The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Asmodus Zesthia RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by madstabber, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    I might buy a black one. As much as I love this tank, one is not enough. Another gold would probably be enough for now. Asmodus says there are no plans for a rainbow version, but did say that it is possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    @PJReid would you mind taking a pic of your deck for me? With the angle of the pic showing the coil height? If its not too much trouble. Thank you :)

I first installed it lower on the deck like Vaping with Vic so that the side angled airflow slots are directed at the bottom 1/3 of the coil.

I have now watched a few more vids & some reviewers are putting the top of the coil flush with the top of the clamp (where the screws go in).

I’m trying to optimize the flavor. It’s weird because I dont usually have issues with coil placement.

Much appreciated ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    Yes, I would be happy to post a photo or two. Give me a few minutes to take out the wick and see if I can get a decent picture.

• Love Love x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    @Heartsdelight - my coil is installed as high as I could install it. With this deck, I think we are limited a bit on positioning. This position is working well for me. I hope this helps.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    That’s so sweet of you! :wub:
    I didn’t want you to have to remove your wick. It’s much appreciated! I think my coil now is at your height. And I am getting better flavor than when I installed it lower like Vaping with Vic. I had the airflow fully open which was fine as far as draw but the flavor seems better with it half closed.

I’m going to take a pic of my deck to show you mine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    2A96BF16-1DD2-4CAE-B6B1-5CD6F9AE86DB.jpeg It looks to be about the same height as yours. What do you think? Can you see it well enough?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    @PJReid is your coil diameter 3mm i.d. Or 3.5mm i.d.? I’m using their included coil.

8. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    @Heartsdelight - my coil might be a touch higher than yours but not enough to make much of a difference. The coil in the picture is a 3mm SS fused Clapton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Heartsdelight

Nov 10, 2015
    Thank you so much for your help! :wub:
    How are you adjusting your airflow?

• Like Like x 2
  10. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What resistance are the coils you use? I’m liking at least a half an ohm and up. I tried some .2&.15 and couldn’t get a good vape. Turn it up and too hot. Turn it down and not enough vapor. I always vaped .5 with my crown so it makes sense but I was just wondering what resistance works for you.

11. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    My AF is wide open. I like airy tanks. :)

My current coil is .27ohms. I think that the Ni80 coil included was .34 - around there anyway. I haven't gone nearly as low as you are. I guess it depends on the wire, size, etc. I usually stick to quad-core fused Claptons in SS. It probably also depends on the mod you are using. If it doesn't preheat, that might be part of the problem. IDK for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  12. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    I can confirm if you order a rainbow color from Eight Vape, you will get SS.
    They still have not changed the description.
    Really liking this tank, not sure why it's not being carried by more US vendors.
    The only place I see it available is Eight Vape and Vapor Range ($49)
    Even the China vendors haven't picked it up yet.
    The only issue I have is I wish they put more knurling on the fill cap, and included a 510 DT adapter.

• Like Like x 3