is accurate and there was not some sort of miscommunication due to a language barrier. ;)
Im pretty sure Candy got my message as i used a specific query (was it a single coil head, plug or deck), heres her actual reply:

Candy@steamcrave.com to me:

Hello

It is just a single coil deck which fit in the Aromamizer RDTA v1 and v2

Best regards

Candy Qu

www.steamcrave.com

Hopefully it will turn up next week on SteamCrave

furynocotine

Multiple ID Suspension
May 3, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Anyone know where I can get different color afc rings?
Steam Crave is out of blue but that's where to get o-rings, screws, colored glass tubes & afc rings.
I think I saw afc rings at Origin Vapes but they might have been OOS.

#FrankenTankTuesday! V2 flat top on a V1 base.

13450154_1792505184313637_5947977022562058381_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread