PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I wondered about that.
I wanted a SS, but ordered a black instead.
Guess Ill just have to order another in SS.
Hope they make a rainbow for you some day...:thumb:

I might buy a black one. As much as I love this tank, one is not enough. Another gold would probably be enough for now. Asmodus says there are no plans for a rainbow version, but did say that it is possible.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
@PJReid would you mind taking a pic of your deck for me? With the angle of the pic showing the coil height? If its not too much trouble. Thank you :)

I first installed it lower on the deck like vaping with Vic so that the side angled airflow slots are directed at the bottom 1/3 of the coil.

I have now watched a few more vids & some reviewers are putting the top of the coil flush with the top of the clamp (where the screws go in).

I’m trying to optimize the flavor. It’s weird because I dont usually have issues with coil placement.

Much appreciated ;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: madstabber

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid would you mind taking a pic of your deck for me? With the angle of the pic showing the coil height? If its not too much trouble. Thank you :)

I first installed it lower on the deck like Vaping with Vic so that the side angled airflow slots are directed at the bottom 1/3 of the coil.

I have now watched a few more vids & some reviewers are putting the top of the coil flush with the top of the clamp (where the screws go in).

I’m trying to optimize the flavor. It’s weird because I dont usually have issues with coil placement.

Much appreciated ;)

Yes, I would be happy to post a photo or two. Give me a few minutes to take out the wick and see if I can get a decent picture.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@Heartsdelight - my coil is installed as high as I could install it. With this deck, I think we are limited a bit on positioning. This position is working well for me. I hope this helps.

87f5e05370a1fbe49537287081567b77.jpg
a5ec6ad563904cbc2ac24991aa8d15bc.jpg

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
@Heartsdelight - my coil is installed as high as I could install it. With this deck, I think we are limited a bit on positioning. This position is working well for me. I hope this helps.

87f5e05370a1fbe49537287081567b77.jpg
a5ec6ad563904cbc2ac24991aa8d15bc.jpg
That’s so sweet of you! :wub:
I didn’t want you to have to remove your wick. It’s much appreciated! I think my coil now is at your height. And I am getting better flavor than when I installed it lower like Vaping with Vic. I had the airflow fully open which was fine as far as draw but the flavor seems better with it half closed.

I’m going to take a pic of my deck to show you mine.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
@Heartsdelight - my coil might be a touch higher than yours but not enough to make much of a difference. The coil in the picture is a 3mm SS fused Clapton.
What resistance are the coils you use? I’m liking at least a half an ohm and up. I tried some .2&.15 and couldn’t get a good vape. Turn it up and too hot. Turn it down and not enough vapor. I always vaped .5 with my crown so it makes sense but I was just wondering what resistance works for you.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thank you so much for your help! :wub:
How are you adjusting your airflow?

My AF is wide open. I like airy tanks. :)

What resistance are the coils you use? I’m liking at least a half an ohm and up. I tried some .2&.15 and couldn’t get a good vape. Turn it up and too hot. Turn it down and not enough vapor. I always vaped .5 with my crown so it makes sense but I was just wondering what resistance works for you.

My current coil is .27ohms. I think that the Ni80 coil included was .34 - around there anyway. I haven't gone nearly as low as you are. I guess it depends on the wire, size, etc. I usually stick to quad-core fused Claptons in SS. It probably also depends on the mod you are using. If it doesn't preheat, that might be part of the problem. IDK for sure.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I can confirm if you order a rainbow color from Eight Vape, you will get SS.
    They still have not changed the description.
    Really liking this tank, not sure why it's not being carried by more US vendors.
    The only place I see it available is Eight Vape and Vapor Range ($49)
    Even the China vendors haven't picked it up yet.
    The only issue I have is I wish they put more knurling on the fill cap, and included a 510 DT adapter.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I can confirm if you order a rainbow color from Eight Vape, you will get SS.
    They still have not changed the description.
    Really liking this tank, not sure why it's not being carried by more US vendors.
    The only place I see it available is Eight Vape and Vapor Range ($49)
    Even the China vendors haven't picked it up yet.
    The only issue I have is I wish they put more knurling on the fill cap, and included a 510 DT adapter.
    You guys are making me want to order another RTA, lol. I do like the way this one looks, but I have quite a few already (including the Zeus) that are still in the box because I haven't gotten around to them.

Anyone having any leaking after filling and screwing down the top cap?

Asmodus has them listed for $39. I'm considering picking up another Luna squonker, and will probably pick up one of these at the same time if I do. Figure it's an 'add-on' item at that point since I'd already be spending the $99 to get free shipping by purchasing another Luna. At least I'm trying to convince myself it's a good idea. ;)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    You guys are making me want to order another RTA, lol. I do like the way this one looks, but I have quite a few already (including the Zeus) that are still in the box because I haven't gotten around to them.

Asmodus has them listed for $39. I'm considering picking up another Luna squonker, and will probably pick up one of these at the same time if I do. Figure it's an 'add-on' item at that point since I'd already be spending the $99 to get free shipping by purchasing another Luna. At least I'm trying to convince myself it's a good idea. ;)
    The Zesthia is only $29.99 at Eightvape.com & if you use my code you get $5.00 off http://i.refs.cc/VRFtc8Sw?u=1519778214836

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015

They also have the Luna from $89.99-$92.99 depending on the color. And free shipping $75 & up.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    2906408B-CB64-4DF4-AF2E-8D7147A8ACC4.jpeg
    I just wanted to add this being that the Zesthia doesn’t come with a 810 to 510 adapter. 3fvape has a nice metal adapter with heat dissipation fins. They have two options-a 12.5mm and a 12.8mm. The standard 810 diameter is 12.5mm but I got the 12.8mm one because I wanted it tight and figured I could remove a few .mm’s with sandpaper or an Arkansas stone. I did but it was a pain in my ... I should’ve got the 12.5mm one so you’ve been notified. Also they come in silver or black and are 1.99. Here’s a pic so you can see how they look. It on my Themis but you can see it’s beauty and quality. In addition I got a nice glass 510 drip tip and I love how it keeps the heat off my lips.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I bought some of the heat dissipators but haven't used one yet. Since mother my Zesthia and my Manta tanks don't come with 810 to 510 adapters, I have stocked up on those. I will give a heat dissipator a try since I used metal DTS and that just might help. Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread