Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Steam Crave is out of blue but that's where to get o-rings, screws, colored glass tubes & afc rings.
I think I saw afc rings at Origin Vapes but they might have been OOS.

#FrankenTankTuesday! V2 flat top on a V1 base.

13450154_1792505184313637_5947977022562058381_n.jpg
Thanks for the info. I just dusted off my Aromamizers after a 2 month break. Why oh why did I almost forget about these. My love has been rekindled. Forgot how good these things are.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
It looks like they finally came out with a plug for single coil use.

Single coil plugs for Aromamizer RDTA V1/v2,Aromamizer RDTA

The question now is which to purchase, RDTA V2 or Supreme Lite??
Looks like theyve half assed that

They specifically told me it would be a single coil deck, not some silicone and ceramic plugs.....sheesh

Anyways, like i said, i moved on from the weeks of nothigness after they promised the single coil deck...which we know now never was..

Why i didnt buy one, SteamCrave edition :

Aromamiser v1 - stupid vape band airflow control
Aromamiser v2 - single coil deck, that was promised, and never delivered

Reactions: MMW

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Great to see this thread still moving along. I still use my Aroma V1s on a daily basis. Of course I plugged and redrilled the indirect airflow holes to a smaller diameter and pitched the vape band. I also had to sand the bottoms of both tanks to get the direct airflow holes to line up with the coils but running them at 60-80w in TC with Ti coils provides the best flavor of any tank I've tried to date.

Thinking of trying a Limitless rdta. Maybe it'll replace my Aromas but the flavor would have to knock me over.

My black 7ml Supreme arrived this morning, and I was pretty pleased with it at first - after a strip down and clean, I threw on my usual build and filled, and promptly lost all the juice through the air holes when I cracked them open - this was with the juice holes closed!

I'm gonna put it down to me being a clumsy oaf and not reading the instructions first, perhaps I reassembled incorrectly, anyway I'm sure I'll like it tomorrow and it almost fits inside my Disguiser 150W mod (also arrived today).

....mmm, shiny!

....my 'usual' build - 32g/26g kanthal claptons - 7 wraps each side....nothing fancy!

....installed in my new Movkin Disguiser 150W mod.

....close-up of it not quite fitting inside aforementioned mod.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
My black 7ml Supreme arrived this morning, and I was pretty pleased with it at first - after a strip down and clean, I threw on my usual build and filled, and promptly lost all the juice through the air holes when I cracked them open - this was with the juice holes closed!

I'm gonna put it down to me being a clumsy oaf and not reading the instructions first, perhaps I reassembled incorrectly, anyway I'm sure I'll like it tomorrow and it almost fits inside my Disguiser 150W mod (also arrived today).

....mmm, shiny!

....my 'usual' build - 32g/26g kanthal claptons - 7 wraps each side....nothing fancy!

....installed in my new Movkin Disguiser 150W mod.

....close-up of it not quite fitting inside aforementioned mod.

You closed the JFC before filling...right?

Reactions: bongobreak
You closed the JFC before filling...right?
I sure did.

I probably didn't use the correct nomenclature - I believe I called it a juice hole in my earlier post - thanks for the warning though ismokeinbinary, I do need to be reminded regularly!! :)

So, I've pulled it all apart again and cleaned and lubricated all the seals (as it suggests in the instruction manual - which I'm ashamed to admit I never even glanced at)

AFC and JFC are fully closed, and I fill it about half full this time because of the pressure differential.

Unfortunately it again decided to dump the tank contents onto my build table.
Now, I have recently become aware of a phenomenon known as 'new tank syndrome' whereby ones RTA spills it's tranny fluid all over the place upon ones first build, but settles down after a while and is able to hold it's liquor!

I'm really hoping it's that simple, as disconcertingly mysterious as this phenomenon sounds, but I'm beginning to lose patience, not to mention expensive e-liquid.

@ismokeinbinary - would you know of anything that I'm doing wrong? I realise it's difficult for you to comment on my setup without any detail, (I'd be glad to provide some close-ups of my build/wick technique if necessary), but if you or anyone knows about anything obvious or some little trick which would cure this problem, I'd be very grateful for any info from more experienced vapers.

Or is it just a matter of being patient, and waiting for 'new tank syndrome' to subside?

I really want to like this tank, so any help/advice would be gratefully received.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I sure did.

I probably didn't use the correct nomenclature - I believe I called it a juice hole in my earlier post - thanks for the warning though ismokeinbinary, I do need to be reminded regularly!! :)

So, I've pulled it all apart again and cleaned and lubricated all the seals (as it suggests in the instruction manual - which I'm ashamed to admit I never even glanced at)

AFC and JFC are fully closed, and I fill it about half full this time because of the pressure differential.

Unfortunately it again decided to dump the tank contents onto my build table.
Now, I have recently become aware of a phenomenon known as 'new tank syndrome' whereby ones RTA spills it's tranny fluid all over the place upon ones first build, but settles down after a while and is able to hold it's liquor!

I'm really hoping it's that simple, as disconcertingly mysterious as this phenomenon sounds, but I'm beginning to lose patience, not to mention expensive e-liquid.

@ismokeinbinary - would you know of anything that I'm doing wrong? I realise it's difficult for you to comment on my setup without any detail, (I'd be glad to provide some close-ups of my build/wick technique if necessary), but if you or anyone knows about anything obvious or some little trick which would cure this problem, I'd be very grateful for any info from more experienced vapers.

Or is it just a matter of being patient, and waiting for 'new tank syndrome' to subside?

I really want to like this tank, so any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Gunna need build pics. I'm 99% positive there's not enough cotton to cover the juice holes all the way. I make sure I fluff my tails out so they complete cover my feed holes.

Reactions: bongobreak
Gunna need build pics. I'm 99% positive there's not enough cotton to cover the juice holes all the way. I make sure I fluff my tails out so they complete cover my feed holes.

Ahh....you should have been 100% :D - because that's where I've gone wrong!!!
Like the numbskull that I am I thought we were supposed to leave the juice holes clear, so I've been painstakingly poking them away from them!!
I will revise my build technique accordingly - no need for me to bore you with poor quality closeups, pretty sure you nailed it!

You have been immensely helpful sir, a thousand thanks - if I could 'like' your post more than once, I surely would :thumb:

Make sure your JFC pins are in place, otherwise the juice flow doesn't close down properly. I know this from experience because the first 2 times I cleaned my Supreme I lost them down the drain. :cry:

And thankyou too thayamax, I also learned this the hard way - they are awfully fiddly, and I probably incorrectly reassembled it the first time round.
Good thing they gave us a couple of spares :thumbs:

Alrighty - time for another build :banana:

Thanks again.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
Okay I made a boo boo. Totally destroyed the 510 screw by over tightening it. I was cleaning the Atty and couldnt push the positive post down all the way, so I figured I know I'll just screw the screw down and it'll pull the 510 screw down the rest of the way! Well, I was wrong :( I've attached a picture.

Any ideas on where I would even start to recover the screw? Or should I just give up and get a new deck.
965b7c478fae11e287e257d5b3b0cbdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phone Guy

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Okay I made a boo boo. Totally destroyed the 510 screw by over tightening it. I was cleaning the Atty and couldnt push the positive post down all the way, so I figured I know I'll just screw the screw down and it'll pull the 510 screw down the rest of the way! Well, I was wrong :( I've attached a picture.

Any ideas on where I would even start to recover the screw? Or should I just give up and get a new deck.
965b7c478fae11e287e257d5b3b0cbdb.jpg

Try to take out the remaining screw and replace with a spare, I'm sure you've got something somewhere that'll work.

I like the table cloth btw. ;)

Reactions: cigatron

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
No actually I got REAL lucky and the remaining thread that was stuck wasn't torqued down so the screw was able to spin freely, I just worked it out with a flat head and patience. So glad you have no idea. And I happened to have a screw in the vape box that fit no problem. Who knows where it came from but I'm not complaining [emoji51][emoji1303]

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Late to the party, I know. I bought two of these due to posts I read in other threads. Put them in the vapocalypse stash. Got some all VG juice (Stash) that I wanted to savor so I broke one out.
I like it. So far I am not used to hot vapes. I am using it on a Hexohm at 50%. I think I have the original and I hate the air flow thingy. I read someone above ditched theirs so I will do that too

Reactions: cigatron

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Late to the party, I know. I bought two of these due to posts I read in other threads. Put them in the vapocalypse stash. Got some all VG juice (Stash) that I wanted to savor so I broke one out.
I like it. So far I am not used to hot vapes. I am using it on a Hexohm at 50%. I think I have the original and I hate the air flow thingy. I read someone above ditched theirs so I will do that too

Ditched the AFC? Yes, some have. But search this thread for ways to plug the holes. Or, get the V2.

I think I like the V2 more than the Supreme...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread