Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I have gotten a noticeable difference in flavor and vapor quality from stainless steel wire in temperature control mode.

No doubt. But only have had luck with 430 SS for TC mode. Maybe I should revisit 316L or 304 for TC. But so far the best results I have had is with 22G 430 SS. I really need some 26G or 24G 430 SS but cant find it anywhere. My supplier just has 22G and 28G 430 SS.

I do have 26G and 24G 316L and 26G and 24G 304 SS that I should probably try out in TC. The only build I've tried other than the 430 22G SS for TC was with some 28G 316L which was way too thin and delicate for me... didnt work well. But perhaps some 316L in 26 might do well in TC... from what I have read 430 is the king of TC for SS. The other grades are really just good in Wattage Mode. But would be better than 24G Kanthal which is what im back to as I await my supplier to get the 24 and 26G of the 430.

Rayon really shines in the Aromamizer. I had some issues at first but thats because I was still relatively new to wicking with Rayon. Wasn't the Aromamizer's fault, it was me learning this new material and figuring out the right thickness and proper way to trim the tails. After much struggling I have really come to appreciate Rayon. How could anyone not though? Cheapest wicking material that has the best clouds and flavor... win win situation :)

RiceRide

Jan 3, 2016
Received this tank 2 days ago but still struggle to get a good flavour out of this. Not sure abt i.d. (guess 2.5ish mm) but 22 gauge kanthal 6 wraps and .2 ohm. How much wattage would you recommend for a good flavour or any obvious mistake seen on the build?
First time to try vertical coils so any suggestion helps!
Thanks

3c378f50ee127b79af2c77a9392758ed.jpg

RiceRide

Jan 3, 2016
are you using the drip tip if so try without it . i bought the delren drip tips for mine and cut the anti spit back part off one of them to me works great
Thanks for the suggestion!
I already took it off as someone from YouTube said he liked it without it and I also felt a bit better flavour.
Will probbaly get some drip tip too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Andye81

May 31, 2015
Hi,

I've had the aromamizer for about a month, get great flavour with horizontal builds, but can't get vertical builds to work for me. Always have the top of the cotton getting very dark and start to get funky flavours very fast. Using native wicks, Clapton or alien coils running at usually 50watts on a SX Mini ( kanthal builds)

Any suggestions, maybe cotton length at the top of the coil?

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Hi,

I've had the aromamizer for about a month, get great flavour with horizontal builds, but can't get vertical builds to work for me. Always have the top of the cotton getting very dark and start to get funky flavours very fast. Using native wicks, Clapton or alien coils running at usually 50watts on a SX Mini ( kanthal builds)

Any suggestions, maybe cotton length at the top of the coil?
I don't think there's anything you can do except rewick very often.
The juice just sits there and gets cooked. You cannot draw new juice up there.
I have the same issue. I will give horizontal coils another shot.

RiceRide

Jan 3, 2016
Ah so the problem was the vertical coils. Heard someone saying that he gets a great flavour with vertical setup so I thought vertical is always better but not for some apparently? Or is there anyone who get a nice flavour at high wattage? I see so much vape and my room gets foggy but flavour doesn't really follow the amount of vape.

Will try the horizontal build now. I hope it won't leak. Thanks for the new input!

RiceRide

Jan 3, 2016
Is that your FD3 in your avi? I had one once... took the fire department about an hour to cut me out of it when a tire blew on me during a road race...
It was but not anymore. I also used to have one back in my country Japan but now I live in the UK so had to sell one when I left there. Cried so hard lol

Yeah I know what u mean that engine sometimes gets fire so people who do track days have a fire extinguisher in the car actually. I know someone who used to be an engine engineer of 787B and he also recommended me to get one lol

Sorry its off topic but I'm happy to see someone who likes such a beautiful and fun car.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa

cgunes

Nov 2, 2013
Mersin , Turkey
I prepared a rebuild video. Simple dual coil and wicking , 24Awg SS316L , 3mm diameter.
After threading the base to the tank section, A little unscrewing of the base may be required to align the coils to the air holes. If they are not aligned properly , the flavor is reduced dramatically.

RiceRide

Jan 3, 2016
I prepared a rebuild video. Simple dual coil and wicking , 24Awg SS316L , 3mm diameter.
After threading the base to the tank section, A little unscrewing of the base may be required to align the coils to the air holes. If they are not aligned properly , the flavor is reduced dramatically.

Great video for dual coil newbies like me! How much ohm have u got on that build btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread